Resident Evil: Umbrella Corps

Started by Elija2, September 15, 2015, 07:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

Announcement Blog

Umbrella Corps will feature intense and quick team-based matches spanning a variety of unique online modes. One such mode is the One Life Match mode. Players must take out the opposing team with one crucial catch: there's no respawning. Every player gets one life per round and must not only face the other team, but also contend with other classic RE enemies that prowl the map.

Players will be equipped with an array of gun and grenade weaponry, as well as some less traditional gear: the "Brainer" (a powerful melee axe which goes straight into the skull), the Tactical Shield (an arm-mounted guard allowing players to utilize a zombie as cover), Terrain Spikes (boot-mounted spikes for trampling the enemy), and the Zombie Jammer (a device which repels zombies only when active).

The game's analog aim and cover system, meanwhile, allows for precise control when using firearms behind cover. Look forward to more info over the coming months!

I see a lot of people shitting on this announcement because it's not classic survival-horror Resident Evil, which makes me wonder what rock those people have been living under for the past few years. Apparently people have high expectations even for budget spin-off Resident Evil games.

Anyway, I think this game could actually be really cool. As you all know, I love the combat mechanics in Resident Evil 6 and this seems to be expanding on them and putting them in a game that's strictly focused on action. Sounds like a dream come true to me! The only thing I'm bummed about is that it's a multiplayer-only game. It would be nice to have a solid single-player campaign to go along with it or even just a single-player mode, especially since I don't trust the online community to last for longer than a year. But I guess we'll see what happens.

Anyone else interested in this game? That was a hypothetical question because I know that nobody else here gives a shit, but I still wanted to make a thread about it.

Ioshyriku

Looks cool, but a bit generic looking considering it's the series' 20th anniversary, people might've expected somethig big.
That being said I sworn not to judge a book by it's cover or other people's opinions of it, I'd give it a go if I could.