「PSYCHO-PASS サイコパス」
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 「PSYCHO-PASS サイコパス」  (Read 7342 times)
Elija2
« Reply #105 on: December 04, 2014, 04:38:49 PM »

I don't know how someone could skillfully make a shotgun blast not spread.
Hakudamashi
Mr.Short Answer
Super Sonic! (+)

Activity
1%

I will treasure this always.

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 04, 2014, 05:08:00 PM »

You clearly don't believe hard enough.

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay
Elija2
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2014, 06:52:02 PM »

I watched episodes 12 to 14.

In episode 12 we learn how Yayoi became an enforcer. We also learn that she used to be a rock star but I guess she never mentions it again. So much for being passionate about music, eh? Also, I guess we never hear from that other rocker girl with the bombs ever again?

Not much happened in episode 13. They scanned Akane's brain to get a clear picture of Makashima but her Psycho-Pass didn't go up because she's a magical happy girl who never worries about anything. No wonder Kyo loves her; she's the only girl who could ever stay happy with him!

Episode 14 was pretty crazy. I guess society got so comfortable that nobody finds a dude wearing a crazy helmet suspicious, not even when that same dude is bludgeoning a woman to death. I mean, do they really want me to believe that nobody reacted to seeing the murder because they couldn't comprehend something that terrible happening? That doesn't even make any sense! Other than that though, this episode was really good.
Hakudamashi
Mr.Short Answer
Super Sonic! (+)

Activity
1%

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 21, 2014, 04:24:24 AM »

Not much happened in episode 13. They scanned Akane's brain to get a clear picture of Makashima but her Psycho-Pass didn't go up because she's a magical happy girl who never worries about anything. No wonder Kyo loves her; she's the only girl who could ever stay happy with him!
That explains everythin.

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay
Elija2
« Reply #109 on: December 21, 2014, 09:49:00 PM »

Okay, so Kyo thinks that standing around and doing absolutely nothing is a normal reaction when you're witnessing a brutal beating. Not just in the show, but in real life. Tell him he's crazy.
jkid101094
Draco's favorite transgender, animephile, sexist bastard child and the Eternal Goddess of Sonic ZONE~
Super Sonic! (+)

Location: My room, makin' games and relaxing in total comfort.

Activity
2%

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 22, 2014, 03:35:01 AM »

To be fair most people probably wouldn't step in.

Quote from: Draco
Draco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.
Hakudamashi
Mr.Short Answer
Super Sonic! (+)

Activity
1%

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 22, 2014, 04:32:30 AM »

Switzerland sounds pretty fucked up.

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay
Elija2
« Reply #112 on: December 22, 2014, 08:55:56 AM »

To be fair most people probably wouldn't step in.

Sure, but he was saying that they wouldn't even screen or run away or anything, they'd just stand there and watch.
Elija2
« Reply #113 on: December 27, 2014, 08:59:59 PM »

It's not Christmas without watching some anime! I got snug next to the fireplace with some hot cocoa and watched episodes 15 to 18.

In episode 15 the helmets start being being distributed to civilians. If the people using the helmets have a high Psycho-Pass, why aren't they all being caught before they get their hands on them? They should be showing up on their psycho-radars, right? Surely the police aren't this incompetent? Also, in this episode we truly see how pretentious and stupid Makashima really is. Are we supposed to think this guy is smart? I mean, sure he reads Plato and Dickens but he's got some really dumb beliefs. "Who are the real monsters? Not us serial killers, it's the innocent people living happy lives." They couldn't even have him at least admit that he's a terrible person, they had to make him so full of himself. He even hates e-books and when asked why he goes off on some tangent about how he trails off when reading sometimes. Maybe he's just a hipster? I guess he's good at making us hate him which is what being a villain is all about. But then again, I feel like the show is trying to make us agree with him on the evils of the Sibyl system. Kinda hard to agree with this guy on anything when he's such a prick. Overall, this episode was alright.

