This has Been on My Mind For The Longest Time

Started by Hakudamashi, November 10, 2014, 08:51:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on November 10, 2014, 12:22:37 PM
Because you're giving something that...sucks, to a person that has no say on whether they want to live with it or not?

D-Do you know children that are "happy" to have disorders?

Obviously nobody (or very few people) are happy to have a disorder, but it's not like a life with a genetic disability is a life not worth having. Sure it sucks to have a disability but they can still lead happy lives. You're acting like being born with Down's syndrome is the end of the world.

Hakudamashi

Well, it actually is the end of the world for some people, especially those who are also poor as they die at age 12 =/
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on November 10, 2014, 01:09:44 PM
Well, it actually is the end of the world for some people, especially those who are also poor as they die at age 12 =/

Quote from: Hakudamashi on November 10, 2014, 11:38:43 AM
But...people die...

Hakudamashi

That they do. And this death, and others like it, can be avoided, if people with these genetic issues don't procreate.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

So your method of avoiding these deaths is...by making sure these people are never born in the first place?

Hakudamashi

Lemme ask you something.
If you got a cold, do you, or do you not call your friends and tell them they can't come over?

And to answer your question, yes, that is exactly what I just said.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on November 10, 2014, 01:50:39 PM
Lemme ask you something.
If you got a cold, do you, or do you not call your friends and tell them they can't come over?

Uh, I guess?

Quote from: Hakudamashi on November 10, 2014, 01:50:39 PM
And to answer your question, yes, that is exactly what I just said.

Well that's a terrible solution.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Because I'm sick and I don't want to hang out with people.

But I'm guessing you were expecting me to say that I don't want to get my friends sick and that this is somehow analogous to not wanting people to get genetic disorders. The problem is that your analogy sucks. You're comparing not letting my friends come over to not letting a person be born.

Hakudamashi

Yeah, no.
My point is responsibility.

If you got a cold, a disease that you are aware you can spread, and know how it's spread, but still will let people near you when it's in your power to send them away, Then you're a douche.

If you got any ailment that you're aware of, and you are aware you can spread it to others,and how to spread it, you have a responsibility to yourself, and especially to others, to take the precautions necessary to not infect those around you.

Got a cold? Don't sneeze on people
Got a Flu? Don't let people drink from your glass
Got a disease that transfers via sweat? Then don't sweat near people
Got an STD? Don't have sex
Got an incurable disease that can only be passed down to your child? Then don't have a child

When you have something contagious, you know it's contagious, but still choose to risk infecting others, then quite frankly, you're a douchebag.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Letting a child be born with Down's syndrome is not at all comparable to any of those things.

You're seriously calling everyone who has ever given birth to a child with disabilities a douchebag?

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay