NoPinkSpandex.com and Super Mega Force

Started by jkid101094, January 09, 2015, 08:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkid101094

http://awwman.com/nps/main/

Yes, this is a thing, and apparently they've actually had interviews with Amy Jo Johnson. Who is Amy Jo Johnson, you ask? She was the Pink Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger for the series' first three years and as a kid I absolutely adored her. So much, in fact, that I actually went as her for Halloween multiple times...yeah, I was that kid.

So why is this all important? Well I recently got back into MMPR and whilst looking through through the wiki I stumbled upon this site which was apparently named after her. Despite their name, however, they have apparently conducted multiple interviews with Amy which are worth listening to because she's legitimately a cool person.

So what does this all boil down to? Well apparently in one of her interviews with the site she stated that no one formally contacted her regarding the finale to Power Rangers: Super Megaforce.

This scene is nostalgic and really cool, but I can't help with be disappointing by the fact that several rangers probably had similar experiences to Amy Jo. It would have been amazing to see her reprise her role in a modern episode.

From what I can gather Saban apparently "approached" 60 vet rangers via mass Email. Then, of the few that replied only 10 were selected to actually appear on screen. I get that budgets are a big problem but could someone really not call or Email 60 people? I feel like there's a department for this kind of thing.

TL;DR I'm butthurt because my favorite Power Ranger didn't get into the anniversary episode.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

I'd rather have the topic die than have to read another one of your smart ass comments.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Ioshyriku

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Ioshyriku

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Hakudamashi on January 10, 2015, 12:28:44 PM
I dunno, is it a problem?
No it isn't, which is why I'm curious as to why you'd even ask about it.

Quote from: Elija2 on January 10, 2015, 12:35:38 PM
Doing something that you like despite risking getting picked on for it is an admirable thing. I look up to jkid.
Thank you.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Because you don't get to tease me about it.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

You act like Power Rangers is supposed to be a guilty pleasure.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Hakudamashi on January 10, 2015, 02:46:41 PM
It's not?
No. Lots of adults still watch the new Power Rangers shows. It's part of the 90's nerd culture. Off the top of my head I know Nazo and TGN both still care about it.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay