This has Been on My Mind For The Longest Time

Started by Hakudamashi, November 10, 2014, 08:51:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakudamashi

I don't mean to sound rude or cruel but...

These diseases that are passed down genetically, like Down's Syndrome, Cystic Fibrosis, and Huntington's Disease, that can only exist, as far as I know, by passing them on from parent to child.

Wouldn't the better idea be to let these family trees die off rather than prolonging them with medications and therapy so we don't end up with children who have to needlessly suffer when they can't afford the treatments?
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

That's water no one wants to dip their toes into.

Besides it's not that easy. Just because you carry the gene that causes the disease doesn't mean you have it. It'd be impossible to quarantine every "sick" person.

Not to mention that if we're killing off everyone with disabilities and oddities it means I go too. :U

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

I don't mean to sound rude or cruel but people with genetic disorders don't deserve to live.

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 10, 2014, 09:02:09 AM
Not to mention that if we're killing off everyone with disabilities and oddities it means I go too. :U

On second thought...

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 10, 2014, 09:02:09 AM
That's water no one wants to dip their toes into.

Besides it's not that easy. Just because you carry the gene that causes the disease doesn't mean you have it. It'd be impossible to quarantine every "sick" person.

It is some damn murky waters

But at the same time, I'm thinking of, just what if these diseases were stopped early...

Also, you don't have to kill them, just ask them not to...reproduce...
God I can't argue this without sounding like a complete asshole.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on November 10, 2014, 09:33:34 AM
Give 'em the snip.

If a parent wants to have a child with Down's syndrome or whatever then they have that right.

Ioshyriku

You don't sound like an asshole, what you said sounds more like pity.
Who knows, maybe in the future there will be a cure for them, or maybe these deseases will die off on their own.
Just remember that everyone deserves love, not letting them reproduce will take that from them.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on November 10, 2014, 09:40:14 AM
If a parent wants to have a child with Down's syndrome or whatever then they have that right.
Sure, but like, that call doesn't affect just them...

Quote from: Ioshyriku on November 10, 2014, 09:42:11 AM
You don't sound like an asshole, what you said sounds more like pity.
Who knows, maybe in the future there will be a cure for them, or maybe these deseases will die off on their own.
Just remember that everyone deserves love, not letting them reproduce will take that from them.
Great, now I feel bad for spading my cats...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on November 10, 2014, 09:43:58 AM
Sure, but like, that call doesn't affect just them...

Who else does it affect? Their unborn child?

Meme Master Flex

Quote from: Hakudamashi on November 10, 2014, 08:51:54 AM
I don't mean to sound rude or cruel but...

These diseases that are passed down genetically, like Down's Syndrome, Cystic Fibrosis, and Huntington's Disease, that can only exist, as far as I know, by passing them on from parent to child.

Wouldn't the better idea be to let these family trees die off rather than prolonging them with medications and therapy so we don't end up with children who have to needlessly suffer when they can't afford the treatments?

Oh my god, I've said this for the longest time.

shadowDOESrock

Hakudamashi

Quote from: Elija2 on November 10, 2014, 09:45:50 AM
Who else does it affect? Their unborn child?
Um...yes?
That child is gonna grow up and become a man or woman that has to put up with this disease, and God help them if they can't find the funds to get proper treatment...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on November 10, 2014, 09:55:47 AM
Um...yes?
That child is gonna grow up and become a man or woman that has to put up with this disease, and God help them if they can't find the funds to get proper treatment...

I don't know why you think that having a genetic disorder means you can't have a good life.