In episode 16 Kogami finally confronts Makashima. Makashima says some more pretentious shit (which Kogami calls him out on and even Makashima thinks the words coming out of his mouth are bullshit, so what the hell?) and then proceeds to kick Kogami's ass. Luckily Akane is there to save him but of course she can't finish the job and kill Makashima (although to be fair her orders were to arrest him alive). Meanwhile, the redhead chats with the master-hacker guy and we find out that he too hates the Sibyl system. Can't say I blame him, although even he thinks that Makashima and his gang are shitheads. Then he and the hacker get offed by *gasp* the head of the bureau!? Who is apparently also *double gasp* a cyborg!? This episode was just full of surprises!

In episode 17 the true nature of the Sibyl system is revealed. Basically it's a bunch of brains working together, and the head of the bureau her/him/itself is a part of it. Doesn't quite make sense to be, but I don't think the details matter. They attempt to recruit Makashima's brain to become a part of the Sibyl system, but he ain't having none of that shit. So he gruesomely destroys the cyborg lady and crashes the plane they were riding on. How the hell did he survive that crash? Is he invincible now, too? This show is really starting to keep me interested now.

In episode 18 Ginoza attempts to investigate the crash site but is told he isn't authorized to. The crazy cyborg lady then tells him that Makashima escaped and that they're tasked with capturing him alive again. How many cyborg-bodies does this lady have on-hand? Aren't those things super-expensive? Also, Kogami is off the case because he's a loose cannon or something and he immediately finds the situation fishy. When the group devises a roundabout way of letting Kogami investigate something the cyborg-lady (I should really learn her name) appears and straight-up tries to get Ginoza to murder Kogami. She really isn't trying to pretend that nothing suspicious is going on, is she? Well, Kogami is having none of that so now he really becomes a loose cannon and goes out on his own, but not before sending Akane a heartfelt letter confessing his love for her. Oh wait, the letter actually just tells her that he's leaving to do some investigating on his own. I'm not sure how he's gonna succeed with the Sibyl system going after him hardcore. Overall, another good episode.

I'm almost at the end of the season and Kyo isn't even halfway through Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer. Just because he deleted his account doesn't mean he can slack off on our deal! And he originally wanted us to both finish by the end of November. Ha!

Post Merge: December 29, 2014, 04:09:07 AM
Holy shit, I just realized that Kyo posted about that e-books scene earlier and cited it as one of his favourite scenes. That scene was fucking terrible!

Anyway, I finished the rest of the season. Big block-o-text incoming!

In episode 19 Kogami visits his hipster friend in the mountains to get help finding Makishima. They find the answer on 4chan; Makishima is trying to destroy Japan's food supply so the government will have to start being buddies with other countries to get their food and that will somehow cause the collapse of the Sibyl system. How the fuck did they deduce that from a random forum post? They also deduced that Makishima is doing all of this because his unreadable Psycho-Pass made him feel like an outcast to society. I...don't really see how that reasoning makes any sense. I mean, Akane's Psycho-Pass is also perfect but that doesn't cause her to go crazy. This episode was kinda meh.

In episode 20 the Sibyl system reveals itself to Akane for reasons I still don't understand. So much for keeping that whole operation a secret, eh? Meanwhile, Makishima kills the dude who thought up Japan's self-sustained food-processing system and steals his fingers. Is that his gimmick? The Wet Bandits leave the faucets on in the houses they ransack and Makishima steals the fingers of his victims? No, he just needs them to access the food-processing facility. Anyway, Kogami shows up not long after and hides a message for Akane's team in the dead dude's windpipe. Uhh, he coulda just left that on the table or something. Apparently Kogami wanted to test their detective abilities but, seriously, what the hell? Do you want their help or not? This episode was okay.

In episode 21, everyone takes a visit to the food-processing facility. How did they all get in without the dead guy's fingers? Maybe Makishima did just take them for fun. Anyway, Kogami wants to kill Makishima but Akane can't let him do that because of a deal she struck with the Sibyl system. If she takes Makishima in alive they'll spare Kogami's life. Anyway, so they shut down the power to the facility because that's the only way to hold off Makishima's plans. Akane and the other girl (I should really learn her name too) head to the control room because they think Makishima will be there. Once they see that nobody is there, Akane deduces that she must be wrong because otherwise Kogami would also be there because Kogami is perfect and could never be wrong. Meanwhile, Ginoza and Masaoka are exploring some other area of the facility when Ginoza's clumsiness causes a trap to go off that causes his arm to be crushed. Makishima then shows up and throws a bomb at Ginoza and Masaoka sacrifices his life to save his son. Wait, Masaoka is Ginoza's father? Why am I just now finding out about this!? Anyway, Ginoza escapes from underneath the container, losing his arm in the process. Like father, like son. He then proceeds to scold his dying father. I guess we all cope in different ways. Kogami also shows up and starts chasing after Makishima with his gun. Makishima only brought a knife to a gun fight and he still manages to get the upper hand. What happens next? READ ON TO FIND OUT. Overall this was a really good episode.

