Article: "Is Sonic the Hedgehog still relevant?"

Started by Gilly, September 30, 2008, 08:53:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilly

"In the next week, a new Sonic game, called Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood will hit store shelves for the Nintendo DS. Some are anxiously waiting for the title to be released, while many don't care all that much. Why is that? Probably because Silent Hill: Homecoming will be released during the same week and, well, Sonic has lost his stride over the past decade.

Practically any poll you search for on the Web about the most popular video game characters will say that Mario is tops. In fact, a recent survey in Japan [Google translation warning] returned similar results showing Mario as the popular game character in the country, followed closely by other big names like Cloud from the Final Fantasy series and Yoshi.

Other surveys feature Sonic in the Top 10 -- usually around the middle area -- and the vast majority of people I surveyed on my Twitter page agreed with the public: Sonic isn't the best video game character of all-time, but he's certainly up there.

So what happened to Sonic? A decade ago, the blue hedgehog was at the top of his game and battling it out with Mario for the top-spot as the world's most popular video game character. Since then, even though he has been featured in a number of titles, his popularity has dropped significantly and his money-making potential has fallen with it.

All the while, stalwarts like Mario and Link have clung to the top spots with nary a drop in popularity.

During the heyday of the Sega Genesis, I can still remember the fights that would break out over whether Sonic or Mario was better. The Sega fanboys would support their mascot until the end and the Nintendo fanboys would do the same for their plumber. Little did we know that that really was the beginning of the end.

As soon as the Nintendo 64 hit store shelves and Mario become the centerpiece of the 3D platforming world, Sonic's decline started. Sega couldn't muster a real competitor and its own desire for speed trumped its necessity for fun and exciting platforming gameplay.

In the meantime, Sega itself was declining at a rapid rate and its blunders is ostracizing developers and retailers turned the company into pariah. And as Nintendo continued its charge as the de facto leader in innovative gameplay, Sega and Sonic were left out in the cold.

Finally, with the release of the Sega Dreamcast, Sega made an effort in the platforming space and released Sonic Adventure, which, to this day, is still one of my favorite games to play when I'm bored. But alas, it was too late and the once-proud Sonic was forced to endure as his creators bailed out of the hardware business in favor of software.

Sure, it wasn't long ago that Sega dropped out of the hardware business, but it really has been a long time since Sonic was on-par with Mario. In fact, I'd say that Sonic hasn't been considered an equal to Mario for at least a decade. During that time, all the kids that stayed true to Sonic have moved on, grown up, and found gaming love in titles like Halo and Gears of War. And all the younger kids who don't remember the days of Nintendo-Sega fighting only know and love one major player in the space: Mario. Sonic games are relegated to the bargain bin for these children.

And perhaps that's why few people are getting excited about the latest and greatest Sonic game. The people that once cared are too old to get excited about Sonic anymore and the younger people who should be getting excited barely care he exists. They would be much happier playing the latest Mario title or checking out any of the other major franchises in the industry.

I still look back at the old days when Sonic was at the top as some of the greatest days in gaming. It was a time when derivative gameplay was the exception, not the rule. And it was a time when gaming didn't have to be about sexy women or killing prostitutes to be fun. It was a time when gaming was real and it was unique.

And unfortunately, it's becoming clearer by the day that Sonic, a stalwart of that time, is dying of old age with each sub-par title from Sega trying to revive the old hedgehog.

Thanks for the good times, Sonic. We loved every minute of them."

Source: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-10054417-17.html

It made me sad realizing the truth that Sonic in the past decade really has declined so much in quality, and popularity. I think that this upcoming November will be one of the last chances some Sonic fans will give the series when Sonic Unleashed comes out. I hope the series can increase in popularity again, but the Sonic Team will REALLY have to  impress us all. Best of luck to you, Sonic.

Dracoslythe

Oh my GOD.  Reading this actually made me cry.
It's purely pathetic.

And the worst part about it is:
That article is one hundred percent true.

And you're right about Unleashed being one of the last chances some fans will give.

Gilly

Quote from: Dracoslythe on September 30, 2008, 09:57:18 AM
Oh my GOD.  Reading this actually made me cry.
It's purely pathetic.

