Article: SEGA going back to hardware?!

Started by Gilly, October 06, 2008, 01:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilly

I was reading this today....
It'd be really interesting to see a rise of sega again in the hardware buisness but... my question would be that isn't Sonic currently now licensed by Nintendo?? I wonder if sonic would have any games for the new systems in the future

"After losing the hardware competition to guys like Sony and Nintendo, Sega fell back into the role of just a software developer, focusing its energies on creating new Sonic the Hedgehog games. Well, it seems that Sega is no longer satisfied with just the software end of things anymore, because the Game Gear and Genesis maker is jumping back into hardware.

No, Sega is not re-entering the home console market just yet, but it is expressing serious interest in the emerging portable entertainment market currently populated by devices like the Sony PSP and Nintendo DS. That said, the new Sega Vision is not a dedicated game machine. Instead, it functions more like a PMP, offering portable TV, movie watching, music playing, and an eBook reader.

The Sega Vision does have games, but it's not in the same league as a DS or PSP title. Instead, you get rudimentary Java-based games that probably aren't much better than what you get on a cell phone. Worse yet, Sega isn't even making the Sega Vision itself, instead rebranding some crappy Chinese MP4 player as its own."

Source: http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/337/C16323/

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Gleech

Quote from: SonicFan47 on December 16, 2008, 08:00:41 PM
I don't care in the Ryan/Jason debate. I can't tell the difference
but I favor JALEEL WHITE!

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Luma

sad, sega is better than that, atleast, was...i wish Nintendo would just buy Sonic's copyright from Sega, then he would be awesome again

Gilly

Quote from: AkatsukiSonic on October 07, 2008, 02:44:31 AM
sad, sega is better than that, atleast, was...i wish Nintendo would just buy Sonic's copyright from Sega, then he would be awesome again

Says whom?

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Indiman

Quote from: windlessusher on October 07, 2008, 01:08:57 PM
says him,and I BELIEVE he's wrong
Lol. I know sega can do it...theyre just confused in this mater right now

Hakudamashi

Quote from: HyperDarkspines on October 07, 2008, 04:50:09 PM
Lol. I know sega can do it...theyre just confused in this mater right now
a little too confused!
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

darkness shadow

know wat, i think they took it from the i-phone and just made it without the phone part
supa emeraldz

thnx rival, again
shineh emeraldz =D

Gilly

Quote from: windlessusher on October 08, 2008, 09:21:34 AM
>.> >:(

You see, this is considered spam... You have been spamming dude. Stop posting 1000 posts per minute and making them really small.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SoNICFaN23 on October 08, 2008, 03:59:18 PM
You see, this is considered spam... You have been spamming dude. Stop posting 1000 posts per minute and making them really small.
ok!If I'm gonna be a mod I gotta obey the rules and keep cool 8)
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Indiman

Quote from: windlessusher on October 08, 2008, 04:04:39 PM
ok!If I'm gonna be a mod I gotta obey the rules and keep cool 8)
Yes you will. >:D Obey!

sonicmaddave

I think this idea by Sega is actually a interesting one. It may not be a perfect re-entry into the video game hardware market, but it's a start of a return, you never know good may come out of it!

Indiman

Quote from: sonicmaddave on October 08, 2008, 05:39:55 PM
I think this idea by Sega is actually a interesting one. It may not be a perfect re-entry into the video game hardware market, but it's a start of a return, you never know good may come out of it!
It could end up in the competition! :D