Uhhh... So anyone read any good books lately?

Started by annoyinglad, April 01, 2009, 01:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

annoyinglad

I was just reading Les Miserables. It's a pretty good book. It's about a guy named Jean Valjean who steals a loaf of bread and is sent to jail. He is kept there for a long time because he attempts to escape a few times. Once he is finally released he goes to a town and steals from a bishop. Then he gets caught again and is brought back to the bishop's house. The bishop claims he GAVE the silverware and candle posts (this is around the French Revolution, that stuff was very valuable) to Jean Valjean, so he wasn't stealing. Once the men leave, the bishop tells Jean Valjean to take the silver as a signing of a contract that he will use the money to become a good, honest man. Then there's a whole lot of things to do with this effort towards doing so. A LOT happens and it gets REALLY interesting.

Right now I'm reading The Last Lecture. It's mostly a biography about Randy Pausch, but he talks about his childhood dreams and how you can complete yours and a lot of life lessons he's learned. It's really cool.

So what is everyone else reading (if anything)?

PileOPapers

JetTheHawk

I read the Series Of Unfortunate events. i love the entire series.
NO SIGNATURE

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Kristomaster

Quote from: windlessusher on April 05, 2009, 02:25:06 PM
aaawww f*ck books
they hurt my eyes @_@

I like books with lots of PICTURES!  ::)
Hate school-books, they make me blind!
What would SEGA be without Sonic? I don't know XP
Anyways, SONIC RULES!

I'm back...

JetTheHawk

Quote from: Kristomaster on April 09, 2009, 05:22:27 AM
I like books with lots of PICTURES!  ::)
Hate school-books, they make me blind!
I prefer books with less pictures though
NO SIGNATURE

Kristomaster

Quote from: jet on April 09, 2009, 05:27:47 AM
I prefer books with less pictures though
It was a bit of joke and a bit of fact, I read text-only books too but I read mostly comics :D
Anyways, SONIC RULES!

I'm back...

NeoMetalSonic

I've recently read the book "I Am A Taxi" (the book is WAY better then the title)
It revolves around a little boy named Diego. Who lives in jail with him mother. He has to live in a jail because his dad is also in jail. He is technically a "taxi" he runs arrands for people in the jail and gets paid. Then he wants to make more money and goes off with these big men to make money with Cocaine.

Kristomaster

Quote from: jonXjon on April 09, 2009, 11:53:17 AM
I've recently read the book "I Am A Taxi" (the book is WAY better then the title)
It revolves around a little boy named Diego. Who lives in jail with him mother. He has to live in a jail because his dad is also in jail. He is technically a "taxi" he runs arrands for people in the jail and gets paid. Then he wants to make more money and goes off with these big men to make money with Cocaine.

I Am A Taxi? That must be one of the weird titles I have heard of, I got a little smile of that. According to your book desc., the title doesn't suit the story very well (my opinion)
Anyways, SONIC RULES!

I'm back...

ShadowsOfSilver

Warrior Cats series. :3

If you like cats, you should check it out. ;)

It's amazing.

The Meph's back in da hawz

Kristomaster

Quote from: ShadowsOfSilver on April 09, 2009, 11:55:43 AM
Warrior Cats series. :3

If you like cats, you should check it out. ;)

It's amazing.

Talking about cats, what about Pussy in Boots? You know, the Childbook thing from the 90's? I just came over it while i saw your post...
Anyways, SONIC RULES!

I'm back...

SonicFan47

Illusions. Read it in school. I liked it, very thought provoking, but it was kinda short and confusing....
I'm currently reading Darwin Awards 3.
Sig attempt #7!

I am the Knight of Bright Blue Test Tube Sentient Beings! In your Face!
a-lad wuz here :P

Kristomaster

Quote from: SonicFan47 on April 09, 2009, 08:14:16 PM
Illusions. Read it in school. I liked it, very thought provoking, but it was kinda short and confusing....
I'm currently reading Darwin Awards 3.
I hate when we have book-reading-weeks on school. We have to write a report and a desc. of the book. The last book I REALLY liked was Harry Potthead and the Deadly Hallows or something...
Anyways, SONIC RULES!

I'm back...

JetTheHawk

Quote from: jonXjon on April 09, 2009, 11:53:17 AM
Wow that sounds like a good book and ya the book sounds way better than the title. Do you know what section it might be in the Library so i can check out the book if they have it?
NO SIGNATURE

Kristomaster

Quote from: annoyinglad on April 01, 2009, 01:21:09 PM
I was just reading Les Miserables. It's a pretty good book. It's about a guy named Jean Valjean who steals a loaf of bread and is sent to jail. He is kept there for a long time because he attempts to escape a few times. Once he is finally released he goes to a town and steals from a bishop. Then he gets caught again and is brought back to the bishop's house. The bishop claims he GAVE the silverware and candle posts (this is around the French Revolution, that stuff was very valuable) to Jean Valjean, so he wasn't stealing. Once the men leave, the bishop tells Jean Valjean to take the silver as a signing of a contract that he will use the money to become a good, honest man. Then there's a whole lot of things to do with this effort towards doing so. A LOT happens and it gets REALLY interesting.

Right now I'm reading The Last Lecture. It's mostly a biography about Randy Pausch, but he talks about his childhood dreams and how you can complete yours and a lot of life lessons he's learned. It's really cool.

So what is everyone else reading (if anything)?
It sounds like one of the stories I wrote on school lol.

Jet, I don't know, but do you're library have a crime section? Probably there  ::)
Anyways, SONIC RULES!

I'm back...