And the worst part about it is:
That article is one hundred percent true.

And you're right about Unleashed being one of the last chances some fans will give.

Well I didn't like cry but the thing he says about thinking about myself 10 years ago when Sonic WAS so popular was sad, because they still could make good-quality Sonic games they just keep changing the series too much. If they stick to the classic Sonic style they would be a hell of a lot more successful. In most cases, change is good; however, this is one of those cases where it just isn't.... take it from the fans.

Indiman

Oh my!! This had made me realized even more how sonic's career has been going down. I might have to face the fact that Sonic will probably die after SU. :'( A little plumber is overcoming Sonic :( We better hope SCDB and SU will be good games. Or else it's bye bye sonic. I still have hope for them. And john you're right all this change is getting outta hand.

Hakudamashi

The irony is,Mario is older than Sonic.....that's just sad.
SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1IF YOU DON'T GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASSES AND ALLOW SONIC-KUN TO DIE SO EASILY,I SWEAR ON MY LIFE IN 10 YEARS TIME I WILL GO TO YOUR COMPANY AND GO ALL GTA WITH CHEAT ON YOUR ASSES!!!!!!!1

THIS.....I...SWEAR!
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Gilly

Quote from: windlessusher on October 01, 2008, 03:02:29 PM
The irony is,Mario is older than Sonic.....that's just sad.
SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1IF YOU DON'T GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASSES AND ALLOW SONIC-KUN TO DIE SO EASILY,I SWEAR ON MY LIFE IN 10 YEARS TIME I WILL GO TO YOUR COMPANY AND GO ALL GTA WITH CHEAT ON YOUR ASSES!!!!!!!1

THIS.....I...SWEAR!

Please stop posting with all caps, acting like you're yelling, and threatning people.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SoNICFaN23 on October 01, 2008, 03:05:26 PM
Please stop posting with all caps, acting like you're yelling, and threatning people.
sorry ^^
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Indiman

sonicmaddave

Quote from: HyperDarkspines on October 01, 2008, 03:39:50 PM
I just hope sonic makes it through :'(

Same here, nothing wrong with mario but how the heck can an overweight plumber be so much cooler than the world's coolest hedgehog? ??? :'(

Indiman

Quote from: sonicmaddave on October 01, 2008, 10:18:37 PM
Same here, nothing wrong with mario but how the heck can an overweight plumber be so much cooler than the world's coolest hedgehog? ??? :'(

Sega got Carried away that's why. Sonic is so much hated now that some people actually think Mario can beat up sonic wtf!!

Hakudamashi

Quote from: HyperDarkspines on October 02, 2008, 11:18:49 AM
Sega got Carried away that's why. Sonic is so much hated now that some people actually think Mario can beat up sonic wtf!!
speed conquers all ya bunch of Sonic haters!
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Dracoslythe

OMG, and ironically, we got into an argument about this on the bus yesterday...about Mario and Sonic...and sad to say...
There were two Sonic supporters (including me) against like...seven Mario supporters.

I heard someone make the comment that "He [Sonic] is just a hedgehog that runs fast?  What's so special about that?"
My answer:
"And Mario is a plumbler that jumps on turtles.  Big deal."

Mario is cool, don't get me wrong, but sheesh.

I remember, if this was back in third grade, the tables would have been turned, and Sonic would have the majority...X.x

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Dracoslythe on October 02, 2008, 12:04:07 PM
OMG, and ironically, we got into an argument about this on the bus yesterday...about Mario and Sonic...and sad to say...
There were two Sonic supporters (including me) against like...seven Mario supporters.

I heard someone make the comment that "He [Sonic] is just a hedgehog that runs fast?  What's so special about that?"
My answer:

I remember, if this was back in third grade, the tables would have been turned, and Sonic would have the majority...X.x
Now my happy mood just died :'(
R.I.P. Windlessusher's happy mood
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Indiman

My answer:

OMG EXACTLY. SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST...WTF

gfgffg

sonic never will give up and he will live infinity we love u sonic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what are u looking at! lol jk :)

Gilly

My answer:

Well it is sad to us sonic fans but that's just more proof of what the article is saying that mario is much more popular than sonic. I miss the days when it wasn't embarrassing to say I like sonic.

