Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Started by Elija2, January 16, 2015, 09:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

I just completed all the egg delivering quests. Anyone who has played a Monster Hunter game knows how much of a pain those things are. They're not even fun so I don't know why they keep including them. I guess they've become sort of a series staple, but fuck staples. I'm just glad I'm done with them.

Elija2

There might not seem like much new content this month, but that White Fatalis is sure to keep you busy for a while!

In related news, I recently finished every single-player quest in the game. Well, except for the last one, but it's totally bullshit! I have to fight an Apex Deviljho, an Apex Diablos, and an Apex Seregios at the same time?!?! And it's in the Arena so they're all in the same area! If you run out of smoke bombs or use one too late then you're screwed! You don't stand a chance when more than one monster is aggroed! It sucks because I could totally take them on one at a time, but they shove two at you at once! Fuck that noise!

jkid101094

That's Monster Hunter for you. Mark of a Hero was a bitch and a half.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Fuck Arena quests with multiple monsters in general. I hate having to sheath my weapon every few seconds to throw down another smoke bomb so that the second monster doesn't go aggro on me. With multiple people they're bearable, unless one idiot goes gung-ho and aggroes both monsters at once. Doing the Star Knight armour quest was unbearable because of this, but luckily I found a room where people were a bit coordinated.

jkid101094

Apparently the trick is to place yourself between each monster so that one kills the other trying to hit you but that's never worked for me at all. What I'd do is just stock up on traps, Keg Bombs, Traq Bombs and the ingredients to make as many as possible and just pray that I could cheese my way through the fights be making them as immobile as possible.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

The best tactic I've heard is to throw down a smoke bomb right away so that neither monsters can see you, and then aggro only one of them so that you can fight them one at a time. It worked really well for the Star Knight armour quest (once I could get people to cooperate).

jkid101094

I've never used Smoke Bombs before. Then again Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate are two entirely different beasts so I may just be out of the loop.

I can't remember if I used my bowgun set in 3U but those piercing shots wrecked shop, IIRC. Then again, I'm not sure about the specifics of the mission you're stuck on. I got pretty good at destroying Deviljho in 3U but I've yet to face him in 4U. Has he changed big time? If the mission is like Mark of a Hero I have to assume you find him first and then the other two, no?

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 07, 2015, 10:49:40 AM
I've never used Smoke Bombs before. Then again Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate are two entirely different beasts so I may just be out of the loop.

I can't remember if I used my bowgun set in 3U but those piercing shots wrecked shop, IIRC. Then again, I'm not sure about the specifics of the mission you're stuck on. I got pretty good at destroying Deviljho in 3U but I've yet to face him in 4U. Has he changed big time? If the mission is like Mark of a Hero I have to assume you find him first and then the other two, no?

You never use smoke bombs? Dude, they make it so that the monsters in the entire area won't aggro unless you're right up to them or attack them. It's super-useful in these quests because you can throw one down, aggro one monster, lure them away from the other one, and then take them down without having to worry about the other one attacking you. Of course, the smoke only lasts temporarily so you have to keep throwing them down. It's probably easier to do that if you're a Sword and Shield user since they can use items with their weapon out.

I don't think I ever fought Deviljho in MH3U so I can't comment on how he's changed. I never got that far in MH3U, mainly because there was no online multiplayer. In this mission I'm stuck on you have to fight an Apex Seregios and an Apex Diablos together first, and then after you kill the first one you have a moment before the Apex Deviljho spawns. It's brutal.

Elija2

FUCK YEAH, I managed to beat that stupid Master's Test quest. And with that, I'm done with all of the single-player quests. I wish there was a cool reward for finishing them all. When you beat all the low-rank quests you get the rainbow colour pigment for your armour, but for beating all the high-rank quests you get nothing! What's up with that?

Now I just have to finish the G3 urgent quest. I always hate doing urgent quests because only the person who initiates the quest gets to rank up. I'd feel bad to just ditch the room after beating it so whenever someone helps me with my urgent quest I always help them with theirs, but the Dah'ren Mohran, Dalamadur and Gogmazios quests are so time-consuming that I never feel like doing them twice. I actually did the Dah'ren Mohran and Dalamadur urgent quests solo just so I wouldn't have to worry about it (and also because I was tired of people carting during the Dalamadur quest), but I doubt I'll be able to beat Gogmazios on my own. Hell, the Dalamadur quest nearly took me the full 50 minutes to beat solo (and that's not counting all the failed attempts)! I'll probably just ask some people at NeoGAF to help me out with Gogmazios since they're usually pretty friendly about helping others.

Elija2

I was lucky enough to find a great group of randoms to help me with my Gogmazios quest. Even with 4 good people, the quest still took 20 minutes and we almost carted 3 times. I never want to do that quest ever again, unless jkid wants me to help him with it (aka never).

Now I am the coveted G bronze crown rank. I should be able to upgrade my crown to silver but there is no way I will ever be able to reach gold. To get it you have to beat a Tigrex, a Zinogre, a Brachydios, a Gore Magala and a Seregios all at once in the Arena. And I thought The Master's Test was hard! To get silver I only have to defeat an Apex Rajang, and yeah I known that just fighting a regular Rajang was hard for me but at least this time I'll be able to fight it with others.

Elija2

That Pep Squad Palico gear looks pretty rad and thankfully it's pretty easy to get so I might actually go for that. There's also a new Gogmazios quest... hahahaha, fuck that.

Elija2

Nothing too special this time other than some gear that look cool but aren't really practical. There's a G-rank Dalamadur quest if anyone is enough of a sadist to grind it for materials. The GX Hunter armour set is available now too, but I'm not too keen on grinding a Furious Rajang for it.

Sadly this is the second to last month of free DLC. Hopefully they end it with a bang (although we already know what Japanese DLC they have yet to release).

Ioshyriku

Elija2

Well, Some cool stuff was added like the Esurient armour set and monster masks. Not exactly the climactic end to the DLC packs that I was hoping for, but they had a good run. Look at all this stuff we got:

• 120 Quests
  • 18 Armor sets
  • 14 Unique armor pieces
  • 34 Weapons
  • 22 Palico equipment sets
  • 9 Bonus Palicoes
  • 4 Palico costumes
  • 5 Guild Card poses
  • 20 Guild Card backgrounds
  • 78 Guild Card titles

And sure, it was all on-cart DLC but it was still nice to be given new stuff to do every month. Not that I actually did them all though. Maybe I would have if any of you jerks would actually play with me! >:(

Elija2

Hey, this game is on sale for only $23.99 on the eShop during Nintendo's Black Friday sale. Everyone who doesn't have it yet should totally get it! If you do, I'll even carry you to G rank myself!