Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Started by Elija2, January 16, 2015, 09:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

Is there a way to filter these quests out?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

If you remain in Low Rank you'll be unable to participate in High and G Rank quests. You can also just start a quest yourself and avoid the exploits entirely.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 16, 2015, 12:02:03 PM
I'm all for these but not if they're as insane as the ones in that video. I also don't think it'd hurt for people to make easier variants of the special quests for people like me who want the Megaman Palico items but are stuck in Low Rank.

But that's cheating!

I think the whole point of this is to give people who are at the end of the game something else to do. People who are near the beginning still have a whole game's worth of content to play.

And I've told you a million times that I'd be willing to help you get out of Low Rank but you wouldn't listen! Take the help when you can get it, man.

Quote from: Hakudamashi on July 16, 2015, 12:03:39 PM
Is there a way to filter these quests out?

I don't think there's a way to filter them out of the online lobby search but if you pay attention to what quests you're joining you should be able to avoid them. Of if you notice that your HR suddenly jumps to 999 at the end of a quest then you can just power off without saving.

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on July 16, 2015, 12:12:49 PM
But that's cheating!
That argument has never stopped me before.

Monster Hunter games have a stupid level of tedium to them. I'm up for anything that makes that more bearable and unfortunately playing with you isn't the solution I'm looking for.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 16, 2015, 12:15:19 PM
Monster Hunter games have a stupid level of tedium to them. I'm up for anything that makes that more bearable and unfortunately playing with you isn't the solution I'm looking for.

Uhh, your problem was that you couldn't beat the monster that unlocks High Rank. That has nothing to do with tedium, and the solution is to play that quest with other people (preferably me) because that's the whole point of the Gathering Hall quests.

jkid101094

My problem was that I didn't feel like farming the parts to fight cribblecrab or whatever the fuck his name is.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 16, 2015, 12:35:30 PM
My problem was that I didn't feel like farming the parts to fight cribblecrab or whatever the fuck his name is.

Maybe Monster Hunter isn't for you.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on July 16, 2015, 12:12:49 PM
I don't think there's a way to filter them out of the online lobby search but if you pay attention to what quests you're joining you should be able to avoid them. Of if you notice that your HR suddenly jumps to 999 at the end of a quest then you can just power off without saving.
And then report your team-mates to the police. 
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on July 16, 2015, 01:50:24 PM
And then report your team-mates to the police. 

Well you can block people so that you won't be paired up with them.

jkid101094

http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/

So it seems you can't actually create your own quests because of the process being used. Unfortunately this means I can't use them to cheat but hopefully once all the DLC is released Capcom decides to leave the exploit unpatched to let the community breath some life into the game.

Quote from: Elija2 on July 16, 2015, 12:40:15 PM
Maybe Monster Hunter isn't for you.
Just another reason not to play it with you then.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on July 16, 2015, 01:57:33 PM
Well you can block people so that you won't be paired up with them.
That method has a severe lack of guns.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 16, 2015, 01:59:19 PM
Unfortunately this means I can't use them to cheat

Boo hoo.

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 16, 2015, 01:59:19 PM
Just another reason not to play it with you then.

Yeah, because playing with me would actually make it less tedious, and we can't have that.

Quote from: Hakudamashi on July 16, 2015, 02:04:43 PM
That method has a severe lack of guns.

Well you could always shoot them with a bowgun, but that would make you an asshole.

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on July 16, 2015, 02:13:46 PM
Yeah, because playing with me would actually make it less tedious, and we can't have that.
Considering we're talking about you it'd probably go from tedious to unbearable.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 16, 2015, 02:16:41 PM
Considering we're talking about you it'd probably go from tedious to unbearable.

What the hell do you have against me, man?

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on July 16, 2015, 02:13:46 PM
Well you could always shoot them with a bowgun, but that would make you an asshole.
I'm ok with this.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay