3DS Homebrew exploit released

Started by Elija2, November 20, 2014, 06:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

Site to download the exploit

Anyone here have a copy of Cubic Ninja (why would you?). The game has already gone up in price at retailers and you need to launch the game every time you want to access the Homebrew Launcher. So far the only homebrew available is a couple emulators and basic games, but the exploit developer is looking into ways of disabling the 3DS' region-lock as well.

It's cool that homebrew is finally happening on the 3DS, but knowing Nintendo they'll be fighting against this in the next software update.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

I'm into it. If I can get 300 play coins I'm all for it.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

"I like how you want to use a console exploit to save you time rather than doing something illegal."

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on August 03, 2015, 03:07:03 PM
Says the guy who pirates stuff.
I only do so liberally.

Quote from: Elija2 on August 03, 2015, 03:07:03 PM
And hacking a console to run homebrew isn't illegal.
I'm glad you think so.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

The funny thing is that the law isn't constant across all countries and, even if it was, there are still topics like fan games and pirating that are shaky at best because they require a lawsuit to be filed from copyright holders.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

QuoteThe RCMP release states that 'modifying a console and computer is considered an illegal act under Section 342.1 of the Criminal Code and is punishable by imprisonment for up to ten years.'"

My God are you fucking illiterate? That was literally the following sentence.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Probably pertains to what is supported by the company manufacturing the modded product and, I can assure you, Nintendo is wholly against users modifying it's consoles.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on August 03, 2015, 04:03:56 PM
What constitutes modifying? Is installing a new graphics card against the law?
In the literary sense, that would be building, not modding.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Actually
By it's definition, building can also be synonymous with boosting, where you add components to something with the purpose of making it harder, better, faster, stronger.

Y'know, "build upon", I'm sure you've heard that.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Except it's not
A modification is like, for example, taking the wings of an eagle and instead giving it machine gun arms, it has lost the ability to fly, but now has the ability to fire projectiles. You have not improved what was already there, you instead changed it's ability to something else.

Another example would be changing your normal everyday route to work, to also be able to drop off your wife at the grocery store along the way. You modified your route to facilitate the current need, it is not an objective improvement as the normal route takes you to work faster.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

typically, meaning it's not it's only use.

And seeing as how "modify" covers more ground than "build", I can see why they chose that word.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on August 03, 2015, 04:15:44 PM
Well find me a news story of someone getting arrested only for modding their console and then I'll start worrying.
The purpose of this argument wasn't to worry you, it was to prove you wrong, which I did.

Quote from: Elija2 on August 03, 2015, 04:57:46 PM
So we're in agreement, according to that code upgrading your graphics card counts as modifying your computer and many Canadian PC gamers are openly breaking the law. Despite that, the only person who was arrested under this code just happened to also own hundreds of pirated games. So either the law isn't being properly enforced or this code can't be used against people who are only modding their consoles.
Except for the fact that modifying PCs is openly supported by the manufacturers while softmodding your 3DS is not.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Ioshyriku

If you bought it why is modding it illegal?

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Ioshyriku on August 04, 2015, 07:32:34 AM
If you bought it why is modding it illegal?
Terms and services says shouldn't, for starters.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Well I used to have the YouTube app until I realized that the browser actually ran videos better.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

I was too lazy to get Ironfall. Whoops.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Ye Olde Swagfag

Quote from: Elija2 on August 15, 2015, 04:15:27 PM
Why the hell would anyone use the 3DS Youtube app unless that was literally their only option for accessing Youtube?
It's not that bad, but... why is there no option for viewing 3D content?

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

I'm a Goddess, I just respawn after a few minutes.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

What if the good ending is the only ending?
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Huh. Maybe I need to start weighing my options a bit more.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

So Eli. My body is ready. Link me to a guide that'll teach me how to use Homebrew without any softmodding.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

If it's detectable I will obliterate your anus.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on September 25, 2015, 03:13:15 PM
I've always wanted to try getting anal.
From a revving chainsaw?

