3DS exploit lets you inject any GBC game into VC emulator without hacking

Started by Elija2, January 27, 2015, 02:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

Quote from: chaoscollector on March 17, 2015, 10:59:02 AM
Emulators dont really work on a "spec" basis. I.E, just because a genesis one doesnt operate on a 3ds doesnt mean a n64 one wont. It's more factored around the two systems being compatible more than anything. It's the same reason my PC, which has a much higher processor and graphics card etc. than a GameCube struggles to run some games correctly on Dolphin (Metroid Primes sound is screwed, twilight princess has graphic glitches, double dash has slow down). It's not that the hardware isnt up to it, it just doesn't necessarily run on the same systems. Im trying to run gamecube games on a nividia GTX 670 which it just isn't built for. Same applies with a 3ds.

Yes, they do. The more complicated the emulation is, the more CPU power you'll need to perform the emulation. N64 emulation is much more complicated than Genesis emulation, so if the 3DS is too weak to emulate the Genesis then it's pretty safe to say that it's too weak to emulate the N64.

The reason your PC can't emulate the Gamecube correctly is because it's not powerful enough. Emulation requires hardware that is multiple times more powerful than the hardware it's emulating. Good emulation especially relies on a powerful CPU, so if your CPU ain't up to snuff then it doesn't matter how powerful your graphics card is. I mean, obviously old SNES games weren't meant to run on PCs decades into the future. The whole point of emulation is to get something to run on hardware it wasn't originally meant to run on!

chaoscollector

Quote from: Elija2 on March 17, 2015, 11:34:14 AM
Yes, they do. The more complicated the emulation is, the more CPU power you'll need to perform the emulation. N64 emulation is much more complicated than Genesis emulation, so if the 3DS is too weak to emulate the Genesis then it's pretty safe to say that it's too weak to emulate the N64.

The reason your PC can't emulate the Gamecube correctly is because it's not powerful enough. Emulation requires hardware that is multiple times more powerful than the hardware it's emulating. Good emulation especially relies on a powerful CPU, so if your CPU ain't up to snuff then it doesn't matter how powerful your graphics card is. I mean, obviously old SNES games weren't meant to run on PCs decades into the future. The whole point of emulation is to get something to run on hardware it wasn't originally meant to run on!

Well, my PC more than overshoots Dolphins requirements. All I was trying to get across is that emulation faces a lot of problems unrelated to the console your emulating to simply being better. Some games just get screwed up in the porting process. They aren't really performance related, looking at the Dolphin wiki shows a bunch of common errors that cant be fixed no matter how beastly your pc is.

Essentially,  I am agreeing that emulating N64 games is out the question; though porting obviously isnt.