Next Fire Emblem game taking the Pokemon route; 2 seperate versions

Started by Elija2, April 01, 2015, 06:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

Quote from: Translation of Official Site
Fire Emblem if Hoshido

A story focusing on protecting your Hoshidan birthplace and royal relatives from the Nohrian invasion. Outside the main story, you can earn experience and funds and freely develop your characters; perfect for those who enjoy freedom.

Fire Emblem if Nohr

In this story, you work with the Nohrian royal family to battle the internal conflicts within Nohr itself. Compared to Hoshido, the difficulty is higher, with limited opportunities to earn experience and funds.

Yep, Nintendo are pulling a Pokemon. To be fair, it does seem like the differences between the two Fire Emblem versions are much greater than the differences between two Pokemon versions; the two versions appear to be two entirely different campaigns. They start out the same, but after Chapter 6 they branch out into their own stories depending on which version you get. There is only one digital version of the game, but once you reach Chapter 6 you must choose which chapter you want and once you do you're locked out of the second path until you pay for it. If you buy one version you'll get a discount on the second version. There will also be a third version released as DLC only at a later date, along with a Special Edition of the game that will include all 3 paths along with other goodies.

This has only been confirmed for Japan so far, so they might do things differently when bringing it to North America/Europe. What are your thoughts?

Personally, I think it's kinda scummy. They say that each path alone is the size of Fire Emblem Awakening, but we still don't know how different both paths will be from each other. What I'm most bothered by though are the forced difficulty differences between each version. The Nohr version won't let you level up outside of the story missions, so you won't be able to grind for exp or money if you get stuck. That kinda makes me want to avoid it, but it has it's own unique story that sounds more interesting than the Hoshido version. Why couldn't they give both versions both difficulty options so that I wouldn't have to worry about that stuff?

That said, I'm still kinda excited for the game and I'll probably buy it. I just hope that we get a better deal here in North America.

Hakudamashi

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

So your choices don't matter after all?
You're just stuck with the side you buy?
That makes this whole thing much less interesting.
Bad move Nintendo.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

So this game has a Pokemon Amie-like system where you fondle your units to boost your relationship with them.

OH MY GOD WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Ioshyriku

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Ioshyriku

Hakudamashi

Not if they do it right before they sleep the night before.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Imagine having your water break in the middle of the battlefield. I wonder if the enemy would kill you or take you to a hospital?

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Such an event happened in Berserk
And I assume they'd do the same thing in Fire Emblem, take advantage of the situation and kill you.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Has to suck, though I imagine pregnancy would warrant an honorable discharge anyway.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.