Club Nintendo shutting down

Started by Elija2, January 19, 2015, 09:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

Source

After more than six years of delivering fun Nintendo-themed rewards to its members, Club Nintendo is preparing to shut down. Nintendo's loyalty-rewards program rewarded members with a variety of items, such as downloadable games, Nintendo posters or character figures in exchange for Coins that members earned by registering products or completing surveys. Club Nintendo members in the United States and Canada can earn additional Coins through the end of March, and can redeem those Coins through the end of June. Nintendo of America will be announcing a new customer loyalty program at a later date.

"We thank all Club Nintendo members for their dedication to Nintendo games and their ongoing love for our systems and characters," said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. "We want to make this time of transition as easy as possible for our loyal Club Nintendo members, so we are going to add dozens of new rewards and downloadable games to help members clear out their Coin balances."

Nintendo will add a number of physical reward options for members in February. Members will also be able to choose from a lineup of many downloadable games. As a gift to Club Nintendo members, the Flipnote Studio 3D software will be available to download for free in February. This software will allow users to create unique three-dimensional animations and to exchange their creations via local wireless with others who also own Flipnote Studio 3D. Users who uploaded creations to Flipnote Hatena will be able to download their personal animations from the Nintendo DSi Library menu in Flipnote Studio 3D software. Flipnote Studio 3D will be available to Club Nintendo members until June 30. The ability to create a new Club Nintendo account will end on March 31. All users who register to Club Nintendo before registration closes will be eligible to receive Flipnote Studio 3D.

The end of an era, although Club Nintendo has been pretty shit lately. It's good to hear that they'll be making the last few months worthwhile to members though. And hey, we're finally getting Flipnote Studio 3D! Almost two years after we were originally supposed to, but I'll take it.

Those of you with Club Nintendo codes lying around had better redeem them while you still can.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Damnit. I'm only about 10 coins away from Platinum...Looks like I won't be getting my Robin Amiibo after all.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on January 20, 2015, 06:21:50 AM
Damnit. I'm only about 10 coins away from Platinum...Looks like I won't be getting my Robin Amiibo after all.

Did you register Pokemon Bank, Steel Diver: Sub Wars, and Rusty's Real Deal Baseball?

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

I know, just wanted to know if you got the free coins for downloading them.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Platinum members are just gonna get a digital game so it's not like you're missing out.

jkid101094

I think you missed the part where I was doing it anyway.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Elija2

So the last batch of rewards is up and man, they aren't messing around in the digital games department. A ton of great rewards. I think I'll get NSMB2.

jkid101094

It booted me off for site maintenance.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Yeah, might want to wait a bit. Site's probably getting hammered.

Hakudamashi

I can finally get Star Fox 64 3D

Been wanting that forever.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

I got New Super Mario Bros. 2 because whatever.

Starfox 64 3D is kinda a ripoff at 700 coins. I mean, it was a ripoff at $40 too.

Hakudamashi

I already own everything else I care about
And I have 760 coins, and 2 3DS games to register.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Not that Nintendo made it hard to save up. What else were you gonna spend them on, greetings cards?

Hakudamashi

I couldn't get them even if I wanted to.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

TheGameNinja

I would suggest getting Grill-Off with Ultra Hand! and Doc Louis's Punch-Out!! because Club Nintendo's the only way to get those games.

Elija2

Quote from: TheGameNinja on February 03, 2015, 04:22:31 PM
I would suggest getting Grill-Off with Ultra Hand! and Doc Louis's Punch-Out!! because Club Nintendo's the only way to get those games.

That's only if you care about collecting rare games, because otherwise those games are pretty lackluster. Grill-Off ain't that bad of a deal for 80 coins, but Doc Louis is a ripoff for 250 coins. It's only one fight!

Hakudamashi

But think of the bragging rights.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

"Look at me, I wasted 250 coins!"

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

There are so many better things you can spend 250 coins on.

Hakudamashi

None of which are super duper special rare.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Getting a New 3DS so my wallet is going to be replenished.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on February 04, 2015, 12:21:27 PM
Getting a New 3DS so my wallet is going to be replenished.

The New 3DS doesn't give you Club Nintendo coins. Neither will any new games like Majora's Mask 3D.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Hakudamashi

Well I have Omega Ruby and Dream Team codes if you want them.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Nah. Mom said she'll give me $20 to spend of cheap games. Probably Eshop stuff.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on February 04, 2015, 12:39:31 PM
Well I have Omega Ruby and Dream Team codes if you want them.

I'll take them if jkid is too humble to.

jkid101094

Got the bright idea to register my sister's 3DS XL before we return it for the NEW 3DS. 160 coins for me!

Edit:
And then it decided that I can't be happy.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

How clever of you to use a code that you have to get coins.

jkid101094

Never occurred to me, but it wouldn't let me register it for some reason. Whenever Shantae and the Pirate's Curse shows up on my account I can just complete it's survey.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Also a heads up to the people who haven't done it yet, but there are free games that you can download to earn coins: Steel Diver, Real Deal Baseball, and Pokemon Bank on 3DS, and Lucadian Chronicles and Zen Pinball 2 on Wii U. If you download them all then that's a free 65 coins.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on February 04, 2015, 03:06:16 PM
This game ate my mom's bank account.