Quote from: Elija2 on September 25, 2015, 03:13:15 PM
Just don't install a custom theme if you're that paranoid because those stick around unless you switch it out manually in the Home menu settings.
So long as Nintendo can't detect it we should be golden.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

No, a literal chainsaw.

Decided this wasn't worth the effort and risk combined afterall so thanks anyway.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

The difference is that you have an old 3DS, while I have a New one. Not only that but since I don't have the YouTube or Ironfall apps the process becomes even more asinine.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Ioshyriku

NiGHTSfan

Quote from: Elija2 on November 20, 2014, 06:43:40 PM
Site to download the exploit

Anyone here have a copy of Cubic Ninja (why would you?). The game has already gone up in price at retailers and you need to launch the game every time you want to access the Homebrew Launcher. So far the only homebrew available is a couple emulators and basic games, but the exploit developer is looking into ways of disabling the 3DS' region-lock as well.

It's cool that homebrew is finally happening on the 3DS, but knowing Nintendo they'll be fighting against this in the next software update.

i fucken hate shitendo for blocking the homebrew channel and i wish nintendo would just stop this bullshit reagon lock i like them but i hate the reagon lock bullshit but i also know the the ps2 and ps1 had reagon lock before psn was made not there will never be reagon lock on xbox or psn

Ioshyriku

It's funny, I never knew that Play Station was region locked until I saw my neighbour's PS2 since I got my PS1 already modded.

NiGHTSfan

Quote from: Ioshyriku on October 18, 2015, 08:36:38 AM
It's funny, I never knew that Play Station was region locked until I saw my neighbour's PS2 since I got my PS1 already modded.

ya they were region locked u got lucky to have a modded ps1 but i have a action replay for my ps2 and i can use it to let me play other region based games

NiGHTSfan

Quote from: Elija2 on October 19, 2015, 05:00:19 PM
A new 3DS firmware update just came out and with it comes system stability fixes for the homebrew exploits. If you want homebrew, be sure not to update!

yea i just saw that shit it was a week ago when we had an update thn the dumbass shitendo says another update to get rid of homebrew

Ye Olde Swagfag

Quote from: batman on October 20, 2015, 09:29:01 AM
yea i just saw that shit it was a week ago when we had an update thn the dumbass shitendo says another update to get rid of homebrew
Yeah, fuck Nintendo for fixing flaws in their security(!)

But seriously, patching the 3DS system so exploits cannot be used is a good thing. You never know, one day your "cool" homebrew may brick your system like they used to do back in the day.

Ye Olde Swagfag

Quote from: Elija2 on October 21, 2015, 10:35:26 AM
It's impossible to brick your 3DS with the current exploits.
All I'm saying is that Nintendo releasing updates to patch flaws in the security is a good thing because it stops potential hackers, and you never know... there may be people that will develop a hack for the 3DS to brick it.

NiGHTSfan

Quote from: Elija2 on October 25, 2015, 05:57:02 PM
Another big homebrew update! This latest update may be the biggest yet because it includes:

• Firmware spoofing so you no longer need to update your 3DS firmware to access the eShop or download game updates
  • Rom hacking so you can run mods for your 3DS games
  • Screenshot support for every 3DS game and software
  • New 3DS CPU clock speed support for every game so older 3DS games can take advantage of the New 3DS' higher CPU clock speed
  • Sleep mode and power button support
  • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

this is awesome ill never have to update my dumbass system and ill never have to update games and ill finnaly get to do screenshots too why doesnt nintendo put this damn feature in their portable systems

jkid101094

Well I finally caved in a few days ago. I got back into New Leaf and used Browserhax and a Save Extractor to give myself some extra Bells and help move out a few unwanted villagers. The save editor for New Leaf is 100% online which is awesome. I just wish it was more in-depth so I could spend less time making sure the save file stayed as legit as possible.

