Sonic Zone 10th Anniversary

Started by jkid101094, November 20, 2017, 03:44:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

Did you expect John to make this topic? Well too bad, because I beat him to it!

But no, seriously.

~Happy 10th, Sonic Zone!~

According to the lil' ticker at the front of the page this site has been around for 10 years now and to me that's pretty insane. As someone who's spent over a full year of their life here I couldn't be happy to see it hit this milestone. I'm not to good with impromptu speeches so let's take this day to remember all those who made this site so great and think about what it could become in the not too distant future!

A little over 8 years ago I came here looking for that elusive free copy of Sonic Adventure DX. I had initially considered leaving the moment I got VIP status but just spamming posts felt weird and disrespectful so I made a silly attempt to try and start a conversation...and in the process accidentally began a pseudo-religion dedicated to titsmcgee...whoops.

But it was after that that I decided to stay and ended up making some of the best friends I've ever had and to be honest despite how some people view this site and the forum these days I wouldn't trade a minute of it. Sonic Zone was always a place where I felt I could be myself without restraint. It was a place I could come when I felt down and needed some cheering up. It was basically my home away from home and in retrospect I could not be prouder to say I was such a big part of this community in it's heyday. I owe a lot to John and the rest of you for basically pulling me out of my first major rut of depression and for that I can honestly say nothing other than thank you. I love this site and all of you who have ever been a part of it with all my heart and even though I can't quite be here all the time anymore I hope to see the next generation of us take hold and lead the site to 10 more great years.

So to those of us, new and old. Everyone from those of you who have been here since the start to those who just signed up. To the VIP spammers and even the bots that have provided me hours of entertainment. I would like to once again say thank you. Thank you to all of Sonic Zone.

I love you guys.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

You guys are now same age as the best Pokegirl so congratulamatations
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

I didn't think I'd be able to register again with my old username.

I'm kinda surprised that this site is still up since the forums have been pretty inactive for years. I'm glad the site has stuck around though. I still have fond memories of the people and time I spent here and its nice to see much of that history still preserved here even though a bunch of it is embarrassing and awful (I can't believe I used to like Sonic Heroes). I don't like seeing stuff disappear from the internet forever, even though it's inevitable.

I think this was the last real tight-knit online community that I was a part of—all the personal stuff we shared with each other is a testament to how close we were. It's kinda sad to think about how much we've drifted apart over the years. I still consider most of you my friends, so even though I don't post here anymore you guys can hit me up anytime you wanna chat about anything.

Maybe I'll download SADX again for old times' sake.

NiGHTSfan

Quote from: Elija2 on November 20, 2017, 09:59:38 AM
I didn't think I'd be able to register again with my old username.

I'm kinda surprised that this site is still up since the forums have been pretty inactive for years. I'm glad the site has stuck around though. I still have fond memories of the people and time I spent here and its nice to see much of that history still preserved here even though a bunch of it is embarrassing and awful (I can't believe I used to like Sonic Heroes). I don't like seeing stuff disappear from the internet forever, even though it's inevitable.

I think this was the last real tight-knit online community that I was a part of—all the personal stuff we shared with each other is a testament to how close we were. It's kinda sad to think about how much we've drifted apart over the years. I still consider most of you my friends, so even though I don't post here anymore you guys can hit me up anytime you wanna chat about anything.

Maybe I'll download SADX again for old times' sake.

dude i thought u deleted ur self cause i saw u quit and leave the site

Gilly

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 20, 2017, 03:44:28 AM
Did you expect John to make this topic? Well too bad, because I beat him to it!

But no, seriously.

~Happy 10th, Sonic Zone!~

According to the lil' ticker at the front of the page this site has been around for 10 years now and to me that's pretty insane. As someone who's spent over a full year of their life here I couldn't be happy to see it hit this milestone. I'm not to good with impromptu speeches so let's take this day to remember all those who made this site so great and think about what it could become in the not too distant future!

A little over 8 years ago I came here looking for that elusive free copy of Sonic Adventure DX. I had initially considered leaving the moment I got VIP status but just spamming posts felt weird and disrespectful so I made a silly attempt to try and start a conversation...and in the process accidentally began a pseudo-religion dedicated to titsmcgee...whoops.

But it was after that that I decided to stay and ended up making some of the best friends I've ever had and to be honest despite how some people view this site and the forum these days I wouldn't trade a minute of it. Sonic Zone was always a place where I felt I could be myself without restraint. It was a place I could come when I felt down and needed some cheering up. It was basically my home away from home and in retrospect I could not be prouder to say I was such a big part of this community in it's heyday. I owe a lot to John and the rest of you for basically pulling me out of my first major rut of depression and for that I can honestly say nothing other than thank you. I love this site and all of you who have ever been a part of it with all my heart and even though I can't quite be here all the time anymore I hope to see the next generation of us take hold and lead the site to 10 more great years.

So to those of us, new and old. Everyone from those of you who have been here since the start to those who just signed up. To the VIP spammers and even the bots that have provided me hours of entertainment. I would like to once again say thank you. Thank you to all of Sonic Zone.

I love you guys.

Although I didn't make a forum topic, if you didn't see the page I dedicated to the 10 year anniversary you can check it out! www.soniczone.net/10years

Thank you so much for all the kind things you said about this place, and I am so happy to see some of you still stopping by, even with the activity decline over recent years. It's pretty insane for me as the creator to see this place turn 10 years old, and some of you I've known since almost the very beginning. I appreciate those of you who still come around and always love seeing you in the chat. I've been working on rebuilding the site layout from scratch for an official version 17 to try and liven up the place as the current layout has been around since 2012 (wow). Anyway, I appreciate your continued support! :)

SmashFinale

Quote from: Hakudamashi on November 20, 2017, 03:56:24 AM
You guys are now same age as the best Pokegirl so congratulamatations

And Rosalina
And in fact...
Games from ten years ago:
Sonic Rush Adventure
Sonic Rivals
Resistance: Fall of Man
Mass Effect
Bioshock
Super Mario Galaxy
Halo 3
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Super Paper Mario
The Witcher

Sonic Zone has lived ten years, just like these games. Congrats.

NiGHTSfan

Quote from: SmashFinale on November 22, 2017, 07:54:39 AM
And Rosalina
And in fact...
Games from ten years ago:
Sonic Rush Adventure
Sonic Rivals
Resistance: Fall of Man
Mass Effect
Bioshock
Super Mario Galaxy
Halo 3
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Super Paper Mario
The Witcher

Sonic Zone has lived ten years, just like these games. Congrats.

im guessing u like rosalina alot also i remember playing alot of these games 10 years ago like the first mario galaxy and super paper mario was another fun game i played too even though it didnt have the rpg stuff i loved about the first one and i also loved both sonic rush adventure and rivals.

DarkSuper

SmashFinale

Quote from: NiGHTSfan on November 23, 2017, 03:51:49 PM
im guessing u like rosalina alot
Rosalina? She's my second main in Smash but that's pretty much it.
Why point that out?

Also i forgot to mentionthe original Crysis.

Mikey the echidna

It's nice to have back again. Yo, try n' get the site known more, we might start an entirely new community again <3

MasterLoopyTheDog