Is Sonic Zone a dead site?

Started by NiGHTSfan, November 01, 2015, 06:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NiGHTSfan

hey guys ive been on here fora few months but ive started to notice that most of the "new" so called members joined and then leave cause they just want to download the games and then thats all that comes on this site and i think the site is starting to die out cause theres only a few of u guys who are actually active

Gilly

Quote from: batman on November 01, 2015, 06:36:06 AM
hey guys ive been on here fora few months but ive started to notice that most of the "new" so called members joined and then leave cause they just want to download the games and then thats all that comes on this site and i think the site is starting to die out cause theres only a few of u guys who are actually active

The forum has certainly seen better days. However, we still have a fairly active chat. Though we've lost a lot of the active members that used to be here, I wouldn't consider it to be "dead". Sonic is obviously not as big of a thing people search for anymore and I think that has to do with it partially.

plwc96

I do admit I've made my account because of the games, but I've been looking around the site, and there's so many interesting posts to comment on! I'm thinking on staying around if there's activity on the forum  ;D

Elija2

Quote from: plwc96 on November 01, 2015, 09:04:37 AM
I'm thinking on staying around if there's activity on the forum  ;D

So I take it you won't be staying then.

NiGHTSfan

Quote from: Elija2 on November 01, 2015, 03:29:34 PM

i joined cause i like to talk to people

plwc96

Quote from: Elija2 on November 01, 2015, 03:29:34 PM
Well, second day around here, I guess that's some start.

Otherwise, I may visit the forums everyday just to prove you wrong!  ;D

Gilly

Quote from: plwc96 on November 01, 2015, 09:04:37 AM
I do admit I've made my account because of the games, but I've been looking around the site, and there's so many interesting posts to comment on! I'm thinking on staying around if there's activity on the forum  ;D

Well whatever you decide to do is fine. But we could really use some people to liven up the forum again. Appreciate your honesty and we hope to see you stick around.

NiGHTSfan

Quote from: Jonathon on November 02, 2015, 07:18:32 AM
Well whatever you decide to do is fine. But we could really use some people to liven up the forum again. Appreciate your honesty and we hope to see you stick around.

i come on alot cause this place makes it worth while

sonikirby

im new here, i should be pretty active, and most people probably just went to the sega forum

NiGHTSfan

Quote from: sonikirby on November 23, 2015, 05:12:49 PM
im new here, i should be pretty active, and most people probably just went to the sega forum

we wont be seeing u again

Ioshyriku

Quote from: batman on November 24, 2015, 02:16:51 AM
we wont be seeing u again
Stop doing that, you can't know for sure if a member will stay or not.
No offence, but this makes you look like a jerk.
Try to be polite with the new members so that they will want to stay.

NiGHTSfan

Quote from: Ioshyriku on November 24, 2015, 02:24:34 AM
Stop doing that, you can't know for sure if a member will stay or not.
No offence, but this makes you look like a jerk.
Try to be polite with the new members so that they will want to stay.

well sorry for being one i know people sign up for this site they mostly come for the games thats it ive seen lots of them sign up and once they hit the number they dont post anymore cause theyre just downloading the games thats it

Ioshyriku

Quote from: batman on November 24, 2015, 04:48:54 AM
well sorry for being one i know people sign up for this site they mostly come for the games that's it I've seen lots of them sign up and once they hit the number they don't post anymore cause they're just downloading the games that's it
I never said you were one, and I know how you feel about that, it's really sad when people leave after reaching the post quota, but the thing is many of us, including me, also came here for the games, but because the community was, and still is, pretty darn awesome we decided to stay.
I am only suggesting that, in case a new member, even though he/she seems to make posts for downloads in the beginning, you should let them see how nice the place is and maybe they will decide to stay and be great members.

AngryNerds100

I actually came here because I wanted to find a Sonic community. I'm kind've glad this is so small though. I think it's nicer that way. Like when I said I disliked Sonic 2 in my review for the game on this site, nobody really went on the bandwagon to bash me about it, or to start a massive flame war saying that the game is perfect.

NiGHTSfan

Quote from: AngryNerds100 on November 24, 2015, 10:51:05 AM
I actually came here because I wanted to find a Sonic community. I'm kind've glad this is so small though. I think it's nicer that way. Like when I said I disliked Sonic 2 in my review for the game on this site, nobody really went on the bandwagon to bash me about it, or to start a massive flame war saying that the game is perfect.

thanks for staying on the site dude it just pisses me off to see noobs just sign up for the site and then download the games when they get to the post requirements and this site does have lots of great topics