Looking for a download of Sonic & Knuckles collection

Started by Raidein, June 09, 2015, 06:10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on June 10, 2015, 07:28:52 AM
Then can you please explain to me why Nintendo DS games use a file system for storing data, yet still can only be modded like a cartridge?

Go dig through any DS rom and you'll see a file system like in CD based games, but if you try to replace any file with something larger, the entire rom will go to hell. This is what happened to me when I attempted to replace Pichu's cry here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIAXJ77GGVc&index=8&list=PL2850424B8760A325

Now do the same thing with Brawl. Chances are it'll work perfectly fine. Why? Because that's the way CDs store and load data. I've seen people replace two minute loops in Brawl with a song that goes on for 30 minutes and have everything work out fine. I'm sure you could ask anyone else that has experience in both kinds of modding and they'll tell you the same thing.

I'm assuming it's because of the way the DS is designed, not because of the cartridges. Cartridges are literally just a different method of storage to CDs, they have nothing to do with how the games are programmed.

jkid101094

Well you can believe what you want while everything I've said have facts and experience behind them. :P
Not to mention that S&KC nativity to PC makes the files easier to get to.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Well I think the fact that there are only a few hacks for S&KC while there are thousands of hacks for the Genesis games means that the native PC port doesn't make hacking much easier.

jkid101094

Because the amount of hacks for a game has absolutely nothing to do with how many community developed tools exist for it or how easy it is to obtain in the first place. I mean, it's not like this topic was only posted to get the game in someone's hands or anything.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on June 10, 2015, 08:11:58 AM
Because the amount of hacks for a game has absolutely nothing to do with how many community developed tools exist for it or how easy it is to obtain in the first place. I mean, it's not like this topic was only posted to get the game in someone's hands or anything.

If the game was easier to hack than the Genesis games, it follows that there would be more community developed tools for it. And it's easier to obtain a copy of S&KC than it is to dump your own Genesis cartridges.

jkid101094

Because everyone in the world dumps their own roms rather than pirating them off the internet.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

I'm sure that there are plenty of difficult-to-obtain games with active modding communities.

jkid101094

I swear to God I'm going to reach my arm through this computer screen and bitch slap the living shit out of you.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Raidein

I got nothin'
except the word Quote

Ioshyriku

Quote from: Raidein on June 12, 2015, 09:18:23 AM
I am noob. How do run ISO?
No seriously, I have no clue.
Install DAEMON TOOLS, then mount the image on the virtual hard drive the software creates.

Raidein

Quote from: Ioshyriku on June 12, 2015, 09:35:04 AM
Install DAEMON TOOLS, then mount the image on the virtual hard drive the software creates.
Is it possible to do it without installing DAEMON TOOLS? I'd rather not install anything. I do have a USB Stick if I can use that.
I got nothin'
except the word Quote

jkid101094

You can install DAEMON tools too the USB stick if you're afraid of being caught using it. Alternatively you can just unistall DAEMON tools after mounting and installing the ISO. Keep in mind that there's pretty much no way to use an ISO without an external program and that most games still need to be installed from the ISO anyway.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: Raidein on June 13, 2015, 09:09:49 AM
Is it possible to do it without installing DAEMON TOOLS? I'd rather not install anything. I do have a USB Stick if I can use that.

Do you have Windows 8? I believe it lets you mount ISO files without third-party software.

Raidein

Quote from: Elija2 on June 13, 2015, 09:19:15 AM
Do you have Windows 8? I believe it lets you mount ISO files without third-party software.
I've got windows vista.

I'm good at buying things.
I got nothin'
except the word Quote