Uhhh... So anyone read any good books lately?

Started by annoyinglad, April 01, 2009, 01:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

Quote from: Anonymous56 on July 06, 2009, 10:02:46 AM
I've just read a really good series of books, there is about 20books in the series and making more,  but it take a them a while to make new books of those and I've already read them all.  So now I have to find new books that are good

Uhhh... So anyone bump any old topics lately?

SonicFan47

Quote from: Elija2 on July 06, 2009, 10:03:32 AM
Uhhh... So anyone bump any old topics lately?
Actually, yes.
Why do you ask?
Sig attempt #7!

I am the Knight of Bright Blue Test Tube Sentient Beings! In your Face!
a-lad wuz here :P

qwerty

i read an anime called time gardian. it was a reallly good book

ChaosDazer

witty sig caption

hobo1323

this book:

Does it count? :P
and yes, i just took that.
You know, life is like a merry go-round. You never seem to get anywhere.

skyrus5150

huckleberry finn...............awsome book.

We
Eeeeeddddd d d dd

SheepNoodles

Quote from: annoyinglad on April 01, 2009, 01:21:09 PM
I was just reading Les Miserables. It's a pretty good book. It's about a guy named Jean Valjean who steals a loaf of bread and is sent to jail. He is kept there for a long time because he attempts to escape a few times. Once he is finally released he goes to a town and steals from a bishop. Then he gets caught again and is brought back to the bishop's house. The bishop claims he GAVE the silverware and candle posts (this is around the French Revolution, that stuff was very valuable) to Jean Valjean, so he wasn't stealing. Once the men leave, the bishop tells Jean Valjean to take the silver as a signing of a contract that he will use the money to become a good, honest man. Then there's a whole lot of things to do with this effort towards doing so. A LOT happens and it gets REALLY interesting.

Right now I'm reading The Last Lecture. It's mostly a biography about Randy Pausch, but he talks about his childhood dreams and how you can complete yours and a lot of life lessons he's learned. It's really cool.

So what is everyone else reading (if anything)?
old greg!

Post Merge: July 15, 2009, 04:33:27 PM

Quote from: annoyinglad on April 01, 2009, 01:21:09 PM
I was just reading Les Miserables. It's a pretty good book. It's about a guy named Jean Valjean who steals a loaf of bread and is sent to jail. He is kept there for a long time because he attempts to escape a few times. Once he is finally released he goes to a town and steals from a bishop. Then he gets caught again and is brought back to the bishop's house. The bishop claims he GAVE the silverware and candle posts (this is around the French Revolution, that stuff was very valuable) to Jean Valjean, so he wasn't stealing. Once the men leave, the bishop tells Jean Valjean to take the silver as a signing of a contract that he will use the money to become a good, honest man. Then there's a whole lot of things to do with this effort towards doing so. A LOT happens and it gets REALLY interesting.

Right now I'm reading The Last Lecture. It's mostly a biography about Randy Pausch, but he talks about his childhood dreams and how you can complete yours and a lot of life lessons he's learned. It's really cool.

So what is everyone else reading (if anything)?
the bird pooped

Dracoslythe

LIEK OMFG TWILIGHT~
Kidding.  Twilight sucked.  >:C

The best book I read lately is called Dancing in Red Shoes Will Kill You.  Can't remember the author.

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Dracoslythe

jkid101094

Quote from: Dracoslythe on July 15, 2009, 04:18:53 PM
?  Whut?

I hated that book with everything in me.......

My point: Our opinons are so alike it's scary.......

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Dracoslythe

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 15, 2009, 04:21:43 PM
I hated that book with everything in me.......

My point: Our opinons are so alike it's scary.......
lol it was too fucking cliché.
That and it wasn't even well thought out/written.

And too many fangirls

jkid101094

Quote from: Dracoslythe on July 15, 2009, 04:25:43 PM
lol it was too fucking cliché.
That and it wasn't even well thought out/written.

And too many fangirls

It sucked...big time....

And yes GOD HELP US the twighlight fan girls are taking over my school.....

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Dracoslythe

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 15, 2009, 04:29:30 PM
It sucked...big time....

And yes GOD HELP US the twighlight fan girls are taking over my school.....
OH GOD YES.
It's all I ever hear about.  I just wanna choke each and every one of them and watch them writhe in pain.