Pokemon GO app brings Pokemon to the real world

Started by Elija2, September 09, 2015, 07:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

Basically it's an app for smartphones that tracks you through GPS and tells you about nearby Pokemon. If you go to that actual location in the real world you can battle and catch it, but if other players get their first they can catch it before you. You can also trade and battle with other people if you meet up with them, and there are apparently events where many players will have to get together at the same time to defeat a Pokemon. If you've ever heard of Ingress, it's essentially the same thing and is actually made in collaboration with the same developers.

Maybe this will actually get jkid to go out more.

Ioshyriku

That is interesting, I wonder if I'll find any Pokémon where I live.
But I don't think it will be as exciting for everyone as the trailer makes it out to be.

jkid101094

The fact that no one has compared this to the April Fools joke by Google upsets me.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Dumbed down Pokemon where I actually have to go outside?

No thanks.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 10, 2015, 01:43:18 AM
The fact that no one has compared this to the April Fools joke by Google upsets me.

Tons of people have.

Quote from: Hakudamashi on September 10, 2015, 02:34:20 AM
Dumbed down Pokemon where I actually have to go outside?

No thanks.

But the graphics in this game are way better.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

So the closed beta is launching winter of this year (apparently only to Ingress players) with the full game launching for everyone early 2016.

Also, apparently they're working on some sort of connectivity between Pokemon GO and the next mainline Pokemon game. I wonder what they'll come up with. I feel like being able to transfer Pokemon between the main games and this app would be a bit gamebreaking.

NiGHTSfan

who the fuck would you want to go outside to play the dumbass game thats really stupid nintendo and pokemon company this is one pokemon game im not getting and besides who the fuck goes out now and lots of the pokemon are damn near impossible to catch

Elija2

Quote from: batman on September 24, 2015, 04:37:30 PM
who the fuck would want to go outside to play the dumbass game thats really stupid nintendo and pokemon company this is one pokemon game im not getting and besides who the fuck goes out now and lots of the pokemon are damn near impossible to catch
k

Ioshyriku

Quote from: batman on September 24, 2015, 04:37:30 PM
Who the fuck would you want to go outside to play the dumbass game thats really stupid? Nintendo and Pokemon Company, this is one pokemon game im not getting, and besides who the fuck goes out now?
Well, Pokémon IS a portable game after all. Something that people usually play when they are not home.