Songs that would fit well in a video game

Started by Elija2, November 30, 2014, 04:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

What are some songs that you think would fit well in a video game's soundtrack if the vocals were removed? I'm not talking about a song that would fit into the licensed soundtrack of a sports game or something like that, I'm talking about a song that would fit in as the background tune to a level or something. Something that could fit in as an original composition for a video game's soundtrack. Bonus points if you explain what kind of setting the song would fit in.

has a very carefree tropical vibe around it so I feel like it would fit well in something like a peaceful seaside village.

technically made a small appearance in an obscure video game as a song on the radio, but since it's an instrumental I feel like it would fit better as an actual background tune. Since it's a pretty intense song I feel like it would play during an action battle, perhaps during some kind of star war.

is a pretty dark and mellow tune, with an almost ethereal atmosphere to it. It sounds like something that would fit in a dream sequence or during some kind of spiritual event.

is a pretty fast-paced rock song so I feel like it would fit well in a game where you gotta go fast.

I could post a dozen examples from this artist because they originally did compose music for video games, but for now I'll just go with It's a pretty catchy and lighthearted song so I feel like it would fit as the background tune to a level in a kid-friendly platforming game.

jkid101094

Did I not make this topic here already? I made it on GoW and meant to just Copy/Paste it over.

This would totally work for a menu theme in an RPG or something. Maybe a final dungeon theme depending on the game.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

I'm pretty sure you didn't make a topic here so I guess I beat ya to it!

That song would be a weird final dungeon theme.

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

shadowDOESrock

Yeah, also, every song in existance.
There's not one single song that would not fit in a videogame nowdays, just like there is no single song that would not fit a movie.

Ioshyriku

Quote from: Elija2 on November 30, 2014, 08:22:32 PM
That's because Persona is a weird game.
Really? For me it's the only game that seems normal.
Your world must be fascinating.

Elija2

Quote from: Crystal Candy on December 01, 2014, 03:22:11 AM
Yeah, also, every song in existance.
There's not one single song that would not fit in a videogame nowdays, just like there is no single song that would not fit a movie.

I take it this is you signing up for the duty of describing how every song in existence could fit inside a video game.

Quote from: Ioshyriku on December 01, 2014, 04:44:55 AM
Really? For me it's the only game that seems normal.
Your world must be fascinating.

We live in the same world!

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on December 01, 2014, 08:51:30 AM
I take it this is you signing up for the duty of describing how every song in existence could fit inside a video game.

The same way it fits in a movie.
Games are such a diverse medium, not restricted anymore by specificallities. It can play in the background of stage, during a certain scripted sequence, during a cutscene, in the radio, in the opening - e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e.

Elija2

Did you miss the part where I said that it should be something that would fit in as an original composition for a video game, not something that would fit in a licensed soundtrack?

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on December 01, 2014, 11:04:36 AM
Did you miss the part where I said that it should be something that would fit in as an original composition for a video game, not something that would fit in a licensed soundtrack?

Still stands. Games are so diverse, have so many different tones and kinds of games. It is literally impossible to make a track that would not fit in one game.

Elija2

Quote from: Crystal Candy on December 01, 2014, 11:15:29 AM
Still stands. Games are so diverse, have so many different tones and kinds of games. It is literally impossible to make a track that would not fit in one game.

Then name one.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on December 01, 2014, 11:38:49 AM
Then name one.

I understand what you're trying to accomplish here, but no.
You know exactly what I ment

Elija2

All I'm trying to accomplish is some fun discussion and sharing of music. Stop being such a fun-killing machine.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on December 01, 2014, 03:56:52 PM
That's what Kyo does best though.

You're the very last fucking person to say that, after your fucking bitchfit after I changed "chicks" to "women".

Very. Fucking. Last.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Ioshyriku

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Killercobra159

SuperXShadowX

If your Missing come on home

Post Merge: April 03, 2016, 09:05:49 AM

Wolf In Sheep's Clothing

Gilly

Quote from: SuperXShadowX on April 03, 2016, 08:03:36 AM
If your Missing come on home

Post Merge: April 03, 2016, 09:05:49 AM

Wolf In Sheep's Clothing

Stop trying to double post or you will be banned.

SuperXShadowX

SuperXShadowX

Gilly

Yeah, both of those new members have just got themselves banned to say the least

Elija2

"Both"

As if they weren't the same person.