It's happening.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: It's happening.  (Read 2829 times)
shadowDOESrock
« on: October 22, 2014, 07:42:20 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/plwX5NtF530&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/plwX5NtF530&rel=0</a>
The Kickstarter campaign has almost already reached its goal after 2 days

In October 2015 we will see the first public shipment of Hoverboards, and they sound like spaceships!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zs_QOx_X5TE&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Zs_QOx_X5TE&rel=0</a>
The Verge trying out the new tech

As it stands, these things are actually pretty useless for normal use - but, this is only the first step.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SZqZSYGLk3Y&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/SZqZSYGLk3Y&rel=0</a>
Greg Henderson explaining the basics to CNET

But that's not all: According to Nike, they will have self-tying shoelaces sometimes in 2015 too!

http://time.com/7940/back-to-the-future-marty-mcfly-power-laces-coming-2015/

In slightly related news: Japan is planning to have working giant robots by 2019. Meanwhile a US Arms Corperation is currently experimenting with high-speed 4-legged army robots, who can reach up 80 miles per hour - The US Army is already prototyping models themselves - and Russia is currently working on 1:1 Androids, whose deadline currently is set for 2045. Although creepy Androids already exist in Japan, with Sexbots already being developed as well.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 07:48:58 AM by Crystal Candy » Logged
Elija2
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 07:59:09 AM »

Hoverboards are dumb.
Self-tying shoelaces are dumb.

The near-future is already a disappointment.
shadowDOESrock
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 08:56:04 AM »

Hoverboards are dumb.
Self-tying shoelaces are dumb.

The near-future is already a disappointment.

Hakudamashi
Mr.Short Answer
Super Sonic! (+)

Activity
0%

I will treasure this always.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 10:49:55 AM »

Can it go over water?

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay
Elija2
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 10:54:12 AM »

Can it go over water?

Of course not.
jkid101094
Draco's favorite transgender, animephile, sexist bastard child and the Eternal Goddess of Sonic ZONE~
Super Sonic! (+)

Location: My room, makin' games and relaxing in total comfort.

Activity
1%

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 06:20:38 PM »

When the androids can think and feel then call me.

As for the hoverboard I'm looking forward to seeing what comes of it. It needs to be put on cars next. No more bumps or busted tires!

Quote from: Draco
Draco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.
Elija2
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 06:26:05 PM »

When the androids can think and feel then call me.

Translation: When I can fall in love with a robot then call me.
jkid101094
Draco's favorite transgender, animephile, sexist bastard child and the Eternal Goddess of Sonic ZONE~
Super Sonic! (+)

Activity
1%

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 06:28:20 PM »

Yeah, pretty much.

Draco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.
Hakudamashi
Mr.Short Answer
Super Sonic! (+)

Activity
0%

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 06:28:29 PM »

As for the hoverboard I'm looking forward to seeing what comes of it. It needs to be put on cars next. No more bumps or busted tires!
And no more pot holes and dealing with bad roads in general.

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay
jkid101094
Super Sonic! (+)

Activity
1%

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 06:32:50 PM »

Well you gotta figure that a car with four people is only going to fly so far off the ground. Deeper potholes and, depending on the tech, little bumps might still cause the same effects they do now.

It needs to be able to sense any imperfections in the road and adjust to them before those problems are gone for good.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.
Hakudamashi
Mr.Short Answer
Super Sonic! (+)

Activity
0%

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2014, 06:33:54 PM »

Baby steps I guess.

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay
Elija2
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2014, 06:50:26 PM »

You really think that we should invest a shitload of time and resources into hovering cars just to solve minor inconveniences like bumps and busted tires?
jkid101094
Super Sonic! (+)

Activity
1%

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2014, 07:13:14 PM »

Yes.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.
shadowDOESrock
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 06:50:42 AM »

You really think that we should invest a shitload of time and resources into hovering cars just to solve minor inconveniences like bumps and busted tires?

It would solve more than just that. In a theoretical sense, hover cars would be way safer and less prone of flipping over, making way for highspeed highways like in sci-fi.

They would also be way more envoirenment-friendly, similar to a hybrid car, as the energy needs to be converted to be electrical, plus the constant production and shipping of tires would also save a lot of material.

The main issue here is that we currently lack the battery/powering technology for such things.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 06:55:38 AM by Crystal Candy » Logged
jkid101094
Super Sonic! (+)

Activity
1%

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 11:04:14 AM »

The main issue here is that we currently lack the battery/powering technology for such things.

I know that, at least here in America, they're working on "electric roads" that charge apps and things and you drive.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/I1_ut9GIr-U&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/I1_ut9GIr-U&rel=0</a>

Just food for thought if these kinds of cars became a wide spread thing.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.
shadowDOESrock
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2014, 04:06:37 AM »

I know that, at least here in America, they're working on "electric roads" that charge apps and things and you drive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1_ut9GIr-U

Just food for thought if these kinds of cars became a wide spread thing.

Ah, that is cool...
All of this reminds me of i,Robot...

Although that would lit. make everyone trackable at all times as well...
jkid101094
Super Sonic! (+)

Activity
1%

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2014, 04:13:43 AM »

make everyone trackable at all times as well...
I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion but I can see that doing more good than harm anyway. For example it'd make it finding stolen vehicles much easier to find as well as helping immensely with traffic. From what I understand we're currently using timed streetlights but if each one was connected to a box that could accurately predict where each vehicle was headed (easier than it sounds) it could lead to a much more controlled traffic system.

Yes, I am admitably talking out of my ass here but I do feel I have a point none the less.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.
shadowDOESrock
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2014, 04:32:45 AM »

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion but I can see that doing more good than harm anyway. For example it'd make it finding stolen vehicles much easier to find as well as helping immensely with traffic. From what I understand we're currently using timed streetlights but if each one was connected to a box that could accurately predict where each vehicle was headed (easier than it sounds) it could lead to a much more controlled traffic system.

Yes, I am admitably talking out of my ass here but I do feel I have a point none the less.

Yeahyeah, it's more about principles about privacy and less about it bringing general 'harm'.

In Switzerland we've got weight plates under the road, so that the lights turn green there where the most traffic is. Although with this you could optimise traffic way better in theory... and the lights would also help during the night... You could relocate lanes at any time...

I'm not sure about this being very envoirenment friendly though, haha
And it probably could be hacked as well...
Hakudamashi
Mr.Short Answer
Super Sonic! (+)

Activity
0%

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2014, 04:41:50 AM »

Everything can be hacked tho.

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay
jkid101094
Super Sonic! (+)

Activity
1%

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2014, 04:43:52 AM »

Yeahyeah, it's more about principles about privacy and less about it bringing general 'harm'.
I guess but then again that all depends on who's monitoring you.

And it probably could be hacked as well...
Everything can be hacked these days. Instead of being afraid of it we should be working on how to detect and stop it. We're entering a new age of technology so it only stands to reason that we're going to need more people qualified to protect it.

Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.
shadowDOESrock
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2014, 05:11:26 AM »

I guess but then again that all depends on who's monitoring you.
Everything can be hacked these days. Instead of being afraid of it we should be working on how to detect and stop it. We're entering a new age of technology so it only stands to reason that we're going to need more people qualified to protect it.

True & True. (^^
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sonic Zone Version 16 - Designed by John Gillis Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines Valid! XHTML