Sony is adding PlayStation 2 backwards compatibility to the PS4

Started by Ioshyriku, November 21, 2015, 01:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ioshyriku

The Universe became nicer, PS2 games will be playable on PS4.
http://www.wired.com/2015/11/playstation-2-emulation-coming-to-ps4-sony-confirms/

Sorry Zelda, but it's decided, if I'd buy a new console it will be a PS4.
Now, if only, like Alpha said, it would be getting PS1 compatibility too, that would be freaking amazing.

Elija2

Well even the PS3 had PS2 emulation (and I'm not talking about the early PS3 models) so this isn't that surprising.

It's kinda sad that no console will ever support PS3 backwards compatibility due to how much of a pain in the ass the hardware is.

NiGHTSfan

Quote from: Elija2 on November 21, 2015, 07:45:39 AM
Well even the PS3 had PS2 emulation (and I'm not talking about the early PS3 models) so this isn't that surprising.

It's kinda sad that no console will ever support PS3 backwards compatibility due to how much of a pain in the ass the hardware is.

this is why xbox has better backwards compatibility i just wish that sony could just put only the ps3 disc reading software inside the ps4 software update that wouldnt be though at all its just putting the disc reading drive inside it thats it

Elija2

Quote from: batman on November 23, 2015, 01:46:22 PM
this is why xbox has better backwards compatibility i just wish that sony could just put only the ps3 disc reading software inside the ps4 software update that wouldnt be though at all its just putting the disc reading drive inside it thats it

What the hell do you mean by "PS3 disc reading software"? The PS4 can already detect PS3 discs.