RPG Maker MV

Started by Ioshyriku, July 13, 2015, 08:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ioshyriku

Look at the thing between 2015 and 2016.
We might be getting a new RPG Maker at the middle of this year, although I'm not that excited since I already got used to Ace, and it will take a while before people turn the new one into something spectacular like with XP and Ace.

jkid101094

Maybe it'll finally have support for 3D models. ComiPo! uses 3D models of anime characters so it'd be neat to see the two crossover.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Moonlight Enchilada

Made by the Eternal Goddessu!~

Ioshyriku

http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/RPG-Maker-MV-Announced.jpg
QuoteThe next entry in the popular RPG Maker series for PC and Mac is RPG Maker MV, the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals.
The latest iteration of the tool promises to be a major evolution. Key points outlined in the magazine include:
-Multi-device support.
-Side-view battles added.
-Support for both touch controls and mouse controls.
-Big increase on the limit of database items.
-Maps are automatically three-layered.
-Games run in high resolution.
A release date is not announced.

jkid101094

Finally they give us the option to port our games to other platforms. I was beginning to that that would never happen. Native side view battles will be nice too.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Ioshyriku

If only Ace had that, I wish I could port Final wing to PS4 and WiiU after I'll finish it.

jkid101094

Well I'm not so sure porting to PS4 will be a thing but Android and IOS are a good start. Maybe if we get extremely lucky people will be able to use the code and create converters for other systems but I kind of doubt it.

I myself wouldn't mind being able to port RPGMV games to the DSTwo or Wii, myself.

Also still holding out for better 3D support but it's not looking like we'll get that.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Ioshyriku

I guess MGK's FPLE and mode7 will have to do until then.

jkid101094

Huh. Can't say I've seen this before. This might be a long shot but there wouldn't happen to be an SMT or Persona fan game using this, would there?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Ioshyriku

I am not really sure, I've seen two really neat fangames, one being a SMT game that seemed pretty neat and a remake of P4 but none of them had this type of dungeons.
Someone made an Alien FPS with a modified version of the script though.

jkid101094

An FPS in RPG Maker? That would actually make a cool game if it was more like Fallout and less like Doom.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Ioshyriku

More info: http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/products/programs/rpg-maker-mv

I think I'll stick to Ace, since the only thing I care about this is the higher resolution and more layers (which became useless lately since I've learned about parallax mapping).

jkid101094

Eh, parallax mapping always felt poopy to me. I've always felt like being able to identify each tile is sort of important to RPGs (unless they're 3D).

I'm incredibly excited for all the new features relating to Javascript, though. We're going to be seeing so many amazing things come out of it that I'm more excited to see what others can do than I am to try it for myself.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

NiGHTSfan