THE SONICZONE NEWSLETTER TOPIC

Started by shadowDOESrock, August 07, 2014, 01:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Okay, this is just a thing we should totally do.
We should, like, build this elaborate invitational 'why dont you pay us a visit again' mail

any suggestions?

QuoteThe SonicZone Team greets you to a beautiful day

Have you forgotton us? Once opon a time you have registered yourself on 'SonicZone.net' - or maybe even 'SonicRoms.net'. Maybe you were just here for Sonic Adventure DX, maybe you even stayed for a while on our forums? Well, SonicZone has expanded from just being a forum about Sonic, to one about everything. We activly talk about all kinds of things. Games, Movies, News, Anime - and ofcourse Sonic.

Interested? We'd be glad to hear from you once more!

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Hakudamashi on August 07, 2014, 03:12:19 AM
That's a newsletter?

You know, those little dumb update mails websites want to to click the "Recieve Newsletter" button so you recieve the newest updates and ads?

EDIT:
such help
much care

Elija2

Probably would have been a good idea to do this at the beginning of the "Plus-for-all Summer" since that probably would have brought a bunch of people back.

Maddiekinns

I like it, but not sure how people would feel about getting emails like that.

Who would write them, and what would they really be about?

shadowDOESrock

Thanks for all the help, guys. You're really trying hard keeping this site alive.

You all get an A for Asshats.

Elija2

You should make a newsletter that only advertises our chatbox since that's the only part of the site that is even remotely active.

Meme Master Flex

Quote from: Elija2 on September 16, 2014, 05:57:52 AM
You should make a newsletter that only advertises our chatbox since that's the only part of the site that is even remotely active.

ay lmao

shadowDOESrock

'kay, so, John gave us permission to send one.

Quote from: Elija2 on September 16, 2014, 05:57:52 AM

That's the point. The Newsletter is supposed to inform those to maybe check this site out again, maybe they'll stay. But I'll be sure to mention the chat as well.

The SonicZone Team greets you to a beautiful day

QuoteHave you forgotton us? Once opon a time you have registered yourself on 'SonicZone.net' - or maybe even 'SonicRoms.net'. Maybe you were just here for Sonic Adventure DX, maybe you even stayed for a while on our forums? Well, SonicZone has expanded from just being a forum about Sonic, to one about everything. We activly talk about all kinds of things. Games, Movies, News, Anime - and ofcourse Sonic.

What's that? You dont like forums? Well, check out our chatbox and meet all kinds of people. Maybe you'll even make new friends!

Elija2

You need a proofreader.

Did you forgot about us? Once upon a time you registered on 'Sonic Zone.net' - previously known as 'Sonic Roms.net'. Maybe you were just here for Sonic Adventure DX, or maybe you even stayed for a while and posted on our forums. Well, Sonic Zone has expanded from being a forum about Sonic to a forum about almost everything! We actively talk about all kinds of stuff: games, movies, news, anime, and of course, Sonic! You can also check out our chatbox and meet all kinds of people. Maybe you'll even make new friends!

And for the love of god, don't make "The SonicZone Team greets you to a beautiful day" the subject line.

jkid101094

>Berates about needing a proofreader.
>Makes obvious grammatical mistakes.

Forget is still the past tense of the word. The only time the word "forgotten" is applicable is when it's preceded by the word, "have".

QuoteDid you have forgotten us?

QuoteHave you forgotten us?

Meanwhile the word, "forgot" is only used in present-tense when not preceded by "have".

QuoteYou forgot us. What a dickwad.

The CORRECT form of the word here is, "forget".

QuoteDid you forget about us?

Christ, guys. You want to be professional writers and you don't even understand the basics of grammar. I learned this shit in third grade.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

It was one spelling mistake, jkid. I don't need a whole English lesson on it.

jkid101094

When you're doing something like this you've gotta be professional about it. Besides, for all I know you honestly thought that was applicable.

English was my favorite subject in school so I get really giddy when I get to play grammar teacher.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on September 19, 2014, 12:51:13 PM
When you're doing something like this you've gotta be professional about it. Besides, for all I know you honestly thought that was applicable.

English was my favorite subject in school so I get really giddy when I get to play grammar teacher.

Progress!

QuoteDid you forget about us? Once upon a time you registered on 'Sonic Zone.net' - previously known as 'Sonic Roms.net'. Maybe you were just here for Sonic Adventure DX, or maybe you even stayed for a while and posted on our forums. Well, Sonic Zone has expanded from being a forum about Sonic to a forum about almost everything! We actively talk about all kinds of stuff: games, movies, news, anime, and of course, Sonic! You can also check out our chatbox and meet all kinds of people. Maybe you'll even make new friends!

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on September 19, 2014, 06:32:59 AM
And for the love of god, don't make "The SonicZone Team greets you to a beautiful day" the subject line.

So, what should the subject line be, then?