Main Menu

Kirby is a dick

Started by Elija2, July 28, 2015, 09:01:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 28, 2015, 01:18:41 PM
Because it's never established in another game. All of Kirby's actions in his games can be attributed to his age or heroic nature. Not to mention that the fact that Nightmare is still present at the Fountain of Dreams despite being defeated in Kirby's Adventure should automatically retcon the game.

Who cares if it's never brought back up in another game? It still happened! And Nightmare's appearance is just an innocent cameo, it's not supposed to mean anything. That's like saying that the pictures of Mario, Peach, and Bowser in Ocarina of Time mean that Mario and Zelda take place in the same universe.

Yes they do, actually. If Puzzle League is canon that would imply that Ash met (and beat) Mewtwo after the events of the first movie despite the island having been abandoned and Mewtwo disappearing until Mewtwo Returns. The fact that Tracey addresses Ash like an old friend despite the final Mewtwo fight causes a paradox that would place this game after Mewtwo Strikes Back during the fight with Tracey, but prior to it during the fight with Mewtwo (as it would make no sense as to why Ash's memory of Mewtwo Strikes Back would be erased had this game taken place after it).

Puzzle League ends with everything being a dream, just like SMB2. So no, it doesn't contradict anything.

Kirby also defeats greedy ass Dedede and rains food down upon all the hungry residents of Dreamland. Besides, it's not like Dyna was 100% innocent:

Dyna cuts down a tree (a faceless tree, not Whispy Woods) to feed her chicks and that makes her deserving of getting the snot kicked out of her?

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on July 28, 2015, 01:40:05 PM
Puzzle League ends with everything being a dream, just like SMB2. So no, it doesn't contradict anything.

"It wasn't a dream after all, Pikachu! We really did win!"

Do your research before you claim something.

Quote from: Elija2 on July 28, 2015, 01:40:05 PM
Dyna cuts down a tree (a faceless tree, not Whispy Woods) to feed her chicks and that makes her deserving of getting the snot kicked out of her?
Yeah, disregard the two fucking mountains she brought down.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

jkid, you're the only person who I could have an argument with on the canonical merits of Kirby's Avalanche. Thank you.

jkid101094

I wish they were debates instead of arguments but nobody's perfect.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

What's the difference between a debate and an argument?

jkid101094

As far as I'm concerned a debate is friendly and the opinions of both parties are respected while an argument is balls to the walls, "fuck you and everything you stand for you goddamn plebeian".

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

We didn't insult each other though so doesn't that make this a debate?

Hakudamashi

A debate is something to be won, an argument is not
And arguments are components of a debate.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Hakudamashi on July 28, 2015, 03:41:13 PM

A debate is something to be won, an argument is not
And arguments are components of a debate.
Think of it more like modern slang then. If you can find a better word to use then be my guest.

Quote from: Elija2 on July 28, 2015, 03:39:30 PM
We didn't insult each other though so doesn't that make this a debate?
I would have sworn I called you a few things but eh.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 28, 2015, 03:44:24 PM
Think of it more like modern slang then. If you can find a better word to use then be my guest.
How about, Civil Argument and Heated Argument?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Hakudamashi on July 28, 2015, 03:46:31 PM
How about, Civil Argument and Heated Argument?
Too long. Needs to roll off the tongue better.
Also "Heated" isn't the word I'd use to describe it.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Do we really have to argue semantics here?

Wait, is this an argument about an argument?

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Well, I'm just glad that we got to do something other than ask each other questions.

Kirby