Reviews in a Flash: The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time

Started by FlashTheHedgehog123, July 31, 2013, 04:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlashTheHedgehog123

Reviews in a Flash presents:
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time

~Story

About 10 years after the war for the Triforce, the country of Hyrule had been unified by the King of Hyrule, and so now the country lives in peace. But The Great Deku Tree can sense that the peace will not stay much longer. Ganondorf, the King of Thieves, threatens the Deku Tree for the Spiritual Stone of the Forest. Because the Deku Tree refuses, Ganondorf places a curse on the Deku Tree, then goes to search for the other stones. The Great Deku Tree then calls upon Navi, the fairy, to summon Link to finally fulfill his destiny. The Great Deku Tree tells Link of the curse inside of him, and Link ventures inside of the Deku Tree, starting his journey through time.

~Intro

The intro of this game starts with the war for the Triforce, the representation of the goddesses, which also represents Power, Wisdom, and Courage. During this war, a Hylian mother became gravely injured, and she fled into Kokiri Forest with her child. Inside of the forest, she brings her baby to the Great Deku Tree, the guardian of the forest. He senses a great power inside of the child, so he accepts the child to live in Kokiri Forest after the Hylian mother passes away.

~Gameplay

For this game being on the Nintendo 64, the gameplay was nice. The first dungeon had minor puzzles and small challenge, but the challenge continually began to grow as you progressed in the game. The controls were nice as well. It was easy to move the character, as well as use the items you obtained throughout the game. There were minigames in the world that you could play to gain upgrades for your Quiver, Deku Seed Bag, and Bomb Bag. There weren't too many side quests, but they were fine anyway. There was the Piece of Heart side quest, which has been in the series since the first game. The Gold Skulltulas which you had to defeat if you wanted the Wallet upgrades. Last but definitely not least, the Biggoron Sword side quest, which gave you the strongest sword in the game.

~Personal Experience

My own experience with this game was a great one. This was my first Zelda game ever, and I love it to pieces (Get it? Love? Pieces?) As I had stated above, the first dungeon wasn't too hard, but as you progressed it became harder. That's what it was like when I played it. (Of course, the Water Temple should have been last, since it was pretty hard. If you've played this game before, you should know what I mean)

~Other's Experience

I've heard nothing but good comments for this game, the only time I've heard negative comments is only from the haters. (You know, the people who say Zelda is a game for kids. Cuz cawd is so muhc bitter) And of course, the game has it's bad points, so in some cases the haters are right, but at the same time, they're wrong. The only problems I've heard people talk about is the Water Temple, but that's one part that isn't fantastic.

I'm giving this a score on how well the story was, the gameplay, my own experience, and other's experience. When I add these numbers up a smiley face pops up on my calculator.
9/10
Thank you for reading this rather drawn out review, and I hope you liked it.

NEXT TIME ON REVIEWS IN A FLASH: THE LEGEND OF ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK
Hello!

Hakudamashi

This game always irritated me, I've never been able to beat this game from start to finish on my own.

I dislike how some mandatory quests are quite cryptic with what they want you to do, Hyrule field is huge for no reason, and IIRC you can trap yourself in the Forest Temple if you don't get Din's Fire as Child Link(PLZ corrct me if I'm wrong)
I disliked the dungeon designs save for the Great Deku Tree and I didn't find the characters that interesting...

Maybe the 3D remake fixes these issues, but as of right now, I don't like OoT...
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

FlashTheHedgehog123

You can go the whole game without Din's Fire up until the Shadow Temple, that's when you need it.
Hello!

TheRealSonic

Never  finished this game but i did finish Phantom Hourglass and Minish cap