Either way two of my favorite villagers (Lucky and Diana) are in my town now. I plan to move in Ankah and a few others once I get some more movers. Right now I'm debating forcing Sterling to move out and replacing him with whoever takes his spot. I'd just replace Sterling but he's already unpacked so it'd make my save a bit wonky.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Depends. I can't actually mod them until I can play 3DS roms but I was planning to use PKHx to do some hacked runs in Y. I wish there was a way to randomize wild and trainer Pokemon, though.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

NiGHTSfan

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 28, 2015, 12:17:04 AM
Depends. I can't actually mod them until I can play 3DS roms but I was planning to use PKHx to do some hacked runs in Y. I wish there was a way to randomize wild and trainer Pokemon, though.

did u know that codejunkies made a action replay for the 3ds that edits gamesave data and makes it like the actual cheats

jkid101094

I was under the impression that it only exports and imports savefiles.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

NiGHTSfan

Quote from: Elija2 on October 28, 2015, 04:39:13 AM
I'm pretty sure you can. This person made a Pokemon mod and all you need to play it is a legit copy of the game and the latest homebrew version. Looks complicated to install though.

There's also this MK7 custom track mod which is kinda making me regret getting rid of homebrew.

so if i do this homebrew i can do what thats awesome but i hate having to buy that one game

jkid101094

Quote from: Elija2 on October 28, 2015, 04:39:13 AM
I'm pretty sure you can. This person made a Pokemon mod and all you need to play it is a legit copy of the game and the latest homebrew version. Looks complicated to install though.

There's also this MK7 custom track mod which is kinda making me regret getting rid of homebrew.
Huh. Seems like the 3DS has it's own variant of Riivolution. This pleases me immensely.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

NiGHTSfan

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 28, 2015, 01:33:46 AM
I was under the impression that it only exports and imports savefiles.

if ur thinking of the action replay no it lets u put ur cartridge inside it and connect it to the pc and have the app on it and then it makes a backup and u get to select the cheats u want

sonikirby

jkid101094

Still can't do it without Cubic Ninja so good luck with that shit.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

I'd enjoy that, though Nintendo would step in and stomp that shit so fast it'd spin your menu badges.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

NiGHTSfan

Quote from: jkid101094 on December 07, 2015, 03:54:18 PM
Still can't do it without Cubic Ninja so good luck with that shit.

would hate to just buy the physical copy of cube ninja just to do this shit i mean really i hate that

NiGHTSfan

Quote from: Elija2 on December 28, 2015, 08:44:27 AM
Big news for the 3DS homebrew scene: a new exploit was found that will allow for people on any firmware to downgrade their system to firmware that allows kernel access. This means that homebrew will be able to have full control of the 3DS system.

Also, browserhax now works on the latest 3DS firmware so I'm back on the homebrew train. There's even a new homebrew app that allows you to download the old version of Ironfall from the eShop so you can launch homebrew without connecting to the internet or using the home menu hack, but it'll only work for a limited time so act fast!

that is fucken awesome is it easy to download and install homebrew

NiGHTSfan

Quote from: Elija2 on December 30, 2015, 08:21:26 AM
It's super easy. Just put some files on your SD card and you're good to go.

i know but i have to have a stupid game that i dont want in order to use the damn thing

NiGHTSfan

Quote from: Elija2 on January 04, 2016, 11:08:36 AM
There are ways to install the homebrew launcher without that "stupid game."

what is the alternative way of installing the homebrew app on my 3ds

jkid101094

Wind and I got Ironhax the day we found out Browserhax was back so yay us.

I'm using it for Hans and save editing.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

You can already backup your games without it. I'm currently in the process of learning to mod Alpha Sapphire.

I just wish I could use a fucking direct connection to my SD card so it doesn't take seven hours to copy over. =\

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Yes. It's an utter pain in the ass. I hate how you have to unscrew the back of the system to get at the SD card.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

NiGHTSfan

Quote from: Elija2 on January 12, 2016, 05:05:27 PM
Why don't you use this?

transfering all the games u buy on ur 3ds to the new nintendo 3ds takes a while even on wifi depends on how many people are on it and how much games are on ur other systems sd card