Nintendo Announces Super Mario Galaxy 2

Started by Skyle369, June 03, 2009, 03:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyle369

Nintendo's legendary designer Shigeru Miyamoto sat down with Kotaku to talk about Nintendo's biggest projects and shared some details on the newly announced Super Mario Galaxy.

"For the most part up until now on a single console we haven't made two games in a single franchise," Miyamoto said. "But when we first made Super Mario Galaxy for Wii it was the first time we really experimented with the spherical worlds. We had a lot of things we were interested in doing and a lot of creative freedom that we had in that world that we were interested [in doing]."

Miyamoto said that the original plan was to "essentially create new variations of the worlds in Super Mario Galaxy." But, over time, the developers have had so many ideas that Miyamoto estimates that 90% of the game's levels are all new. The rest, he said, are levels from the original Mario Galaxy with different objectives.

The controls haven't changed, but Mario's been given new abilities via the addition of Yoshi and a drill item. Miyamoto also told Kotaku that "there's something that might be kind of a little bit ghost like but still a little different."

As the project is not going to be released until next year, Mr. Miyamoto said he wanted to talk more about Super Mario Brothers for the Wii. We'll have more on that later.

HereAndThere

skyle...its been posted  :P but theres that description so this aint the same

ChaosDazer

Wow, that's Epic.

Lurved Number 1, 2 looks extra-awesome.

I can already give it.....

witty sig caption

Super Empra

wow, i am definaitly getting this game!

If you're reading this, your a NOOB!!!

Zonic10

Hakudamashi

ugh,I hated the first one
Don't think I'll get it
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Tanassy

smash_legend

this game is starting to look really good :D
better than the first 1
Leon says Sora is the keyblade master?
he obviously hasn't met me yet

by reading this you are wasting 10 whole seconds of your life, hope your happy

if people said that breathing was uncool, 96% of teens would die
put this in your sig if you'd be one of the 4% laughing your head off

Tanassy

agreed, man. agreed.

i cant help but think some of the new galaxies were based on super mario sunshines fludless levels.
(good thing XD)

Elija2

I just hope it's not too much the same as the first one (and more difficult). The very least they could do is make up some new orchestrated songs instead of just remix the old ones.

Tanassy

Quote from: Elija2 on February 27, 2010, 07:04:56 AM
I just hope it's not too much the same as the first one (and more difficult). The very least they could do is make up some new orchestrated songs instead of just remix the old ones.
to be honest i think the old ones would continue to suit this game quite well..

Sonicispimpyoz

I'll look forward to this. Defiantly getting it.

Tanassy