Sonic the Hedgehog is the greatest game in the franchise.

Started by ashes2thestars, April 20, 2015, 08:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashes2thestars

The original Sega Genesis game. Not only is it fun, but it also has the best structure. It's a standard platformer, not a speed game. :)

Ioshyriku

The music is great too.

I prefer Sonic 3 & Knuckles, but everyone has their own opinion.

Elija2

Quote from: ashes2thestars on April 20, 2015, 08:02:43 AM
It's a standard platformer, not a speed game. :)

Sure, but when it comes to platforming it's not that great. Even the later Sonic games have it beaten on that front, among other things like larger levels, more powerups, better bonus levels, and more characters.

AlanSkechUlti

I beat that game countless times, and so did my dad!

Raidein

Honestly now, that statement is just an opinion. It certainly isn't the best game technically, or selling.
If I had to pick a favourite it'll be Sonic 3 & Knuckles due to the large amount of gameplay, super AND hyper forms, and more stuff. Saying _____ is the best game in the franchise will just start flame wars in most forums, but here we're not complete d*cks.
I got nothin'
except the word Quote

hamzeh221

I Haven't Played All Sonic Games but for
now i prefer Sonic Heroes  ;)
Try to S.L.E.E.P and Dream Like An A.D.M.I.N or a M.O.D.E.R.A.T.O.R
In this Fourm

xXAceNL

The First Sonic Game i ever played was Sonic Heroes, And IT WAS AMAZING!

RazoRTR

In my case, Sonic Generations is the best. Story-wise, it wasn't perfect, but the game itself brought back memories and combined the old generation with new generation pretty well. Gameplay was fast enough and the level designs were good. Not to mention there are many unlockables, including music, artworks and custom skills.
Of course, I can't deny how amazing the first game and it's sequels. Those games were amazing, compared to other platformers that came out before the Sonic franchise.

SonicMobius01

I played most all of them including fan games. Yeah the original is awesome butttt.......

Have to say the classic Sonic CD is the best Official game in my opinion great music, level deign and gameplay, then Sonic 3, 2, 1 and The Sonic Advance games for GBA were great and then Generations (PS3), Color (Wii), Adventure 1 & 2 (Dreamcast) and Sonic 4 Ep1 & 2 was decent ok. I like the classics more though.

I Hated Sonic Boom, Unleashed, The Secret Rings, Sonic Lost World were not so great and the absolute worst was Sonic and the black knight for Wii. GARBAGE lol.

Also like a few Fan games  for PC can be found here http://info.sonicretro.org/Category:Fan_games , Some are great, others are awful but they are free to download (Try out Sonic 2 HD, Robo blast 2) . When bored on the PC this is a cool sonic games online page I have been going to http://www.boredbro.com/games/sonic-games.html , has some rom revisions and official some fun flash sonic games.

NiGHTSfan

Quote from: SonicMobius01 on March 06, 2016, 12:38:16 PM
I played most all of them including fan games. Yeah the original is awesome butttt.......

Have to say the classic Sonic CD is the best Official game in my opinion great music, level deign and gameplay, then Sonic 3, 2, 1 and The Sonic Advance games for GBA were great and then Generations (PS3), Color (Wii), Adventure 1 & 2 (Dreamcast) and Sonic 4 Ep1 & 2 was decent ok. I like the classics more though.

I Hated Sonic Boom, Unleashed, The Secret Rings, Sonic Lost World were not so great and the absolute worst was Sonic and the black knight for Wii. GARBAGE lol.

Also like a few Fan games  for PC can be found here http://info.sonicretro.org/Category:Fan_games , Some are great, others are awful but they are free to download (Try out Sonic 2 HD, Robo blast 2) . When bored on the PC this is a cool sonic games online page I have been going to http://www.boredbro.com/games/sonic-games.html , has some rom revisions and official some fun flash sonic games.

i loved sonic unleashed it was great i also love sonic generations and sonic colors and sonic heroes sonic unleashed gives u a break from the day stages and it has great music

SonicMobius01

For unleashed just thought it was a bit too easy, it was ok I guess, I should not call it garbage  :o . Awww yeah Sonic Heroes was also pretty awesome, forgot to mention that one.

What do you guys think of Sonic.EXE? lol. I think its pretty stupid but I can see why kids like it so much.

NiGHTSfan

Quote from: SonicMobius01 on March 11, 2016, 03:55:08 PM
For unleashed just thought it was a bit too easy, it was ok I guess, I should not call it garbage  :o . Awww yeah Sonic Heroes was also pretty awesome, forgot to mention that one.

What do you guys think of Sonic.EXE? lol. I think its pretty stupid but I can see why kids like it so much.

dude i love sonic heroes, sonic unleashed, sonic colors, and also sonic riders those were great games

NXCraft

sonic 3 and knuckles
from sound
to gameplay
to engine
to story
its basically PERFECT BOUNS BEST GOOD EXCLLENT TOO GOOD game

Killercobra159

Its a bit to slippery to me. Id even place lost world over it

NiGHTSfan

Quote from: Killercobra159 on April 02, 2016, 09:33:37 AM
Its a bit to slippery to me. Id even place lost world over it

really dude the old sonic games were much tougher cause i had a hard time beating sonic one and i never beat it at all which sucks :(