6-year-old asks Norwegian King’s permission to be named Sonic X

Started by SonicFan47, June 14, 2009, 07:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaneme3

Quote from: SonicFan47 on June 14, 2009, 07:31:56 PM
From sonicretro.org.
Kind of old news, but still interesting.
"Six-year-old Christer was fed up with his name and sent a letter to Norway's King requesting his name to be changed to Sonic X.

There's a couple of things to explain before we continue with this bizarre story. Firstly, Christer wasn't asking the King to change his name to Sonic X, though King Sonic X has a certain ring to it. Secondly, we're not sure why Christer wanted the 'X' addition, since this was the simply title of the Japanese animé adaptation. Nevertheless...

Late last year Christer from Norway wrote a letter addressed to Norwegian King Harald V asking for his name to be officially changed to Sonic X, Norwegian newspaper and website dagbladet.no reports.

However, his parents were reluctant to send the letter. That is until months later Christer asked why they'd yet to post his heart felt request. The letter was sent and amazingly King Harald V replied.

Sadly, the King could not change Christer's name, but not because the change would result in a child running around with a ridiculous video game character's title. No, the request was rejected for the sole reason that at six-years-old, Christer was not old enough to make such a decision. Thus, the boy must contact King Harald V in twelve years time once he's turned 18.

Christer admitted that he was disappointed, explaining that "'it was a bit bad.'"

Discuss.

I personally find this kind of funny, but a little bit sad at the same time.
whoh thats messed up, but he sure does have guts
"Of course we're in Canada, thats why all the pigs taste like bacon!" My youtube channel, please check it out! http://www.youtube.com/user/shaneme3?feature=mhee

DatzAmorayEX

From sonicretro.org.
"Six-year-old Christer was fed up with his name and sent a letter to Norway's King requesting his name to be changed to Sonic X.

There's a couple of things to explain before we continue with this bizarre story. Firstly, Christer wasn't asking the King to change his name to Sonic X, though King Sonic X has a certain ring to it. Secondly, we're not sure why Christer wanted the 'X' addition, since this was the simply title of the Japanese animé adaptation. Nevertheless...

Late last year Christer from Norway wrote a letter addressed to Norwegian King Harald V asking for his name to be officially changed to Sonic X, Norwegian newspaper and website dagbladet.no reports.

However, his parents were reluctant to send the letter. That is until months later Christer asked why they'd yet to post his heart felt request. The letter was sent and amazingly King Harald V replied.

Sadly, the King could not change Christer's name, but not because the change would result in a child running around with a ridiculous video game character's title. No, the request was rejected for the sole reason that at six-years-old, Christer was not old enough to make such a decision. Thus, the boy must contact King Harald V in twelve years time once he's turned 18.

Christer admitted that he was disappointed, explaining that "'it was a bit bad.'"

Discuss.

I find it pretty cute.
"Aw Shaddup! Don't order me around ya pile of scrud metal!"
"Hey, calm down. Or else you're going to have to take a time out in the corner."

shadowDOESrock

From sonicretro.org.

Discuss.

LOLWUTTHEHECK

Hi Sonic X! Mr X? Mr. Sonic?   

fandm

darkness shadow

and i thaught i was mental... boy that kid has guts, but i'd happily change my name but not 2 something insane like that @_@ i put up with enough of that already
supa emeraldz

thnx rival, again
shineh emeraldz =D

DJ Boredom

MR. X! YOURE LATE! YOU GOTTA GO FAST! D:

lmao I could picture someone being named that.

Shadic90 For this sig

SlashXVI

LOL! I can't blame him. Sonic X Would be a pretty epic name.

THANKS JET!

117EWAN

wow :o the facked that a 6yo tride to change his name to a tvshow name is pretty wild

Taz

Quote from: shadowsonicmiguelaso on April 05, 2010, 04:37:35 PM
im not spamming you hear it
That just then was spam.
Ban this fucker, kthx.
Anyways, the kid does, indeed, have balls.

Jazz Nova

Why Sonic X?
I would change my name to Zander
But still.
"and Sonic breezes by the competition"
(if he runs track and it fast)
Thanks, firestar and kirbysoul, respectively

ZeroGravix

Oh god...why would anyone want to be named after that god awful monstrousity?

DatzAmorayEX

No matter how many times I read that, I can still never get over how he requested to change his name to 'Sonic X.'
"Aw Shaddup! Don't order me around ya pile of scrud metal!"
"Hey, calm down. Or else you're going to have to take a time out in the corner."

yuhwryu123