Indiman

Quote from: SoNICFaN23 on October 03, 2008, 02:20:13 AM
Well it is sad to us sonic fans but that's just more proof of what the article is saying that mario is much more popular than sonic. I miss the days when it was embarrassing to say I like sonic.

That embarassing day is now. Or did you mean u miss the days of when ur embarrassed when u say "I hate Sonic?" Idk

by the way, IGN gave Sonic Chronicles a 6.5 :'(

Hakudamashi

Quote from: HyperDarkspines on October 03, 2008, 04:44:14 PM
That embarassing day is now. Or did you mean u miss the days of when ur embarrassed when u say "I hate Sonic?" Idk

Isn't 6.5 good?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

CradledEggle

i miss sega genisi days,but sega should do this....make the old sonic games(sonic 3& knuckles fir example) into a 3d platform but that it is the same thing,just 3d and that sonic and freinds are mute so that way,anoying people don't wine about how bad griffith is a t voice acting,wich is not that bad really(dont kill me) and neither is silver 's or any other voice actor(plaese dont kill me),but sega needs to think of a way to give sonic the way he was ment to be,they can start by making the games have no voices,or going back to the origanals.*sigh*
------
~Circa 2009; We were kids back then, just looking for a past time~

Mephiles

Quote from: Blade the hedgehog on October 03, 2008, 05:44:27 PM
so that way,anoying people don't wine about how bad griffith is a t voice acting,wich is not that bad really(dont kill me) and neither is silver 's or any other voice actor(plaese dont kill me)
I don't really hate the voices either, but I think they can be improved. Unleashed better suprise us in a good way.
let's see, what gets everyone's attention? penis

Indiman

I heard in the demo of Unleashed that they have the same noises from Next Gen

Gilly

Quote from: HyperDarkspines on October 03, 2008, 04:44:14 PM

lol i forgot the " 't " at the end of that haha sorry about the typo

Quote from: HyperDarkspines on October 03, 2008, 07:48:33 PM
I heard in the demo of Unleashed that they have the same noises from Next Gen

Yeah I heard similar sounds but seriously that's not something  I care about.

darkness shadow

sonic is dieing, but i'll always like sonic now sega, take my advice: get of ur lazy arses and save the legendary blue blur!!!
supa emeraldz

thnx rival, again
shineh emeraldz =D

Hakudamashi

Quote from: ultrashadow on October 04, 2008, 06:52:32 AM
sonic is dieing, but i'll always like sonic now sega, take my advice: get of ur lazy arses and save the legendary blue blur!!!
Believe it or YOU MUST DIE!
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Indiman

Umm... If sonic unleashed isn't good then I think I have an idea (stupid idea though)

CradledEggle

Quote from: HyperDarkspines on October 04, 2008, 09:22:13 AM
Umm... If sonic unleashed isn't good then I think I have an idea (stupid idea though)
WHAT?!?!?(fan game or riot?)
------

Hakudamashi

Quote from: ultrashadow on October 05, 2008, 08:42:39 AM
who, me?
no to all who DON'T believe it,cause if they don't,THEY MUST DIE!

WAIT JUST A MINUTE!!!!How did Mario and Sonic get compared in the first place....seriously what do they have in common?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shanicky

Indiman

Hakudamashi

Quote from: HyperDarkspines on October 05, 2008, 10:44:45 AM
hahaha lol Nice one
although it was a good,I was being serious,why did they get compared and cause SEGA to try soo hard?Also,why do soo many ppl see them as enemies instead of friends?
I just hope it doesn't come down to this T_T
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Luma

rather think about what'll happen if sega doesn't get the money from sonic unleashed.. they will just stop making sonic games, who gives a shit about fanboys and fangirls and fangays and fanwhores, if sega doesnt get their money  there aint no more sonic games, no bad ones and no good ones

skykid10

Proto_Blaze

i have a feeling if sonic unleashed is good, his chance of survival will increase

asshat

nothing to see here

darkness shadow

but that chance will be killed by sonic and the black night
supa emeraldz

thnx rival, again
shineh emeraldz =D

Gilly

idk why you guys say sonic will die/be killed. im sure they'll continue to make games for years.

darkness shadow

i hope they do, but u gotta amit, he's been goin downhill, fast
supa emeraldz

thnx rival, again
shineh emeraldz =D

Gilly

Quote from: ultrashadow on October 09, 2008, 08:06:14 AM
i hope they do, but u gotta amit, he's been goin downhill, fast

Not fast enough apparently since they continue to make new games.
SEGA needs to bring back the 2D sonic games more. They did something right with
Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure but they should continue to make those types.

