Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice

Started by jkid101094, June 09, 2015, 05:35:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

So it seems that after the...umm..."success" of the previous two Sonic Boom games SEGA felt it was only necessary to create a sequel. While no follow-up to Rise of Lyric has been announced (THANK GOD) the follow up to Shattered Crystal has now been confirmed as Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice.

I'm not sure if it's a Game of Thrones reference or not but regardless the game has you running around in the 2D style of Shattered Crystal taking control of all five of the series' heroes and allowing you to apparently switch on the fly. In addition you'll also be able to manipulate the elements of Fire and Ice to solve platforming puzzles. The trailer in particular shows Sonic using Fire to melt Ice blocks and using Ice to freeze blocks of water. While I'm not sure how these new mechanics could be used to the fullest I'm hoping there's more uses outside of what we've seen.

Hopefully we'll also finally get some backstory but I'm not getting my hopes up. At least Lyric is nowhere to be seen. 

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Ioshyriku

jkid101094

I honestly wouldn't mind Sonic Boom being handheld exclusive while the main series Sonic games stay exclusive to consoles. It'd give each one a special lil' niche.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Ioshyriku

Quote from: jkid101094 on June 09, 2015, 05:51:59 AM
exclusive to consoles.
>:(

Sorry for the spam.

Hakudamashi

Well Shattered Crystal was actually good, and Sanzaru actually knows their shit, so I'm sure this game will also be pretty good.

My concern lies with Main Sonic
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

I've already expressed my dislike of the show.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Chimmy Chonga

Quote from: jkid101094 on June 09, 2015, 05:51:59 AMexclusive to consoles.
Quote from: jkid101094 on June 09, 2015, 05:51:59 AMto consoles.
Quote from: jkid101094 on June 09, 2015, 05:51:59 AMconsoles.

You're forgetting something. >:C

Quote from: Elija2 on June 09, 2015, 10:13:51 AM
Does anyone here even watch the cartoon?

The show isn't too bad. Sometimes the jokes try to be a bit too "le randumb lolol" but it's pretty enjoyable.

shrinky dinks

Hakudamashi

Can't forget all dem PC Sonic games.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Ioshyriku

I also dig the show, but it's not something I'm hyped for when a new episode comes out like with Adventure Time and Gravity Falls.

jkid101094

PCs are for making games, not playing them. :p

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Ioshyriku