Club Nintendo shutting down

Started by Elija2, January 19, 2015, 09:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

Source

After more than six years of delivering fun Nintendo-themed rewards to its members, Club Nintendo is preparing to shut down. Nintendo's loyalty-rewards program rewarded members with a variety of items, such as downloadable games, Nintendo posters or character figures in exchange for Coins that members earned by registering products or completing surveys. Club Nintendo members in the United States and Canada can earn additional Coins through the end of March, and can redeem those Coins through the end of June. Nintendo of America will be announcing a new customer loyalty program at a later date.

"We thank all Club Nintendo members for their dedication to Nintendo games and their ongoing love for our systems and characters," said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. "We want to make this time of transition as easy as possible for our loyal Club Nintendo members, so we are going to add dozens of new rewards and downloadable games to help members clear out their Coin balances."

Nintendo will add a number of physical reward options for members in February. Members will also be able to choose from a lineup of many downloadable games. As a gift to Club Nintendo members, the Flipnote Studio 3D software will be available to download for free in February. This software will allow users to create unique three-dimensional animations and to exchange their creations via local wireless with others who also own Flipnote Studio 3D. Users who uploaded creations to Flipnote Hatena will be able to download their personal animations from the Nintendo DSi Library menu in Flipnote Studio 3D software. Flipnote Studio 3D will be available to Club Nintendo members until June 30. The ability to create a new Club Nintendo account will end on March 31. All users who register to Club Nintendo before registration closes will be eligible to receive Flipnote Studio 3D.

The end of an era, although Club Nintendo has been pretty shit lately. It's good to hear that they'll be making the last few months worthwhile to members though. And hey, we're finally getting Flipnote Studio 3D! Almost two years after we were originally supposed to, but I'll take it.

Those of you with Club Nintendo codes lying around had better redeem them while you still can.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Damnit. I'm only about 10 coins away from Platinum...Looks like I won't be getting my Robin Amiibo after all.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on January 20, 2015, 06:21:50 AM
Damnit. I'm only about 10 coins away from Platinum...Looks like I won't be getting my Robin Amiibo after all.

Did you register Pokemon Bank, Steel Diver: Sub Wars, and Rusty's Real Deal Baseball?

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

I know, just wanted to know if you got the free coins for downloading them.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Platinum members are just gonna get a digital game so it's not like you're missing out.

jkid101094

I think you missed the part where I was doing it anyway.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Elija2

So the last batch of rewards is up and man, they aren't messing around in the digital games department. A ton of great rewards. I think I'll get NSMB2.

jkid101094

It booted me off for site maintenance.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Yeah, might want to wait a bit. Site's probably getting hammered.

Hakudamashi

I can finally get Star Fox 64 3D

Been wanting that forever.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

I got New Super Mario Bros. 2 because whatever.

Starfox 64 3D is kinda a ripoff at 700 coins. I mean, it was a ripoff at $40 too.