Good news, jkid: Obamacare now covers gender reassignment surgeries

Started by Elija2, August 27, 2014, 06:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

Now, federal law prohibits health insurance companies from discriminating against transgender people, and it bars insurers from denying coverage based on pre-existing conditions. That makes it possible for more transgender people to purchase private plans. And in states that expanded their Medicaid programs, those with low incomes may get free coverage.

The federal anti-discrimination regulations have yet to be written, but California insurance regulators have said that companies must treat transgender patients the same as other patients. For example, if plans cover hormones for post-menopausal women, they must also cover them for transgender women. Medicare, the program for the elderly and disabled, lifted its ban on covering sex reassignment surgery earlier this year.

"The law and policy are on a transgender person's side for the first time," said Anand Kalra, program administrator at the Oakland-based Transgender Law Center.
Source

You'll be a pretty girl soon enough (you already are in my eyes~~).

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

jkid101094

Incredibly, and if he doesn't do it exactly right then I just end up as a guy with either a vagina or mutilated genitals.

Not to mention they have to shave your adam's apple down, do whatever they do to your voice and reconstruct your facial bones to look more feminine.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Hakudamashi

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 27, 2014, 06:49:59 PM
Incredibly, and if he doesn't do it exactly right then I just end up as a guy with either a vagina or mutilated genitals.

Not to mention they have to shave your adam's apple down, do whatever they do to your voice and reconstruct your facial bones to look more feminine.
That sounds horrible.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

LokiCharms

I enjoy being a man, but it would sure be interesting to be a girl for a day.

I think it's funny how America is worried about gender reassignment, when we should worry about making giant robots to combat Japan when they reveal Tokyo is a giant robot.
What is this I don't even