Snooky

Quote from: SoNICFaN23 on October 09, 2008, 08:07:53 AM
Not fast enough apparently since they continue to make new games.
SEGA needs to bring back the 2D sonic games more. They did something right with
Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure but they should continue to make those types.

They are bringing back 2D gameplay with Sonic Unleashed.

CradledEggle

Quote from: Snooky on October 09, 2008, 08:43:05 AM
They are bringing back 2D gameplay with Sonic Unleashed.
what are you talking about?!? unleashed is 3-D watch the trailer(3-D new smiley)
------

Snooky

Quote from: Blade the hedgehog on October 09, 2008, 11:45:58 AM
what are you talking about?!? unleashed is 3-D watch the trailer(3-D new smiley)

With both 2D and 3D gameplay.

guppy

Does anybody think the sonic adventure 1 and 2 for the dc was any good

Indiman

Quote from: guppy on October 15, 2008, 04:10:24 AM
Does anybody think the sonic adventure 1 and 2 for the dc was any good
Ok that is really off-topic >:(

Sariah

That.. just plainly pissed me off.
I remember playing the Sega Genesis when I was like.. five or six with my older brother. I still think Sonic games are great. Sonic still has lots of fans, people who dont care about him anymore are missing so much D:

Snooky

Quote from: Sariah on October 16, 2008, 02:09:12 PM
I remember playing the Sega Genesis when I was like.. five or six with my older brother. I still think Sonic games are great. Sonic still has lots of fans, people who dont care about him anymore are missing so much D:

No they're not.

Sariah

Quote from: Snooky on October 17, 2008, 04:03:44 AM
No they're not.

I think they are cause Sonic makes me haapppyyyyyy.
but whatever :| i guess so then

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Sariah on October 17, 2008, 08:01:32 AM
I think they are cause Sonic makes me haapppyyyyyy.
but whatever :| i guess so then
Cause remember,not everyone likes the same thing :(
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Sariah

Quote from: windlessusher on October 17, 2008, 11:53:31 AM
Cause remember,not everyone likes the same thing :(

yeah, i know.
but the games are fuunn~
but it sucks that hes the main character, but hes like, the most hated.
there are so many "fake" fans.. it drives me insane.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Sariah on October 17, 2008, 12:43:53 PM
yeah, i know.
but the games are fuunn~
but it sucks that hes the main character, but hes like, the most hated.
there are so many "fake" fans.. it drives me insane.
you and me both
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Indiman

Quote from: Sariah on October 16, 2008, 02:09:12 PM
Yeah...As long as it's a sonic game I like it lol. :P

Dracoslythe

The bottom line is that Sonic is still pretty epic, no matter who you are.
If you're a Sonic fan or not...
You can still find something in the franchise that you like.
Because of the entire franchise being wide-spread.  There's some of EVERYTHING.

Sonic, although many fans say he's going downhill, and they may not even be real "fans," will ALWAYS have a place in my collections.  Even if I do wander off, and kind of lose interest in it being my FAVORITE game (it's happened before, and then it suddenly was again.  XD).

ShadowsOfSilver

*sigh* IF SONIC DIES MARIO'S COMIN' WITH HIM! Yah I like mario but really Draco's right.
Quote"And Mario's just a plumber who jumps on turtles. Big deal."

I have ideas for SEGA.

THEY HAVE TO MAKE AWESOME GAMES. Though. The people who used to like Sonic are replacing him with Mario and giving bad comments on the games before they play them.

The Meph's back in da hawz

Hakudamashi

Quote from: ShadowsOfSilver on November 10, 2008, 02:33:10 PM
The people who used to like Sonic are replacing him with Mario and giving bad comments on the games before they play them.
And it annoys me soo effin much DX
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

ShadowsOfSilver

Me too... AND I MEAN IT! IF SONIC DIES MARIO'S COMING WITH HIM!

