Windows 10 will be a free upgrade to people with W7+

Started by Elija2, January 21, 2015, 06:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

Source

If you have Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, you'll be able to upgrade to Windows 10 when it's released for free (as long as you upgrade within the first year).

I wonder if jkid's Irene will be able to handle it.

Ioshyriku

Is it for people who just have Win7 installed or people who have bought it.

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Ioshyriku

Moonlight Enchilada

I've seen posts about this, but apparently it's "for the first year" or something? sneaky

Made by the Eternal Goddessu!~

Hakudamashi

Or pirate it
Like always
Since they don't sell to us lowly islanders.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Moonlight Enchilada

Quote from: Elija2 on January 23, 2015, 06:47:11 AM
You'll be able to upgrade for free for the first year after it releases. Once you do, you'll have it forever. If you don't upgrade within the first year you'll have to pay for it.

Is that so? I may or may not upgrade if it's any good. Mind you I've only just really gotten used to W8;

Made by the Eternal Goddessu!~

jkid101094

Oh wow.
So I finally got my upgrade and boy is this...different.

It's going to take a bit of an adjustment after being on 7 and Vista for so long but so far I'm liking everything. Irene hasn't stopped her occasional program crashing habits but I'll have to wait and see what I can do to make her run smoother.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

NiGHTSfan

im never upgrading to windows 10 it looks bad right now alot of my favorite stuff has been taken away and i cant use most of the stuff i have on my computer no thanks microshit

TheGameNinja

just upgraded from 8.1 to 10, not noticing much difference other than some stylistic changes and cortana

oh and that thing that isn't but is internet explorer that i won't ever open

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on August 06, 2015, 07:12:48 AM
How's Cortana?
If you recall I said, "If I can't rename her, she will be disabled."

Needless to say when I asked her about it she gave me the middle finger so I gave her a one-way ticket to the town of Nopeville.

Unrelated but the change also proved to be a bit more visually drastic then I had anticipated so I made some edits to make everything a bit closer to Windows 7.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

New start menu, edits to the task bar and sounds. You know, the usual.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

I could but just didn't want to. Besides the sound for changing the volume got annoying during videos because it was more of a chime than anything.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.