What are you currently playing?

Started by Hakudamashi, July 07, 2015, 11:29:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xXAceNL

One of the best games ever Imo, Mount & Blade Warband, And Napoleonic Wars DLC :D

NiGHTSfan

im playing forza horizon 2 on my xbox one

Hakudamashi

So I'm playing FF7 for what's prolly the 10th time or somethin, but this time I got it on the Vita as I prefer turn based RPGs on a handheld, one advantage that I planned to make full use of is that I can watch something like a Twitch stream whenever it got to a grinding part.

I say planned, cause I've been having some eerie good luck so far when it comes to grinding, that is, steal and random drop grinding, not level grinding.

Encountered and stole from all the enemies I wanted on the 1st try, also bucked up on Yuffie on the 1st possible encounter

Not that I'm complaining or anything.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

NiGHTSfan

im playing batman arkham knight again its still a fun game to play the story is so epic

Hakudamashi

I ragequitted RE5 at the 2nd Wesker fight cause of bad controls and poor conveyance.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Ioshyriku

Beyond Good and Evil, and I have to say that it surpassed my expectations, from the reviews I've seen for it the game seemed very generic, but when I started playing I was hooked.
The controls were a little odd at first and since my laptop isn't the best gaming platform I got some lag here and there (mostly when entering the city area with the hovercraft), other than that the game is quite fun, it has an interesting world, great story and characters, and it feels like a combo of Zelda (heck, the reason I started playing it is because I searched for Zelda clones and BG&E was in the first place and don't tell me that the name of the people in the game isn't a reference to it) and Metal Gear.
One little thing that annoys me is the need to collect pearls in order to progress in the story.

NiGHTSfan

Quote from: Ioshyriku on September 04, 2015, 12:06:38 PM
Beyond Good and Evil, and I have to say that it surpassed my expectations, from the reviews I've seen for it the game seemed very generic, but when I started playing I was hooked.
The controls were a little odd at first and since my laptop isn't the best gaming platform I got some lag here and there (mostly when entering the city area with the hovercraft), other than that the game is quite fun, it has an interesting world, great story and characters, and it feels like a combo of Zelda (heck, the reason I started playing it is because I searched for Zelda clones and BG&E was in the first place and don't tell me that the name of the people in the game isn't a reference to it) and Metal Gear.
One little thing that annoys me is the need to collect pearls in order to progress in the story.

dude just play the games on a console instead of the laptop before u get it from steam

Ioshyriku

Quote from: batman on September 04, 2015, 01:25:20 PM
dude just play the games on a console instead of the laptop before u get it from steam
1. I am not a Steam user, I prefer to get my games as physical copies.
2. I would, but the only (working) console I have is a PS1.
3. Please don't tell me what to do.

NiGHTSfan

Quote from: Ioshyriku on September 05, 2015, 03:04:55 AM
1. I am not a Steam user, I prefer to get my games as physical copies.
2. I would, but the only (working) console I have is a PS1.
3. Please don't tell me what to do.

the ps3 slim is cheap now used and theyre cheap around $350 and same for the 360

Ioshyriku

I'm actually thinking of getting a new console, but for the time being I'm saving up for a new computer.
Thank you for the information though.

NiGHTSfan

im playing sonic transformed i haven played this game since 2013

Ioshyriku

Finished Beyond Good and Evil, it was fun, the final boss was a bit annoying though.
And since there's a cliffhanger after the credits the sequel needs to come out, I command it.

I'm also continuing Persona 2, it's becomng quite interesting now since I'm finally getting to fight their shadow selves and the fuhrer soon, and man I sure was underlevelled and you know what that means GRIDING TIME!

NiGHTSfan

im playing batman arkham knight again on my xbox one i still love the story its amazing very dramatic and lots of plot twists

Hakudamashi

I was playing Fallout New Vegas.
It was great fun at first, but once I got to the New Vegas Strip, the quest got a lot longer, more tedious, and I kept bumping into roadblocks where either I didn't have the skills or requirements necessary to move further, or the alternative just wasn't worth it, made even more annoying when these roadblocks happen so late into the quest.

The game quickly plummeted into this long list of chores to do, and I dunno if I'm motivated enough to stick with it.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on September 10, 2015, 08:07:43 AM
I was playing Fallout New Vegas.
It was great fun at first, but once I got to the New Vegas Strip, the quest got a lot longer, more tedious, and I kept bumping into roadblocks where either I didn't have the skills or requirements necessary to move further, or the alternative just wasn't worth it, made even more annoying when these roadblocks happen so late into the quest.

The game quickly plummeted into this long list of chores to do, and I dunno if I'm motivated enough to stick with it.

What's wrong with long quests? It's not like the quests aren't diverse. You're usually going to different locations, interacting with different people, and just in general doing different stuff. Is there a specific quest that you found tedious?

The great thing about the quests in this game is that there are multiple ways to complete them so if you run into a roadblock because you don't meet some requirement there's usually another way to complete the quest, and if not then you can always do a completely different quest until you improve your stats.