Eli's Adventures in Clannad Land
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Eli's Adventures in Clannad Land  (Read 5388 times)
Hakudamashi
Mr.Short Answer
Super Sonic! (+)

Activity
0%

I will treasure this always.

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2015, 06:26:02 AM »

Yeah
That really was everyone's fault.

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay
Elija2
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2015, 07:54:47 PM »

Everyone in this show is too forgiving. Other than when Tomoya was mad at his dad, nobody is angry about anything for an extended period of time. I think if I had to raise my own granddaughter because her deadbeat father wouldn't, I'd be a bit less forgiving than Nagisa's parents. But I suppose they're happy that it's over now. Even Kyou isn't mad at him, and she's the aggressive one!

Speaking of Kyou, she's still single, isn't she? It's not too late to fix your mistake, Tomoya!

It's kinda odd how quickly Ushio became comfortable around Tomoya. She barely sees him for five years but after one day of playing with him they're like best friends.

I swear everyone sings the dango family song differently each time.

I guess Nagisa's weird sickness is hereditary? How have their doctors not found out what their deal is? That shit is life-threatening!

Why the fuck are they walking outside in the winter cold!?!? WHAT THE HELL IS TOMOYA THINKING!?!?!? He's a terrible husband and a terrible parent!

Was all this shit in the VN, too? Why would they put all this depressing stuff in a dating VN? And to think that none of this would have happened if Tomoya just got with Kyou!

...oh...well...it looks like none of it happened anyway. What the hell just happened? Was Tomoya the robot thing? And Ushio was the girl? I honestly have no idea what's going on. And to make matters worse, they ruined the ending with a terribly-annoying scene with Fuko. But all that matters is that everyone lived happily ever after.

I guess it is too late for Tomoya to get with Kyou though. Oh man, and they were so close, too! If Nagisa hadn't skipped a year Tomoyo and Kyou would have totally been together!
Hakudamashi
Mr.Short Answer
Super Sonic! (+)

Activity
0%

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2015, 06:12:24 AM »

Well, you probably might enjoy the very last thing you need to watch.

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay
Elija2
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2015, 07:13:01 AM »

Wait, hold on. Were all those times that Nagisa and Tomoya were remembering the play actually times when they were remembering the alternate timeline where Nagisa died? Is this show pulling a 999?

Well, you probably might enjoy the very last thing you need to watch.

What's that? The Kyou thing?
Hakudamashi
Mr.Short Answer
Super Sonic! (+)

Activity
0%

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2015, 01:11:59 PM »

Wait, hold on. Were all those times that Nagisa and Tomoya were remembering the play actually times when they were remembering the alternate timeline where Nagisa died? Is this show pulling a 999?
Are you not entertained?

So, how bad was it? Now that you seen all the main stuff.

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay
Elija2
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2015, 03:59:42 PM »

Okay, so I read up on what the ending is supposed to mean... I think. So the girl from the dreams is Ushio and Tomoya is the robot. I kinda got that because they hinted at it in the last episode. What I didn't get is that apparently Tomoya was able to bring Nagisa back by collecting those orbs of light that were in the sky whenever he helped someone find happiness. Once he got enough his wish was granted and he was taken back in time to when Nagisa was giving birth. What is this, Fantasy Life (you'd get this joke is you played Fantasy Life)? But how the heck were Tomoya and Nagisa having dreams about that world before then? And how was Nagisa even having those dreams if she weren't in them? And why was Ushio in them if she wasn't even born yet when Tomoya started having them? And what did that scene where Tomoya and Nagisa walked past each other on the path to school even mean? How did Nagisa know about Tomoya's wish? And why did Fuko and Misae get their wishes granted differently (Fuko appeared as a "ghost" to make her own wish come true and Misae told someone else her wish which made him disappear forever)? And how did Misae remember her wish when nobody could remember Fuko's? Even after looking things up I still couldn't find answers to these questions. It would have been nice if the show took the time to explain this stuff properly in the last episode instead of ending it with that stupid scene with Fuko.

So, overall, After Story was still pretty good. It started out kinda boring but it got more interesting later on. What frustrates me is that they didn't explain the ending well at all. It's a pretty ambitious ending and I wish I could like it, but it's kinda ruined because nothing is explained properly and plot points don't quite come together. I didn't need to look things up to get the basic gist of what 999's ending meant, and that had a more complex story! It would have been a much more satisfying ending if things were explained well and it could have actually become one of my favourites. Unfortunately they blew it. And I'm kinda bummed that Tomoya and Nagisa's friends take a much smaller role in the latter half of this season, although it's nice that we got to see where they went in life.

I honestly don't know what to make of this season. The first half was as good as the first season and the second half was going somewhere really interesting, but the confusing ending left a sour taste in my mouth. Still, I like the show for doing something that most moe anime don't, even if it didn't pull things off as well as it could have.

Is it weird that Mei's story arc was probably my favourite thing in the entire anime? Mei was introduced as an annoying character but her arc was really compelling and it made me like her and Sunohara much more. It's too bad because if the ending was pulled off properly then the dream world story arc might have been my favourite. Sorry, I'm still frustrated about the ending.

My overall score is 7 giant boars out of 10.

I'll just pretend that the Kyou episode is the true ending, as it should be.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 04:15:26 PM by Elija2 » Logged
Hakudamashi
Mr.Short Answer
Super Sonic! (+)

Activity
0%

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2015, 05:48:36 PM »

I see, fortunately I didn't put soo much thought into the ending, I got that Tomoya collected enough orbs to have a wish granted, and that was enough for me.

Well, glad to know you didn't fucking hate it like I thought you would.

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay
Elija2
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2015, 06:01:13 PM »

I liked the first season, why would I hate the second one?
Hakudamashi
Mr.Short Answer
Super Sonic! (+)

Activity
0%

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2015, 06:07:14 PM »

Because I'm a very pessimistic nervous wreck.
I thought you figured that out.

So how was the Kyou episode?

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay
Elija2
« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2015, 06:11:53 PM »

You haven't gotten over the whole Mirai Nikki thing yet?

And I haven't watched the Kyou episode yet. I'm saving it for a very special occasion tomorrow.
Hakudamashi
Mr.Short Answer
Super Sonic! (+)

Activity
0%

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2015, 06:15:53 PM »

Oh, I'm over that, I'm talking in general.

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay
Elija2
« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2015, 06:25:34 PM »

You're just negative about everything for no good reason?
Hakudamashi
Mr.Short Answer
Super Sonic! (+)

Activity
0%

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2015, 02:30:13 AM »

Pretty much.

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay
Elija2
« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2015, 04:10:23 AM »

You should try saying the name of your favorite food out loud every time you're feeling negative. It might help you feel more positive.
Hakudamashi
Mr.Short Answer
Super Sonic! (+)

Activity
0%

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2015, 04:17:32 AM »

I'm not going to do that, ever.

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sonic Zone Version 16 - Designed by John Gillis Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines Valid! XHTML