Songs that would fit well in a video game

Started by Elija2, November 30, 2014, 04:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

What are some songs that you think would fit well in a video game's soundtrack if the vocals were removed? I'm not talking about a song that would fit into the licensed soundtrack of a sports game or something like that, I'm talking about a song that would fit in as the background tune to a level or something. Something that could fit in as an original composition for a video game's soundtrack. Bonus points if you explain what kind of setting the song would fit in.

has a very carefree tropical vibe around it so I feel like it would fit well in something like a peaceful seaside village.

technically made a small appearance in an obscure video game as a song on the radio, but since it's an instrumental I feel like it would fit better as an actual background tune. Since it's a pretty intense song I feel like it would play during an action battle, perhaps during some kind of star war.

is a pretty dark and mellow tune, with an almost ethereal atmosphere to it. It sounds like something that would fit in a dream sequence or during some kind of spiritual event.

is a pretty fast-paced rock song so I feel like it would fit well in a game where you gotta go fast.

I could post a dozen examples from this artist because they originally did compose music for video games, but for now I'll just go with It's a pretty catchy and lighthearted song so I feel like it would fit as the background tune to a level in a kid-friendly platforming game.

jkid101094

Did I not make this topic here already? I made it on GoW and meant to just Copy/Paste it over.

This would totally work for a menu theme in an RPG or something. Maybe a final dungeon theme depending on the game.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

I'm pretty sure you didn't make a topic here so I guess I beat ya to it!

That song would be a weird final dungeon theme.

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

shadowDOESrock

Yeah, also, every song in existance.
There's not one single song that would not fit in a videogame nowdays, just like there is no single song that would not fit a movie.

Ioshyriku

Quote from: Elija2 on November 30, 2014, 08:22:32 PM
That's because Persona is a weird game.
Really? For me it's the only game that seems normal.
Your world must be fascinating.

Elija2

Quote from: Crystal Candy on December 01, 2014, 03:22:11 AM
Yeah, also, every song in existance.
There's not one single song that would not fit in a videogame nowdays, just like there is no single song that would not fit a movie.

I take it this is you signing up for the duty of describing how every song in existence could fit inside a video game.

Quote from: Ioshyriku on December 01, 2014, 04:44:55 AM
Really? For me it's the only game that seems normal.
Your world must be fascinating.

We live in the same world!

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on December 01, 2014, 08:51:30 AM
I take it this is you signing up for the duty of describing how every song in existence could fit inside a video game.

The same way it fits in a movie.
Games are such a diverse medium, not restricted anymore by specificallities. It can play in the background of stage, during a certain scripted sequence, during a cutscene, in the radio, in the opening - e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e.

Elija2

Did you miss the part where I said that it should be something that would fit in as an original composition for a video game, not something that would fit in a licensed soundtrack?

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on December 01, 2014, 11:04:36 AM
Did you miss the part where I said that it should be something that would fit in as an original composition for a video game, not something that would fit in a licensed soundtrack?

Still stands. Games are so diverse, have so many different tones and kinds of games. It is literally impossible to make a track that would not fit in one game.

Elija2

Quote from: Crystal Candy on December 01, 2014, 11:15:29 AM
Still stands. Games are so diverse, have so many different tones and kinds of games. It is literally impossible to make a track that would not fit in one game.

Then name one.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on December 01, 2014, 11:38:49 AM
Then name one.

I understand what you're trying to accomplish here, but no.
You know exactly what I ment

Elija2

All I'm trying to accomplish is some fun discussion and sharing of music. Stop being such a fun-killing machine.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.