Snooky

Quote from: HyperDarkspines on October 18, 2008, 10:02:59 PM
Yeah...As long as it's a sonic game I like it lol. :P

As long as it's a GOOD Sonic game I like it... I HATE Sonic 360...

Reaver77

Quote from: Snooky on November 11, 2008, 02:21:09 PM
As long as it's a GOOD Sonic game I like it... I HATE Sonic 360...

Hey that game was really hardcore, it just had a lot of problems... :\

Snooky

Quote from: Reaver77 on November 11, 2008, 02:22:07 PM
Hey that game was really hardcore, it just had a lot of problems... :\

Exactly, like the problem where it ruined Sonic with millions of glitches, a god awful story, worse voice acting, broken controls and all-around bad gameplay.

Reaver77

Quote from: Snooky on November 11, 2008, 02:30:34 PM
Exactly, like the problem where it ruined Sonic with millions of glitches, a god awful story, worse voice acting, broken controls and all-around bad gameplay.

Glitches yes.
Godawful story...I didn't think so... :(
Voice acting wasn't that bad...
I thought it had good controls, they were just a bit too touchy in game
Gameplay was fun, minus a few annoying glitches (such as not being able to move in air when jumping while on a snowboard thing)

loopdeer

Sega should go a bit back in time and make newer levels for the original games that were in 2d or make a game like sonic adventure 1-2

chet

Quote from: NiGHTMaRE on October 03, 2008, 02:20:13 AM
Well it is sad to us sonic fans but that's just more proof of what the article is saying that mario is much more popular than sonic. I miss the days when it wasn't embarrassing to say I like sonic.
i agree!! now i earned an embarassing reputation at my school for liking sonic!!

i like blue... and mario is red!!! red is the complete opposite of blue!!!!!!
Your reading my sig
2. Now your saying/thinking thats a stupid fact.
4. You didnt notice that i skipped 3.
5. Your checking it now.
6. Your smiling.
7. Your still reading my signature.
8. You know all you have read is true.
10. You didnt notice that i skipped 9.
11. Your checking it now.
12. You didnt notice there are only 10 facts
O o
/¯/___________________________ _ __/
| ITS OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯ ¯¯

sonicmaddave

I feel quite embarrassed to tell some of my relations I like Sonic because they think it's a kids thing and that I should grow out of it. :(

Hakudamashi

Quote from: sonicmaddave on January 06, 2009, 02:26:23 PM
I feel quite embarrassed to tell some of my relations I like Sonic because they think it's a kids thing and that I should grow out of it. :(
Isn't Mario more kiddy than Sonic?
Quote from: loopdeer on January 01, 2009, 07:01:28 AM
Sega should go a bit back in time and make newer levels for the original games that were in 2d or make a game like sonic adventure 1-2
Its thinking like that thats making Sonic so downgraded
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Super Empra

Quote from: windlessusher on January 10, 2009, 08:08:41 AM
Its thinking like that thats making Sonic so downgraded
It thinking like that thats saving sonic. Nobody wants to play a slow sonic game, they are meant to be fast. Everytime times SEGA has tries something new it is always disliked.

If you're reading this, your a NOOB!!!

finaly

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Super Empra on January 20, 2009, 09:48:51 AM
It thinking like that thats saving sonic. Nobody wants to play a slow sonic game, they are meant to be fast. Everytime times SEGA has tries something new it is always disliked.
don't stereo type me with those other picky ppl

Just think about it,what if the sonic games...weren't sonic games?What if it was a different sprite?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

NeoMetalSonic

I will NEVER give up on Sonic. No matter what other people say. I will stay true to him. If Sega stays true to us, PLEASE Sega if you read these Replies and Topics. Know that we want the Blue Blur back on top. Just, don't rush the games. But, Good Luck Sonic.

skyrus5150

i hope they make a wicked game like SA2 soon to revive sonic

We
Eeeeeddddd d d dd

KnuXXX

Quote from: windlessusher on January 20, 2009, 10:43:54 AM
don't stereo type me with those other picky ppl

Just think about it,what if the sonic games...weren't sonic games?What if it was a different sprite?
on that note, I just have to say (it's probably written all over the forum. but some still don't know) that Sonic wasn't supposed to be a hedgehog. He was supposed to be a rabbit  =p Now, to my question..

Would Sonic games be the same if he was a rabbit?
This is a signature.

Super Empra

Quote from: Knux on February 11, 2009, 12:40:49 AM
on that note, I just have to say (it's probably written all over the forum. but some still don't know) that Sonic wasn't supposed to be a hedgehog. He was supposed to be a rabbit  =p Now, to my question..

Would Sonic games be the same if he was a rabbit?

Yes. He would still be the same and have the same personality.

KnuXXX

Quote from: Super Empra on February 11, 2009, 05:17:21 AM
Yes. He would still be the same and have the same personality.
How can u be so sure? I mean, if he was a rabbit, Sega wouldn't think "rabbits deserve a cool personality." cause they're more cute than cool..
This is a signature.

SonicFan47

Quote from: Knux on February 11, 2009, 10:19:48 AM
How can u be so sure? I mean, if he was a rabbit, Sega wouldn't think "rabbits deserve a cool personality." cause they're more cute than cool..
That's a good point...I don't know.
He might have had the same personality; He might not have.

I guess we'll never know.

On that note, wasn't Eggman originally supposed to be the good guy?
Sig attempt #7!

I am the Knight of Bright Blue Test Tube Sentient Beings! In your Face!
a-lad wuz here :P

KnuXXX

Quote from: SonicFan47 on February 11, 2009, 11:03:27 AM
That's a good point...I don't know.
He might have had the same personality; He might not have.

I guess we'll never know.

On that note, wasn't Eggman originally supposed to be the good guy?

Haven't heard anything about that. Might be.

Sometimes I wish eggman wasn't a human. Would make alot more sense. Why is he the only human on Mobius?

He could've been Coconuts instead. rofl
This is a signature.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Knux on February 11, 2009, 10:19:48 AM
cought,bugs,buster,babs&lolabunnycough >.> <.<
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

chet

i can imagine my great great great nephew playing sonic adventure 12.  :)
Your reading my sig
2. Now your saying/thinking thats a stupid fact.
4. You didnt notice that i skipped 3.
5. Your checking it now.
6. Your smiling.
7. Your still reading my signature.
8. You know all you have read is true.
10. You didnt notice that i skipped 9.
11. Your checking it now.
12. You didnt notice there are only 10 facts
O o
/¯/___________________________ _ __/
| ITS OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯ ¯¯

KnuXXX

Quote from: chet on February 14, 2009, 11:04:45 AM
i can imagine my great great great nephew playing sonic adventure 12.  :)
Rofl, 12.. That'd be too good for the consoles even in year 3000
This is a signature.

Elija2

Quote from: Knux on February 14, 2009, 03:41:46 PM
Rofl, 12.. That'd be too good for the consoles even in year 3000

That's why it would be on a Dreamcast 5! :P

KnuXXX

Quote from: Elija2 on February 14, 2009, 04:22:07 PM
That's why it would be on a Dreamcast 5! :P
Meh, well.. Sega kinda fails when it comes to consoles.. it's sad, I know. But it's true.. That's why I keep hoping that they'll work even more together with Nintendo.. that'd be awesome..

Segando FTW!
This is a signature.

SonicFan47

Quote from: Knux on February 14, 2009, 04:53:34 PM
Meh, well.. Sega kinda fails when it comes to consoles.. it's sad, I know. But it's true.. That's why I keep hoping that they'll work even more together with Nintendo.. that'd be awesome..

Segando FTW!
Nah, It'd be more like Nintega.

Quote from: windlessusher on February 11, 2009, 03:27:22 PM
cought,bugs,buster,babs&lolabunnycough >.> <.<
Buster?
As in Buster Baxter from the Arthur show?
Sig attempt #7!

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SonicFan47 on February 18, 2009, 01:11:10 PM
Buster?
As in Buster Baxter from the Arthur show?
Buster Rabbit from Tiny Toon Adventures  :P
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SonicFan47

Sig attempt #7!

Hakudamashi

Quote from: SonicFan47 on February 19, 2009, 06:36:45 PM
Oh, okay...
Never heard of him :P
D: UR KIDDING O_o

The Blue Rabbit thats always beside Babs
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

KnuXXX

Quote from: windlessusher on February 19, 2009, 07:26:14 PM
D: UR KIDDING O_o

The Blue Rabbit thats always beside Babs

Or the Rabbit in YouTube Poop.

Right?
Isn't he the same that's on the.. V6 chewing gum? (if it's a worldwide brand, lol)
This is a signature.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

SonicFan47

Quote from: windlessusher on February 20, 2009, 11:33:35 AM
This goddamn bunny right here >_>
<quoted video removed>
Oh, okay...
Yeah, I've seen him before. I just forgot his name. Thanks.

aaaaaaaaaand...
Quote from: Knux on February 19, 2009, 08:23:44 PM
Or the Rabbit in YouTube Poop.

Right?
Isn't he the same that's on the.. V6 chewing gum? (if it's a worldwide brand, lol)
I believe that the YTPoop one is Doctor Rabbit, and I think that he was used to advertise toothpaste.
Sig attempt #7!

KnuXXX

Quote from: SonicFan47 on February 20, 2009, 11:48:52 AM
Oh, okay...
Yeah, I've seen him before. I just forgot his name. Thanks.

aaaaaaaaaand...I believe that the YTPoop one is Doctor Rabbit, and I think that he was used to advertise toothpaste.

That's the one!
This is a signature.

ShadowsOfSilver

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Kristomaster on March 28, 2009, 09:08:08 PM
I mean that Sonic still gives us good times in the newest games, I just don't understand what the Critics are sobbing for and DOWNRATING the Sonic games. Seriously, why did they complain about the Werehog in Sonic Unleashed?
Because its not like the Genesis Sonic
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

ultimate life form

Quote from: KnuXXX on February 14, 2009, 04:53:34 PM

Segando FTW!

wait i think yor forgeting something. the grand father of the xbox360, dream cast. first to have some sort of online gameplay and the genesis was better at the time of snes and genesis

:P XD place signature here XD :P

Hakudamashi

Quote from: ultimate life form on April 24, 2009, 04:53:34 AM
wait i think yor forgeting something. the grand father of the xbox360, dream cast. first to have some sort of online gameplay and the genesis was better at the time of snes and genesis

I believe the Dreamcast lost to the PS2 cause it couldn't play DVDs
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Super Empra

Quote from: windlessusher on April 24, 2009, 12:47:56 PM
I believe the Dreamcast lost to the PS2 cause it couldn't play DVDs

It also lost because of PS1. The PS1 was very popular. When ppl heard that there was gonna be a second one. ppl forgot about the dreamcast. PS2 had really hyped up graphics. If PS1 didn't exist then maybe SEGA would still be making consoles today...

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Super Empra on April 24, 2009, 10:18:06 PM
It also lost because of PS1. The PS1 was very popular. When ppl heard that there was gonna be a second one. ppl forgot about the dreamcast. PS2 had really hyped up graphics. If PS1 didn't exist then maybe SEGA would still be making consoles today...
Sooooooo the PS2 would be the PS1?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Super Empra

Quote from: windlessusher on April 25, 2009, 08:58:05 AM
Sooooooo the PS2 would be the PS1?

If PS1 wasn't popular then PS2 never would have beaten the dreamcast.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Super Empra on April 25, 2009, 10:18:39 PM
If PS1 wasn't popular then PS2 never would have beaten the dreamcast.
So your saying if the PS2 was the PS1
The Dreamcast might still be here?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Super Empra

SonicFan47

Methinks that I've already posted one of these in this topic, but I'm gonna post 'em again (and then post them in the video section later, just to spread it around).

Behold! The History of the Dreamcast! From idea to outmode.

Part 1:

Part 2:

And, in case you wonder about the authenticity of these vids, this guy teaches Middle School History.
Sig attempt #7!

superhedgehog4

SonicLover25

>:( IF SONIC GOES,I'M DRAGGING MARIO WITH HIM! >:(