Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon

Started by Elija2, May 21, 2015, 12:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

Well, it's not like it would take anything away from the game.

Apparently Gates to Infinity let you take pictures of stuff with the 3DS camera and convert them into dungeons. I don't even know how that would work.

jkid101094

It's really dumb. Basically you take a picture of any round object and depending on the colors and size of it you get a different randomly generated dungeon. I guess the image taken is converted into a seed or something, I'm not sure.

Having Pokemon jump into a hidden door in your plate of waffles is a pretty funny idea though. That or a Pokemon plush.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Were you ever interested in getting that Etrian Mystery Dungeon game, or do you only care about the Pokemon aspects of these games?

jkid101094

Pokemon is what attracts me to these games specifically, but I've heard good things about Etrian Odyssey. I might play it one day but not before Bravely Default or it's sequel.

Getting back to the point though, I'm hoping SMD has all 721 Pokemon as opposed to the other games which omitted everything that hadn't been formally announced (Rescue Rangers, Explorers) or just omitted Pokemon based on what models they wanted to make (Gates to Infinity).

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

They'll probably include some Mega Evolutions that haven't been announced yet as well as whatever Gen 6 Pokemon are remaining, but I doubt there will be any Gen 7 Pokemon.

jkid101094

Well I spoke nothing of Gen 7, but it would be interesting to have the next generation debut in a spin-off title. I just hope they include all the already established mons.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Every Pokemon is in the game and you can choose to play as every starter, as well as Pikachu and Riolu (because of course). It already looks better than Gates to Infinity.

jkid101094

I saw a Lilligant in the trailer. They must know about our undying love.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on May 31, 2015, 05:50:21 AM
I saw a Lilligant in the trailer. They must know about our undying love.

Or they just put every Pokemon in the game.

jkid101094

Every Pokemon was not shown in that trailer, meaning Lilligant had to be hand picked to appear.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on May 31, 2015, 05:56:23 AM
Every Pokemon was not shown in that trailer, meaning Lilligant had to be hand picked to appear.

They showed like a hundred Pokemon in that trailer. A Lilligant way in the background is nothing more than a coincidence.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

The camera looks way too zoomed in just like Gates to Infinity, but it's kinda nice that they're bringing back hunger and the personality quiz.

Shilz

Convinced to buy this.
loved gates to infinity.
but they need to give more bag space if they wanna add food. :p
Awesome by accident- Profishâ„¢.

Elija2

Release date is November 20th in North America.

Honestly, as much as I want this game I'm probably gonna skip it and just get Etrian Mystery Dungeon instead. I mean, that game is already on sale for $30 ($38 for me due to shitty Canadian dollar :( ) on the eShop and it'll only get cheaper, whereas Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon is gonna be full price for a long time (at $50 CDN :( ). Hell, Gates to Infinity is still $35 (I don't even wanna know the CDN price) on the eShop! Hopefully the Canadian dollar recovers soon so that when Etrian Mystery Dungeon goes on sale for $20 I can actually get it at that price.