「PSYCHO-PASS サイコパス」

Started by shadowDOESrock, October 24, 2014, 07:42:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Title: Psycho-Pass (サイコパス)
Year: 2012 - 2015
Episodes: 33 + 1 Movie as finale
Created by: Gen Urobuchi (Madoka Magica, Fate/Zero), Tow Ubukata (Mardock Scramble, GitS: Arise)
Studio: Production I.G.
English licensor: Funimation

Originally intended to be a sucessor franchise to I.G.s' very own Ghost in the Shell and created by Gen Urobochi (Black Lagoon, Fate/Zero, Puella Magi Madoka Magica) as well as two veteran I.G. animators Psycho-Pass ended up as one of the better animated shows in recent years.

As already mentioned before it was inspired by the original Ghost in the Shell, as well as Patlabor, Minority Report and Blade Runner with ultimately the goal being less to just create a sucessor, but a fantastic show in its own right. One that tackles, you guessed it, Psychology.

QuotePsycho-Pass is set in 2113. The Sibyl System (シビュラシステム Shibyura Shisutemu) is actively measuring the populace's mental states, personalities, and the probability that individuals will commit crimes, using a "cymatic scan" of the brain. The resulting assessment is called a Psycho-Pass (サイコパス Saikopasu). When the probability of a person engaging in crimes measured by the Crime Coefficient (犯罪係数 Hanzaikeisū) index exceeds a certain level in an individual, he or she is pursued, apprehended, and killed if necessary.

The Story focuses on the "Public Safety Bureau's Criminal Investigation Division" Unit 1, with Akane Tsunemori, a new inspector, being the main character together with Kougami Shinya, an Enforcer. Inspectors and Enforcers use large handguns called "Dominators"—special weapons designed to fire only at those with a higher-than-acceptable Crime Coefficient. However, as shown by the trailer below, things quickly take a turn for the worse...

It's a great show that tackles not only as mentioned before psychology, but also socital issues. And all of that is wrapped in a fantastic cyberpunk crime drama and punctuated by the wonderful animation and sound design from Production I.G.

Honestly, I dont even know what to say here. I went watching this without even knowing what it was - without having seen a trailer or reading a synopsys - and it turned out to be one of my favourite shows of all time. I think that trailer alone shows too much...

But there's no other way to try to get people to watch it... Not like you will anyway... =C
You will probably click on this topic, hover over it, and click it away in less than 15 seconds, like always.

Wind watched it. He liked it too, so there's that.

Hakudamashi

Ya'all like Metal Gear?
Yes?
Then you'll get a kick outta this.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

You should jump on GoW and talk about this with Gel. The man fucking LOVES this anime.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Quote from: Crystal Candy on October 24, 2014, 09:01:37 PM
You should watch it too. It's really good...
You're talking to the wrong person about watching anime.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Quote from: Crystal Candy on October 25, 2014, 09:29:20 AM
View it as a TV Show, then, instead of anime.
Unless the issue isn't that it's anime.
I only do video games and even then they have to really pique my interest.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Crystal Candy on November 02, 2014, 12:50:53 PM
What can I do to get you guys to watch this?
Buy a plane ticket to America and fondle my genitals.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Quote from: Crystal Candy on November 02, 2014, 01:04:02 PM
I actaually ment it, but whatever man
So you aren't going to make sweet love to me? :c

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

He wants you to watch Psycho Pass
It's like, his favourite anime.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

Well I didn't care that you hate Mirai Nikki, and Kyo's a cooler cat than I am.
So he'll probably say "d'aw" and move on.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay