1 thing that grinds my gears

Started by Hakudamashi, August 14, 2009, 08:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

HATING THINGS JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE POPULAR

Yes,I'm talking about people who's ONLY reason for hating something is because many other people enjoy it alot.Take FF7 for a good example,most of you who've played it can tell me just how friggin awesome it is right?from gameplay to story to characters.And I'm sure at one point you believed "THIS IS THE BEST RPG EVA"[/exaggerated] ok maybe not THAT great :P
And then you have this whole "hating community" that bashes it repeatedly for no reason(literally).When you ask these ppl "why do you hate it so much?" the most you can get outta them is "Its not that great a game :P" or no answer.

And yes it gets worse.Then you have these ppl who have totally fallen in love with something JUST BECAUSE ITS CRAP!!!
Yes,I know ppl who's only reason for liking something is because "Its the worst in the series" or "Its soo underrated".When you ask these ppl "why do you love it so much?" the most you get outta them is "Its not that bad" or no answer

However,if you do somehow buck into someone who can give you a proper answer when you ask them these things,then you got someone with a mind of his own
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Jordan teh Echidna

Yeah it's happened to me before, all i got was "cos' it's crap and my one's better >=C"   +1
Pesterchum = sirJayden

blazerh44

That's true. I've talked to a lotta people about games that were awesome (like FF7 and Smash Bros Brawl) and they never gave me a reason why they hated them. The nerve of some people

annoyinglad

Wind, like you say. It IS the internet. Not only does that mean you can't take what people say as you interpret it, it also means that there is a large population of retarded haters.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: annoyinglad on August 15, 2009, 07:22:42 AM
Wind, like you say. It IS the internet. Not only does that mean you can't take what people say as you interpret it, it also means that there is a large population of retarded haters.
well the internet blows
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

blazerh44

There are a lot of retarted people on the internet. That's why we're here to make some sense

Hakudamashi

Quote from: blazerh44 on August 15, 2009, 04:41:04 PM
There are a lot of retarted people on the internet. That's why we're here to make some sense
not all of us
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

annoyinglad

blazerh44

Annoyinglad isn't an internet retard. If anything I am

annoyinglad

Quote from: blazerh44 on August 15, 2009, 04:59:03 PM
Annoyinglad isn't an internet retard. If anything I am

Nope, you actually make sense.

wen has i evs made sense?

blazerh44

By saying that I should be a mod :P

Haha jk. In your whole argument with Mikey about just giving away karma

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

annoyinglad

Quote from: blazerh44 on August 15, 2009, 05:02:45 PM
By saying that I should be a mod :P

Haha jk. In your whole argument with Mikey about just giving away karma

How'd that make no sense? That was a logical conversation.

blazerh44

I didn't say that made no sense, I said that made a lot of sense

jkid101094

I'm guilty of that. But with other things. Like Runescape (well actually that's just one reason of many).

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.