Main Menu

Reading

Started by Elija2, September 29, 2014, 04:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

Does everybody that is active on this site other than me hate reading?

shadowDOESrock

I read books. Actual books. Amazing, isn't it?

I also read quite a bunch of Manga and used to read Comics - but lost interest because of their lack of everything.
I haven't gotten into graphic novels yet, since I do not know what's good. I've been thinking Watchmen, but eh.

In terms of books I'm currently reading Philip K. Dick's Do Androids Dream of Electric Sleep (Blade Runner), Deus Ex: The Fall and Spice & Wolf 2.

In terms of manga I curently read... well, nothing activly, honestly.
My most recent purchases were Ousama Game Vol 1 and Blue Exorcist Vol 3.

I've been thinking about buying an ereader, since that was majorly improve the amount I read - on the flip side I do not actually own the books as they have no net value, but meh. Not as iffy about books as I am about games and movies. It's just that I'm not sure if I could read manga on an ereader, which is why I'm still staying away.

Ioshyriku

I read what I find interesting or funny, but if I am forced to read something I pretty much despise it with all my heart, mostly because the teachers either make us read tons of books for a very short time or some depressing BS that makes me hate human beings.

Elija2

Wow, I didn't make this thread. Kyo, this is a blatant abuse of mod powers.

But hey, if you guys like reading so much then you should read some manga.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on September 30, 2014, 05:27:35 AM
Wow, I didn't make this thread. Kyo, this is a blatant abuse of mod powers.

Pfff

Elija2

You could have just made your own thread about reading, you know.

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

And Kyo, why don't you get a cheap tablet or something if you're interested in reading books and manga on the go? I know LCD screens aren't as good for reading books as e-ink screens are, but they're better for reading manga and comics. Plus you can do a bunch of other stuff with a tablet.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on September 30, 2014, 08:29:44 AM
And Kyo, why don't you get a cheap tablet or something if you're interested in reading books and manga on the go? I know LCD screens aren't as good for reading books as e-ink screens are, but they're better for reading manga and comics. Plus you can do a bunch of other stuff with a tablet.

Battery, durability, price, eyes.

Y'see, I could use a Kindle Paperweight anywhere, under any light condition, without damaging my eyes. And I also do not have to worry about the battery dying.

I do not plan on watching movies, listening to music or anything with a tablet. So, a e-reader does seem to be the better choice. Tablets are just oversized smartphones to me.

Hakudamashi

Oversized Smartphones that break easier.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on September 30, 2014, 12:20:36 PM
Oversized Smartphones that break easier.

I like to think of tablets as more portable laptops that are better for content consumption.

I've read a couple of books and manga on my smartphone and other than the small screen size they work pretty well. A tablet fixes that problem as well as having a longer battery life (unless you're gonna be away from a charger for a while the battery life isn't that bad). As for durability, are Kindles that much more durable than tablets? Do you not take good care of your electronics? And as for your eyes, it's called white text on a black background. Makes reading on an LCD screen much more comfortable. The only issue would be the price since you'd be paying twice as much for a tablet than a kindle. If you're not gonna use it for anything other than reading then it wouldn't be worth it, but I'm sure you'd find other uses for one.