Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation

Started by Ioshyriku, December 28, 2015, 05:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ioshyriku

An anime adaptation of PSO2 has been announced to air in 2016 and it will feature an original story featuring... high... school... students, *sigh* damn it Sega!

THIS IS NOT WHAT I ASKED FOR WHEN I SAID I WANTED A PHANTASY STAR ANIME!
It does have a nice artwork and seems to be pretty funny so I might give it a chance when it comes out, and maybe this will help bring the game to the west.
What do you guys think?

Ioshyriku

I know the feeling, since 2012 Sega confirmed that it will come to the West, heck, it even has an official English website and still nothing happened, Japan is already at Episode 4, so I wonder if it will ever come out here.
Maybe when the whole story is done we'll get a version containing all the episodes, like Blue Burst did.

There is an English patch and two or three servers where there are English speaking players, but getting things together is pretty troublesome, I could not even manage to sign up properly.

NiGHTSfan

wow im shocked that theyre finally making another anime season of phantasy star online i heard its good but is it really that great

Ioshyriku

We'll have to wait 'till next year to find out.

And I don't think there is another anime, the closest we got to that was with Phantasy Star Universe and it's episodic format... fun game but annoyingly long dungeons.

NiGHTSfan

Quote from: Ioshyriku on December 30, 2015, 01:29:46 AM
We'll have to wait 'till next year to find out.

And I don't think there is another anime, the closest we got to that was with Phantasy Star Universe and it's episodic format... fun game but annoyingly long dungeons.

when i saw the episodes that were shown on cartoon network on toonami the episodes said they were made in 2014

Ioshyriku

Saw the first episode.
- It's not even happening in the game's universe, the game itself is a game in the anime as well. I'm kinda disappointed of that, since the game's story (from what I've read) is pretty good;
- The cast is pretty likable, although the main character got the hang of the game pretty fast, even taking on a hard mission the first thing he did after he logged in - something that kinda worries me, as with the case with another MMO anime MC we keep hearing about (I haven't watched that show though);
-PSO2 is like a religion in this show, as if it's the most important thing at the academy. I don't think there is someone in the show who doesn't know about the game (except for the MC), heck the first thing we see is two kindergardeners playing it on their VITAs... I think Sega is planning something;
- The artstyle is pretty nice, the music is good (But there is nothing with Phantasy Star in the title to have bad music), nice voice cast (I wonder if it will get a dub in the future).
-The ending almost gave me diabetes.
'twas a fun first episodes, let's hope it stays this way and not soil the title of the series.

Also, this popped up as that thing that comes before the commercial break.

Coughbullshitcought

Ioshyriku

Not really like Yu-Gi-Oh, if I remember correctly the cards had real power, here the game is just that, a game... that everyone is obsessed about.

Ioshyriku

To get more people interested in the game.
But who knows, this was just the first episode.

NiGHTSfan

Quote from: Elija2 on January 09, 2016, 12:55:36 PM
They could get more people interested in the game by fucking releasing it overseas.

yes the japanese devs are fucking stupid as shit they dont realize that they make a shit ton more sales on their games over seas theyre too fucking lazy to make it english and shit like that

Ioshyriku

Quote from: batman on January 10, 2016, 04:57:25 AM
yes the japanese devs are fucking stupid as shit they dont realize that they make a shit ton more sales on their games over seas theyre too fucking lazy to make it english and shit like that
The game is free to play, and although there are in-game purchases that would not give them enough money to regain the ones lost due to localisation. And it's not only importing and translating the text, since the story mode is voice acted they would also need to hire voice-actors to dub it and so on.

NiGHTSfan

Quote from: Ioshyriku on January 12, 2016, 01:08:08 PM
The game is free to play, and although there are in-game purchases that would not give them enough money to regain the ones lost due to localisation. And it's not only importing and translating the text, since the story mode is voice acted they would also need to hire voice-actors to dub it and so on.

well what im wondering why america doesnt have the new yugioh anime series cause its only in canada i know its english dub but why dont we get it and only canada and europe

Ioshyriku

Quote from: Ioshyriku on January 09, 2016, 11:36:03 AM
Not really like Yu-Gi-Oh, if I remember correctly the cards had real power, here the game is just that, a game... that everyone is obsessed about.
I was wrong, so very wrong, from episode 2 or 3 a character I suspected was from the game actually was, I know that thanks to episode 4. Apparently she came to our world to destroy the darkers that seem to be attacking people in the real world... and she has a strange obsession for the MC because... of course she does, but at least it's not a romantic one.
She seems to check his skills as an ARKs member.

Ioshyriku

- Episode 6 starts with the main character not being allowed to play the game because he was having so much fun that his grades went down.
- Only a small portion of the entire show was about the game... which I'm glad, the characters are fun.
- I was right about darkers coming out of the game... well at least for the PSVITA version... I'm so glad I'm playing the PC version or else I would've been dead by now.
- Hot springs episode and no fan service.

NiGHTSfan

Quote from: Ioshyriku on February 20, 2016, 09:35:49 AM
- Episode 6 starts with the main character not being allowed to play the game because he was having so much fun that his grades went down.
- Only a small portion of the entire show was about the game... which I'm glad, the characters are fun.
- I was right about darkers coming out of the game... well at least for the PSVITA version... I'm so glad I'm playing the PC version or else I would've been dead by now.
- Hot springs episode and no fan service.

what do u mean no fan service in the hot springs episode

Ioshyriku

Quote from: batman on February 21, 2016, 07:39:00 AM
what do u mean no fan service in the hot springs episode
Usually when anime have this sort of episodes it usually showcases a character in a sexy way, and I'm glad that this show didn't go there.
I mean yeah there is a scene where the blonde numan/newman girl flies naked out of water, but it's very fast.
Quote from: Elija2 on February 21, 2016, 09:28:27 AM
The main characters went to a hot springs but the staff there didn't give them any fans to cool themselves off with.
That was a good one, thanks for making me laugh.