You're supposed to haggle! HAGGLE!

sonicamyforever

i love sa2b

Elija2

I'm considering getting Star Fox and Minis on the Move. I NEED IMPRESSIONS.

TheGameNinja

So will all the Club Nintendo cards in games, systems, etc. work with the new thing they set up after Club Nintendo ends or should we use all those now if we have them? Because I bought my girlfriend a 3DS XL and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire but we were going to wait til next time to register them. Better to use the codes now or wait and see if we can use them when the new service starts?

Elija2

Quote from: TheGameNinja on February 08, 2015, 08:13:03 AM
So will all the Club Nintendo cards in games, systems, etc. work with the new thing they set up after Club Nintendo ends or should we use all those now if we have them? Because I bought my girlfriend a 3DS XL and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire but we were going to wait til next time to register them. Better to use the codes now or wait and see if we can use them when the new service starts?

Use up all your codes now.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Conglaturations.

How's your Stairfax?

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Is it better than 3 copies of Urban Champion though?

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Just got Storefix 64. Bummer that the game doesn't have online.

I should also have enough coins later on to get Minis on the Move. After that I'll probably be done.

Hakudamashi

I have 190 coins and nothing to do with 'em.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Elija2

My Club Nintendo account got deactivated because I used an exploit to get more coins. I hope the Platinum rewards suck this year so I don't feel bad about it.

Hakudamashi

I hope they're superduperspecialawesome so I can laugh at how stupid you are.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Please don't laugh at my misery.

Elija2

Club Nintendo Gold/Platinum rewards are up. Phew, nothing that I really want. No regrets!

Haku, this is totally your chance to finally get Animal Crossing!

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Says most people who played it, actually.

jkid101094

Nothing too great here. I'm probably getting Mario Party: Island Tour since I have no reason to get anything else.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

The Platinum rewards are actually worse than the regular rewards you can get. Most of the Platinum rewards for Wii U owners are eShop-only games, and are they seriously giving away ports of Wii games? 3DS owners get a slightly better deal, but the selection is still worse than the rewards that anyone can redeem for coins.

Final Haul

• Star Fox 64 3D
  • New Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move
  • 3D Classics: Twinbee (because fuck it)

RIP Club Nintendo

jkid101094

I wish I could even get on the site long enough to get my code.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Hakudamashi

Decided on Mario Kart 7

I'm not getting New Leaf cause I have to play that everyday and I'm not that commited.
Not getting Yoshi's New Island cause I'm getting Yoshi's Wooly World and dun wanna get burned out
Not getting Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze cause I want that on disc so I can lend it to others.
Having Mario Kart on both handheld and console is convenient anyways
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

SmashFinale

Remember that club nintendo can sometimes be extended to other rewards like with the Smash 3DS demo last year.

Elija2

Quote from: SmashFinale on April 02, 2015, 09:35:29 AM
Remember that club nintendo can sometimes be extended to other rewards like with the Smash 3DS demo last year.

I don't think they'll be doing anything like that anymore. After they send out the Mewtwo codes, that'll probably be it for Club Nintendo.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on April 02, 2015, 07:04:05 AM
Now we have to play online together.
We have before

In fact, we play most often on 3DS
It's the easiest to set up y'know?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on April 02, 2015, 12:15:40 PM
We have before

In fact, we play most often on 3DS
It's the easiest to set up y'know?

I mean we have to play Mario Kart. Together. Soon.

Hakudamashi

Well Club nintendo has to stop derping long enough for me to get it first.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

That's fine, I can wait a week.

Chimmy Chonga

After hours of struggling with the Club Nintendo site, I was able to get some gud stuff.

• Fierce Deity Link Jigsaw Puzzle
  • Super Mario Land 2 for 3DS
  • Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga for Wii U

I already own most of the actual 3DS/Wii U games they were offering so I settled for emulated titles. :V

shrinky dinks

SmashFinale

Quote from: Stachekip on April 03, 2015, 08:14:38 AM
After hours of struggling with the Club Nintendo site, I was able to get some gud stuff.

• Fierce Deity Link Jigsaw Puzzle
  • Super Mario Land 2 for 3DS
  • Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga for Wii U
I already own most of the actual 3DS/Wii U games they were offering so I settled for emulated titles. :V
Enjoy Superstar Sega. :)

Hakudamashi

It stopped derping long enough so I got MK7
But I still got 190 coins to get rid of.
suggestions?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Wait for the MK7 post-play survey to get 10 more coins, then buy Tokyo Crash Mobs.

Either that or some Virtual Console game.

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on April 03, 2015, 02:25:01 PM
Wait for the MK7 post-play survey to get 10 more coins, then buy Tokyo Crash Mobs.

Either that or some Virtual Console game.
You can't get any more coins.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

I hope none of you guys bought any of the physical rewards because they just slashed the coin prices on all of them. I feel bad for whoever spent 800 coins on that Zelda jigsaw puzzle.