EVERYONE SEE THIS

Started by JetTheHawk, March 31, 2009, 12:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetTheHawk

this is kinda related to draco's topic but aviod the Conficker Virus people!! And if you say "how do i do that" then here is how you do it!!

Turn off your computer and turn of the internet before 12:01 of today. REMEBER look at the date i made this topic. 

If you can get all the updates you need and manage your virus blocker.  Everyone needs to see this if you dont know what im talking about. 

EDIT: here are some steps on being safe =D
WARN ALL YOUR FRIENDS!

Sources for proof:

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/132464

http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2008/s2531345.htm

WARNING ABOUT THE CONFICKER VIRUS!!

TIPS ON HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF!!

1) DOWNLOAD THE SYMANTAC CONFIKER REMOVAL PROGRAM!!!

RUN THE PROGRAM AND CHECK TO SEE IF YOU HAVE THE VIRUS. IF YOU DO NOT THEN DO ALL OF MY FOLLOWING TIPS!!

2) SAVEING YOUR FILES.

You probably have important files that you would not like to lose so please do the following.

MOST IMPORTENT:

PUT ALL YOUR FILES IN ONE FOLDER AS I HAVE DONE SINCE I GOT MY COMPUTER

A) REMOVE ANY UNNESSESARY FILES!!

if you have junk on your computer REMOVE IT it will not be needed.

B) Take all extreamly important files and save them as .RAR files

if you dont have: http://www.rarsoft.com/download.htm

save them and put in your folder!!

now PUT ALL YOUR FILES IN A FLASH DRIVE OR RECORDABLE DISK!

3) CREATE A WINDOWS REBOOT DISK!!

TO CREATE A WINDOWS REBOOT DISK, STAR TUP YOUR COMPUTER AND WHEN IT SAYS "PRESS F11 TO START RECOVERY" PRESS F11!!!

THEN FOLLOW THE STEPS FROM THERE

4) DO NOT USE THE INTERNET FROM APRIL 1st to APRIL 7th

the virus will most likely strike the 1st week

I HAVE TOLD YOU THE MOST VITAL THINGS YOU CAN DO TO SAVE YOUR COMPUTER.

NO SIGNATURE

silvershadow20

if what you said is true then i can't see all of you nice people for one whole week, i don't think i could make it.

and it is too late to warn my other friends.

JetTheHawk

OK everyone see this too. My dad just said to act normal because he said when you get all this virus blocker and stuff and when you about and you open the files to save everything and he said thats when they get you. SO WHAT DO I DO?help please its the difference between life and death
NO SIGNATURE

Elija2

My computer is updating itself and I've been running scans, so I'm pretty positive I don't have the virus.
I really hope none of you guys get infected by this.

JetTheHawk

Quote from: Elija2 on March 31, 2009, 01:59:41 PM
My computer is updating itself and I've been running scans, so I'm pretty positive I don't have the virus.
I really hope none of you guys get infected by this.
Elija what do you think i should do *points at the post ablove him*
NO SIGNATURE

Hakudamashi

Who's doing this and why?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

JetTheHawk

Quote from: windlessusher on March 31, 2009, 02:27:18 PM
Who's doing this and why?
Well wind you just saw my post on the chatbox so i dont think i need to explain XD
NO SIGNATURE

Elija2

Quote from: jet on March 31, 2009, 01:46:18 PM
OK everyone see this too. My dad just said to act normal because he said when you get all this virus blocker and stuff and when you about and you open the files to save everything and he said thats when they get you. SO WHAT DO I DO?help please its the difference between life and death

There are some fake stuff out there that say they remove the Conficker virus but they actually give you a trojan. I recommend you don't go looking around for stuff like that and only go to sites and download things that you trust. Also, make sure that your computer is updated. If your computer hasn't updated recently, you may have the virus.

Go here to get your computer scanned: http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm

KevChaos86

Thanks for the links guys... My comp is fairly new, and I'd like to keep it running for years to come if at all possible.  :)
- Kev

Super Empra

What does this virus do exactly? As long as it doesn't do anything to my HDD, I will be OK.

If you're reading this, your a NOOB!!!

JetTheHawk

Quote from: Super Empra on April 04, 2009, 05:01:55 AM
What does this virus do exactly? As long as it doesn't do anything to my HDD, I will be OK.
Well they said its supposed to spam up the computer and litteraly destroy the computer but its a fake because if it wasnt a fake i wouldnt have been typing on april fools day.
NO SIGNATURE

Super Empra

Quote from: jet on April 04, 2009, 06:24:22 AM
Well they said its supposed to spam up the computer and litteraly destroy the computer but its a fake because if it wasnt a fake i wouldnt have been typing on april fools day.

A simple reinstall of Windows should fix it. I have already backed up all my files.

ShadowsOfSilver

INCORRECT. It is real. and Super Empra, It does a LOT of things you'd never think of.

The Meph's back in da hawz

Super Empra

Quote from: ShadowsOfSilver on April 04, 2009, 08:12:05 AM
INCORRECT. It is real. and Super Empra, It does a LOT of things you'd never think of.

And those things are...

JetTheHawk

Quote from: ShadowsOfSilver on April 04, 2009, 08:12:05 AM
well ok its real but i have all my virus blocker and updates so Screw you Malware inventors D<
NO SIGNATURE