Edge The Character

Started by rehmat9, May 02, 2016, 11:04:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What was ur first reaction when you saw Shadow holding a gun?

WHAT! 0_0
1 (20%)
Cool... me like
3 (60%)
lul wut
1 (20%)
SEGA, Im done with you *slams door*
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

rehmat9

We all know Shadow as Edge the character nowadays so just wondering how did people react to this. :)

Ioshyriku

Well, I was a silly kid back then, so I thought it was really cool, especially since I really liked associating myself with lone edgy "badasses" like him back in the day, not to mention I was a big fan of him back when Sonic X aired here.
Now I can't even look at the cover with a straight face... but for some reason I still like the idea of Sonic with a sword ever since Sonic and The Black Knight was released.

Also, I don't think this is the proper section for this thread. A better location would be here: http://www.soniczone.net/forum/index.php?board=197.0

SmashFinale

If Clover Studios had made that game.....
Would have been some sight.

Ioshyriku

Damn it, now I want to see how a Sonic game made by Platinum would be like.

NiGHTSfan

i liked shadow the hedgehog but if platinum games remasters it that would be great the game isnt that bad it has a decent story but why does everyone hate it so much is it cause of the multiple endings or some shit like that

SmashFinale

You know something...
It kinda is weird to hate on the edgy-ness of this game when a certain OTHER child-friendly turned edgy platformer did the same exact thing earlier... It was a trendy thing at the time so seeing Sega do it is not too surprising from hindsight.

Ioshyriku

Are you refering to Jak and Daxter? Well Shadow was a pretty edgy character since he has made his debut and the Jak and Daxter series is way more fun

SmashFinale

Quote from: Ioshyriku on May 05, 2016, 05:15:28 AM
Are you refering to Jak and Daxter? Well Shadow was a pretty edgy character since he has made his debut and the Jak and Daxter series is way more fun
Exactly though. Shadow was edgy already. Yet Jak and Daxter... weren't. They just followed the age of the fanbase at the time and made both characters more edgy. Sonic Team just ended up making a flawed game in the end though.

rehmat9

Quote from: Ioshyriku on May 02, 2016, 11:26:02 AM
Also, I don't think this is the proper section for this thread. A better location would be here: http://www.soniczone.net/forum/index.php?board=197.0
Yeah... I'm new to this site (and don't do forums much) so i have trouble navigating.(i know, me = noob)