Eli's Adventures in Clannad Land

Started by Elija2, January 25, 2015, 12:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

So Haku was kind enough to read through Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer and I felt that I owed him a solid since he actually finished reading it (fuck you, Kyo). He praises the Clannad anime so I felt like that'd be a good pick to watch through. I have no idea if I'm gonna watch the entire series or just the first season, or even if I'll quit before that out of disgust. Only time will tell!

I only watched the first episode so far but...this show is weird. I can't tell if it's supposed to be grounded in reality or not. There's ghost girls, a super-strong schoolgirl that can jump a mile into the air, and a weird girl with McDonald's arches in her hair who apparently knows how to make wishes come true. That said, the characters are actually pretty well done. I think I recall Haku praising the characters and I see what he means. Even when the show uses clichéd anime tropes like the super-shy girl who is totally gonna be the main character's love interest, it does it in a way that isn't totally shallow.

It's still way too early for me to judge the show but I think I'm gonna like it. Has anyone else other than Haku seen the anime?

jkid101094

He wants me to watch it too but I'm the much less reliable person. I'm getting sick again though so anime time should be right around the corner.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

It'd be great if you stuck around for After Story, but that'd be like 50 episodes, so we'll see.

Also, Tomoya and Tomoyo are my faves.

And just a heads up, yes, there are supernatural elements in the anime as you have seen, but it stays pretty grounded for the most part.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Ioshyriku

Wikipedia says it's Drama, Fantasy and Romance.
Quote from: Elija2 on February 02, 2015, 08:10:46 PM
it feels like a harem.
That might be because it's based on a visual novel.

Hakudamashi

It's not a harem.

But because it's adapted from a Visual Novel with multiple routes, it's gonna feel like one especially in the beginning.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

There are 3 or 2 side 25 min OVAs  where he goes with other girls, if you're interested.

And in the VN, he can also go gay for Sunohara.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Cause she's the first girl you meet

Y'know, walking up the hill to school and there she is standing by herself randomly saying "Anpan"

Personally, I would have went with Tomoyo.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Hm?
I thought you were asking if she was obvious?

It's not like the VN forces her on you.

Well regardless, I like Nagisa, so whatevs.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Why is Assassin's Creed Unity not Assassin's Creed 5?

Yes, they are different paths.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

If you're asking why they're separated in the first place, it's to do with air time.
Long running shows gotta pay for their slot on TV, so when it comes time that they want to either improve their animation or get new staff or something like that, they either gotta make the old team do filler, pay to have the show on re-runs, or give up their slot.

So what they do is opt to give up the slot of the old show, and secure that slot to replace it with the "new show" where they get their new managment n' stuff.

Other long running anime like One Piece and Rurouni Kenshin didn't have to do that cause either their management and or tools remain unchanged, or their popularity was soo high, that even if they gave up their slot to be on hiatus, they could easily get it back.

That is my vague recollection of the explanation a friend gave me.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay