Main Menu

Ask Haku all of the things.

Started by Hakudamashi, December 15, 2014, 02:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

I don't see the point in getting upset about things I can't change.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

We can change it. Publishers have been swayed by large backlashes before.

Hakudamashi

So what makes you think that's going to stop? In fact, it's only become easier to do so with all the social media and what not.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on August 31, 2015, 11:16:11 AM
So what makes you think that's going to stop? In fact, it's only become easier to do so with all the social media and what not.

I don't think protests are going to stop, I just don't think that there are currently enough people protesting to sway the big publishers' decisions. People like you who think that there shouldn't be protests at all certainly aren't helping.

Hakudamashi

That's not what I said.
I personally am not getting involved, yes, but I never said there should be no protests.

The bottom line of what I'm getting at is that devs should do what they want, and we should leave it to the fans and their audience to do the protesting, since they're the ones giving the money.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on August 31, 2015, 12:17:02 PM
That's not what I said.
I personally am not getting involved, yes, but I never said there should be no protests.

The bottom line of what I'm getting at is that devs should do what they want, and we should leave it to the fans and their audience to do the protesting, since they're the ones giving the money.

Then why did you say this?

Quote from: Hakudamashi on August 30, 2015, 04:16:17 PM
Just keep supporting and buying the things you like and stop concerning yourself with what everyone else is doing, you'll drive yourself mad.

Hakudamashi

That was directed at you specifically, cause I was under the impression you were talking about a bigger picture that didn't affect the games you actually play.

Then again, I don't know your library.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Well, am I not allowed to complain about something I'm not necessarily interested in even if I think my complaints are valid?

Hakudamashi

You're allowed to do whatever you want, but I'd advise against it.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on September 01, 2015, 02:43:16 AM
You're allowed to do whatever you want, but I'd advise against it.

Why?

Hakudamashi

Just to give one example

You know of Street Fighter, but never played any of the games. SF5 comes out on a system you actually own and decide now you want to try it out. You look up info on it and find Chun Li's jiggle physics.
You're not into jiggle physics cause reasons and decide to speak against it, but fans of Street fighter since the beginning would politely tell you to shut the fuck up as they have been asking for this since ever.

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on September 01, 2015, 08:50:02 AM
Just to give one example

You know of Street Fighter, but never played any of the games. SF5 comes out on a system you actually own and decide now you want to try it out. You look up info on it and find Chun Li's jiggle physics.
You're not into jiggle physics cause reasons and decide to speak against it, but fans of Street fighter since the beginning would politely tell you to shut the fuck up as they have been asking for this since ever.

There are plenty of Street Fighter fans who don't like jiggle physics. And besides, are someone's criticisms wrong just because they're not a fan of the thing they're criticizing?

Ioshyriku

Jiggle physics actually make sense in her case since her breasts are a little big.

jkid101094

It's also common knowledge that Chun-Li doesn't wear bras.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on September 01, 2015, 09:07:41 AM
There are plenty of Street Fighter fans who don't like jiggle physics. And besides, are someone's criticisms wrong just because they're not a fan of the thing they're criticizing?
Again, I don't know, or care about wrong or right, and you're free to do what you want

But I will advise against speaking about topics that you yourself are not particularly invested in.
God forbid we live in an age where any random Joe's opinion has more or equal weight than someone who's been a fan for years.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay