MegaMan Legends successor: Red Ash

Started by Ioshyriku, July 02, 2015, 08:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ioshyriku

Not only there are talented fans working on a Legends 3 project, but Comcept is back again with a new awesome title.

I CANNOT CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT!
If the big guy won't be voiced by the same person who did the voice of Tiesel I will be sad.

So many of my favorites are coming back one way or another, I seriously think I am in some kind of coma and all this is a dream.

Elija2

Ioshyriku

Quote from: Skybane
Inafune and Eiko Tanaka's panel at Anime Expo just concluded and we have a bunch of news straight off the presses about Red Ash! Here's the entire scoop, courtesy of Yoshinator, PixelButts and RobertoDLT5, the live-tweeters at the event:
- Two Kickstarter campaigns were started, one for a Red Ash game and the other for an anime.
- The Kickstarter will be used to fund a Prototype, to show the world how much potential the project has.
- The official site can be found here: redashgame.com/
- Inafune remarked that this project isn't Legends, and they would "need Capcom's approval to explore the Legends series again".
- There's a mobile citadel in Red Ash called "KalKanon".
- The main character can switch out weapons like Volnutt.
- The game will be an open-world third person shooter, like Legends.
- Red Ash wants to focus on exploring an 'anime world'. Inafune wants the game to be as close to an anime as possible. Inafune says that by being an anime and a game, it is hopeful that it reaches a greater audience.
- A playable demo of the game will be available at Anime Expo.
- The IP is a spin-off of Mighty No. 9.
- The main character's called "Beck", his female counterpart's named "Call", and the Teisel-like character's "Tyger". It looks like strange little robot's name is Gofer, and the KS video hints that there are several of them. The "Tron" character's name hasn't been revealed yet.
- The anime for this series will be handled by Studio 4℃, who also did an animated commercial for Mega Man Legends back in the day.
- The Red Ash anime KS fund goal only allows for a 5 minute episode. $2,480,000 are required to turn it into a feature film.
- The anime will combine both 2D and 3D elements.
- The art will be headed by Kazushi Ito, the main character designer for the Legends series and Director of MML1 and The Misadventures of Tron Bonne. Other cast members include:
Ui Designer: Yukiko Kawanabe
Supervisor: Tom-Pon
BGM: Manami Matsumae
Sound: Shusaku Uchiyama
Producer Yoichi Ono
Assistant Producer: Joshua Weatherford
- The music in the teaser was done by famed Mega Man music composer Manami Matsumae.
- Why is Inafune using Kickstarter again? According to him, the primary reason is so that Comcept can keep the IP. Once the game is funded on KS, the IP is locked with Comcept, even if they partner with other companies. Inafune states that this is the biggest benefit of Kickstarter.
These are just the details that were discussed at the actual panel, but there's way more information about this project on the two Kickstarter pages, such as stretch goals, reward tiers, and general information about the world of Red Ash. Check 'em out!
Here are the links:
Game: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/red-ash-the-indelible-legend
Anime: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/red-ash-magicicada-by-studio4c

Elija2

Weird that the anime's goal is higher than the game's goal, and it's only for a 5 minute episode! And the game's goal isn't even for the full game, it's only for the first 3 episodes.

The way they did this Kickstarter is weird.

Hakudamashi

Considering how Mighty No. 9 went, I'm skeptical.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Ioshyriku

Quote from: Elija2 on July 04, 2015, 09:28:01 AM
Weird that the anime's goal is higher than the game's goal...
For the anime the goal is $150,000 while for the game it's $800,000.
But I understand what you mean.

jkid101094

I'm getting tired of Inafune at this point. The original Megaman franchise was born from years of development, money and game designers who knew what they were doing. Mighty #9 isn't even out yet and he's already put money into a Megaman X clone, a TV series for Mighty #9, and now is asking for more money for this. When Mighty #9 was first announced I was skeptical as to how exactly it'd live up to the legacy of the original and it looks like neither does Inafune because the result of all that previous fundraising got us a game that looks like someone's first Unity project, cut features that people literally paid his studio to implement and all this other shit no one wanted. I'm convinced that the heads at Comcept have absolutely no idea what they're doing.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Ioshyriku

That is why I don't give money to projects until they are finished.
Let's hope this one turns out to be better.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 05, 2015, 09:50:35 PM
I'm convinced that the heads at Comcept have absolutely no idea what they're doing.

Oh, I'm sure they know what they're doing...

