MegaMan Legends successor: Red Ash

Started by Ioshyriku, July 02, 2015, 08:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ioshyriku

Not only there are talented fans working on a Legends 3 project, but Comcept is back again with a new awesome title.

I CANNOT CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT!
If the big guy won't be voiced by the same person who did the voice of Tiesel I will be sad.

So many of my favorites are coming back one way or another, I seriously think I am in some kind of coma and all this is a dream.

Elija2

Ioshyriku

Quote from: Skybane
Inafune and Eiko Tanaka's panel at Anime Expo just concluded and we have a bunch of news straight off the presses about Red Ash! Here's the entire scoop, courtesy of Yoshinator, PixelButts and RobertoDLT5, the live-tweeters at the event:
- Two Kickstarter campaigns were started, one for a Red Ash game and the other for an anime.
- The Kickstarter will be used to fund a Prototype, to show the world how much potential the project has.
- The official site can be found here: redashgame.com/
- Inafune remarked that this project isn't Legends, and they would "need Capcom's approval to explore the Legends series again".
- There's a mobile citadel in Red Ash called "KalKanon".
- The main character can switch out weapons like Volnutt.
- The game will be an open-world third person shooter, like Legends.
- Red Ash wants to focus on exploring an 'anime world'. Inafune wants the game to be as close to an anime as possible. Inafune says that by being an anime and a game, it is hopeful that it reaches a greater audience.
- A playable demo of the game will be available at Anime Expo.
- The IP is a spin-off of Mighty No. 9.
- The main character's called "Beck", his female counterpart's named "Call", and the Teisel-like character's "Tyger". It looks like strange little robot's name is Gofer, and the KS video hints that there are several of them. The "Tron" character's name hasn't been revealed yet.
- The anime for this series will be handled by Studio 4℃, who also did an animated commercial for Mega Man Legends back in the day.
- The Red Ash anime KS fund goal only allows for a 5 minute episode. $2,480,000 are required to turn it into a feature film.
- The anime will combine both 2D and 3D elements.
- The art will be headed by Kazushi Ito, the main character designer for the Legends series and Director of MML1 and The Misadventures of Tron Bonne. Other cast members include:
Ui Designer: Yukiko Kawanabe
Supervisor: Tom-Pon
BGM: Manami Matsumae
Sound: Shusaku Uchiyama
Producer Yoichi Ono
Assistant Producer: Joshua Weatherford
- The music in the teaser was done by famed Mega Man music composer Manami Matsumae.
- Why is Inafune using Kickstarter again? According to him, the primary reason is so that Comcept can keep the IP. Once the game is funded on KS, the IP is locked with Comcept, even if they partner with other companies. Inafune states that this is the biggest benefit of Kickstarter.
These are just the details that were discussed at the actual panel, but there's way more information about this project on the two Kickstarter pages, such as stretch goals, reward tiers, and general information about the world of Red Ash. Check 'em out!
Here are the links:
Game: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/red-ash-the-indelible-legend
Anime: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/red-ash-magicicada-by-studio4c

Elija2

Weird that the anime's goal is higher than the game's goal, and it's only for a 5 minute episode! And the game's goal isn't even for the full game, it's only for the first 3 episodes.

The way they did this Kickstarter is weird.

Hakudamashi

Considering how Mighty No. 9 went, I'm skeptical.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Ioshyriku

Quote from: Elija2 on July 04, 2015, 09:28:01 AM
Weird that the anime's goal is higher than the game's goal...
For the anime the goal is $150,000 while for the game it's $800,000.
But I understand what you mean.

jkid101094

I'm getting tired of Inafune at this point. The original Megaman franchise was born from years of development, money and game designers who knew what they were doing. Mighty #9 isn't even out yet and he's already put money into a Megaman X clone, a TV series for Mighty #9, and now is asking for more money for this. When Mighty #9 was first announced I was skeptical as to how exactly it'd live up to the legacy of the original and it looks like neither does Inafune because the result of all that previous fundraising got us a game that looks like someone's first Unity project, cut features that people literally paid his studio to implement and all this other shit no one wanted. I'm convinced that the heads at Comcept have absolutely no idea what they're doing.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Ioshyriku

That is why I don't give money to projects until they are finished.
Let's hope this one turns out to be better.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 05, 2015, 09:50:35 PM
I'm convinced that the heads at Comcept have absolutely no idea what they're doing.

Oh, I'm sure they know what they're doing...

Hakudamashi

At least he's still good at character designing.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Ioshyriku

Are you implying that the character design is bad?

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Ioshyriku

jkid101094

I will admit that I don't like the designs for this game specifically.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.