It's happening.

Started by shadowDOESrock, October 22, 2014, 06:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

The Kickstarter campaign has almost already reached its goal after 2 days

In October 2015 we will see the first public shipment of Hoverboards, and they sound like spaceships!

The Verge trying out the new tech

As it stands, these things are actually pretty useless for normal use - but, this is only the first step.

Greg Henderson explaining the basics to CNET

But that's not all: According to Nike, they will have self-tying shoelaces sometimes in 2015 too!

http://time.com/7940/back-to-the-future-marty-mcfly-power-laces-coming-2015/

In slightly related news: Japan is planning to have working giant robots by 2019. Meanwhile a US Arms Corperation is currently experimenting with , who can reach up 80 miles per hour - The US Army is models themselves - and Russia is currently working on 1:1 Androids, whose deadline currently is set for 2045. Although creepy Androids already exist in , with already being developed as well.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

When the androids can think and feel then call me.

As for the hoverboard I'm looking forward to seeing what comes of it. It needs to be put on cars next. No more bumps or busted tires!

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on October 22, 2014, 05:20:38 PM
As for the hoverboard I'm looking forward to seeing what comes of it. It needs to be put on cars next. No more bumps or busted tires!
And no more pot holes and dealing with bad roads in general.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Well you gotta figure that a car with four people is only going to fly so far off the ground. Deeper potholes and, depending on the tech, little bumps might still cause the same effects they do now.

It needs to be able to sense any imperfections in the road and adjust to them before those problems are gone for good.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Quote from: Crystal Candy on October 23, 2014, 05:50:42 AM
The main issue here is that we currently lack the battery/powering technology for such things.
I know that, at least here in America, they're working on "electric roads" that charge apps and things and you drive.

Just food for thought if these kinds of cars became a wide spread thing.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Quote from: Crystal Candy on October 24, 2014, 03:06:37 AM
make everyone trackable at all times as well...
I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion but I can see that doing more good than harm anyway. For example it'd make it finding stolen vehicles much easier to find as well as helping immensely with traffic. From what I understand we're currently using timed streetlights but if each one was connected to a box that could accurately predict where each vehicle was headed (easier than it sounds) it could lead to a much more controlled traffic system.

Yes, I am admitably talking out of my ass here but I do feel I have a point none the less.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Everything can be hacked tho.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

jkid101094

Quote from: Crystal Candy on October 24, 2014, 03:32:45 AM
Yeahyeah, it's more about principles about privacy and less about it bringing general 'harm'.
I guess but then again that all depends on who's monitoring you.

Quote from: Crystal Candy on October 24, 2014, 03:32:45 AM
And it probably could be hacked as well...
Everything can be hacked these days. Instead of being afraid of it we should be working on how to detect and stop it. We're entering a new age of technology so it only stands to reason that we're going to need more people qualified to protect it.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.