AND NOW THE FINALE. Akane shows up to break up the fight, letting Makishima escape. Akane orders Kogami to apprehend Makishima alive and they both set out to search for him, nearly letting him run them over with a truck. Akane latches onto the truck and shoots out the tires, causing it to crash. Makishima climbs out of the truck and towers over Akane, but his gun is out of bullets! What luck! His kung-fu skills no longer being of any use, he walks towards the distant hills waiting for Kogami to shoot him. And he does. That was kinda anti-climactic. The rest of the episode is everyone reflecting on what they've been through. Some bullshit about how Kogami and Makishima were destined to meet each other that made me groan. Akane is the new head of her division and Ginoza is now an enforcer. Like father, like son. Kogami runs off somewhere, never to be heard from again. And whoa, those two girls were lesbians!? And they were banging each other behind everyone's backs!?!? That makes them a million times hotter than Akane! What the hell, Kyo? Get your priorities straight! Anyway, the episode ends with a new inspector being recruited that looks almost exactly like Akane (and she still ends up being the hotter one). The season ends almost exactly as it began. The first half of the finale was really good, but the ending wasn't satisfying to me.

Alright, now here's my overall review of the show:

The show was pretty entertaining. Even though some of the episodes were boring as hell, the times it got intense made up for it. Some of the characters kinda bothered me though. I really disliked how Kogami is some perfect badass dude that is never wrong about anything. Both him and Akane are pretty generic. Also, we never learn much about those two lesbian girls or the redhead. That one girl did get her own episode, but that episode was pretty weak.

My main complaint with the show is how it handles its concepts and themes. It tries to be intelligent but most of the time it just comes off as pretentious and doesn't make any sense. Everything that comes out of Makishima's and the Sibyl system's mouths just ends up confusing me, and I'm not that dumb! Even Kogami is guilty of this when he deduces something through some nonsensical thought process. It brings up all these heavy themes but then doesn't do anything substantial with them. Makishima quotes famous authors all the time, but it seems like it's only to make him sound smarter and not to make the viewer think about the words he's saying. The Zero Escape series is an example of something that brings up a bunch of concepts and theories in a non-pretentious way and actually does something with them. Psycho-Pass isn't. If they left all that stuff out the show would have been much better. Kyo mentioned in the OP that the show tackles psychological and societal issues, but he didn't say that they do it so terribly! He also mentioned how the animation is supposed to be amazing but it's actually kinda sloppy. And even outside of the pretentious dialog, the writing can be pretty bad at times.

That said, none of that stuff stopped me from enjoying the show (although it came pretty close). If this is your favourite anime though, well, I hope you haven't watched much. It's certainly not anything special and I don't know if I would recommend it to people over something else like Planetes. Sorry, Kyo.

My overall score is 6 jellyfish maids out of 10.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 10:09:07 PM by Elija2 » Logged
Hakudamashi
Mr.Short Answer
Super Sonic! (+)

Activity
1%

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 06, 2015, 07:27:26 AM »

What's a Jellyfish maid?

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay
Elija2
« Reply #115 on: January 06, 2015, 07:28:45 AM »

What's a Jellyfish maid?

Hakudamashi
Mr.Short Answer
Super Sonic! (+)

Activity
1%

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 06, 2015, 07:30:28 AM »

Get that thing away from me.

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay
Elija2
« Reply #117 on: January 06, 2015, 07:40:07 AM »

It just wants to make you breakfast and watch you get dressed.
Hakudamashi
Mr.Short Answer
Super Sonic! (+)

Activity
1%

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 06, 2015, 07:48:40 AM »

And then the rape happens.

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay
Elija2
« Reply #119 on: January 06, 2015, 08:03:30 AM »

It would never do that.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sonic Zone Version 16 - Designed by John Gillis Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines Valid! XHTML