Hakudamashi

At least he's still good at character designing.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Ioshyriku

Are you implying that the character design is bad?

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Ioshyriku

jkid101094

I will admit that I don't like the designs for this game specifically.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Too little, too late. Honestly, this sounds kinda mean but I can't wait to see this Kickstarter fail. Inafune already said that he's gonna make the game no matter what but hopefully this failure will make him more humble.

Ioshyriku

They seem to have fun making it.
I hope you are right that they will continue making it even if the KS fails

Elija2

They released a pre-alpha prototype that you can play for free on PC. It's not very good, but I guess they're desperate. 5 days left and they're barely halfway there (and this was only for the first 3 chapters).

jkid101094

No one trusts Comcept to make a game anymore and rightfully so in my opinion. I love Legends but hopefully this bombing will knock some fucking sense into them.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Maybe they should learn not to juggle so many projects at once.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Ioshyriku

Considering the time we live in I will not be able to play the demo.
The anime is pretty close to the goal, the game might fail but I hope that comes out. The animatic and the concept art made me quite curious about the whole thing.

Elija2

How weird would it be if the anime is successful but the game fails? You'd basically have a 5 minute ad for a game that doesn't exist.

Ioshyriku

Elija2

Wow, they're actually losing backers now. Makes sense, why would anyone pledge for something that's gonna happen anyway? They probably should have just cancelled the Kickstarter early to save some of their dignity.

Hakudamashi

If we weren't given enough reasons not to trust Inafune with money.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

So it looks like this Fuze company funded the whole game, not just the first 3 chapters. That's good, I guess. Now the base goal (which still isn't gonna be successful) is going to 3 stretch goals. How the heck are they allowed to completely change the goal of their Kickstarter like that in the final days of it? That's gotta be against Kickstarter's ToS, right?

And holy shit, look at the website of this Fuze company. Inafune must have been really desperate to partner with them.

Hakudamashi

Well, at least Inafune really wants this game to happen, that's something right?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Ioshyriku

So it's a console manufacturer that funded them, but the game isn't announced on their console...

Hakudamashi

Maybe they're doing Inafune a solid.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

I think Inafune is doing them a solid considering nobody has ever heard of them until now.

Elija2

Well the Kickstarter is over and obviously the game failed, but surprisingly the anime got funded. Yay?

Hakudamashi

It's only 5 minutes to a game I'm not even hyped for
Let's move on.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Ioshyriku

Why did they need so much cash for just 5 minutes of animation?

Elija2

Quote from: Ioshyriku on August 03, 2015, 08:27:38 AM
Why did they need și much cash fir just 5 minutes if animation?

Actually they extended it to 18 minutes.

Also, how the fuck did you accidentally type ș?

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Ioshyriku

Quote from: Elija2 on August 03, 2015, 08:50:35 AM
Actually they extended it to 18 minutes.

Also, how the fuck did you accidentally type ș?
Sorry, I was on my phone and it autocorrected "so" to the closest Romanian word, which means "and".

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

What, they want to do more episodes or something?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

From what I can Google Translate, they want to make it longer and maybe add more stuff to the DVD/Blu-ray?

Also, why does the anime whitewash Call?

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Oh, it's fine, the Kickstarter already explains it.

Animation and Game are parallel worlds and each worldviews are very different.
There are differences in character designs, color designs, voice actors and more. We hope you enjoy the two worlds!

Duh! Parallel worlds! That explains why Beck and Tyger look different too! Oh wait...

To be fair, Tyger is missing his tattoo in the anime.

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on August 04, 2015, 02:17:19 PM
Also, why does the anime whitewash Call?
Because black women with blonde hair are fugly.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 04, 2015, 03:42:33 PM
Because black women with blonde hair are fugly.
Jkid confirmed totally into gyaru
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Well that second anime crowdfunding campaign is looking to be a total failure (only about $560 in US dollars), so what are they gonna do now? Well, a third crowdfunding campaign, of course! But, it doesn't even make any sense. The second campaign I can kinda understand because it's for Japanese fans who couldn't contribute to the Kickstarter, but this third one is open to overseas fans again. The people who were interested in the anime already backed the first Kickstarter, so who do they expect to back this one? So now they literally have two different crowdfunding campaigns for the same exact thing running at the same time. What a mess.

Ioshyriku

Elija2

Quote from: Ioshyriku on August 16, 2015, 05:35:17 AM
They act like they have no budget.

If they didn't have a budget before, they still don't now. $24 isn't gonna make a difference.