Main Menu

Podcasts

Started by Elija2, July 31, 2014, 08:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elija2

Anyone else here that likes to listen to podcasts? If so, tell us about the ones you listen to. If not, too bad because I'm gonna recommend my favourites anyway.

Rooster Teeth Podcast - I don't watch Red vs Blue or any other Rooster Teeth stuff, but their podcast is thoroughly entertaining and funny. They don't just talk about gaming. In fact, they rarely talk about gaming. They usually just talk about random interesting stuff and pop culture. Whatever it is they're talking about, they're always able to make it entertaining to listen to.

Mega64 Podcast - I honestly thing the Mega64 podcast is funnier than most of their videos. They talk about video games more often than Rooster Teeth, but they also talk about their own videos and other random shit they come up with. These dudes are just naturally funny people so their podcast is always entertaining.

Laser Time Podcast - Most of this group is made up of ex-writers at Games Radar, so it's surprising that they so rarely talk about gaming. Unlike the other podcasts I've mentioned which are basically just about whatever the hosts feel like bringing up, each Laser Time podcast is dedicated to a single subject. That subject could be anything but it always leads to an entertaining and funny discussion. They also have other podcasts dedicated to video games, video game music, comic books, and wrasslin' which sometimes seeps into their main podcast.

jkid101094

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

Elija2

Quote from: jkid101094 on July 31, 2014, 08:38:10 PM
Gamegrumps.

I kid.

Is it because they're so bad at games that it's better to just listen to the audio?

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on July 31, 2014, 08:46:52 PM
Is it because they're so bad at games that it's better to just listen to the audio?

Yes.
Rarely their humour needs the shown visuals.

Elija2

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on July 31, 2014, 08:49:24 PM
Yes.

Yeah, random silly noises are usually enough on their own.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on July 31, 2014, 08:49:24 PM
Yes.

Yeahhh...
Honestly I liked it until Jon left. Back then they just talked / joked about random things or made actually really constructive jokes - or actually discussed something. Issue was that they barely payed any attention to the game. At all.

Anyway, I suggest GT Time from GameTrailersss....

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/gt-time-gametrailers.com/id844379376?mt=2

They strictly discuss what's going on in gaming, what happened, etc, etc.
Rarely they sway away.

It's only podcast I check out, because time

jkid101094

Quote from: {Your Lovely Kyo}~ on July 31, 2014, 09:00:55 PM
Yeahhh...
Honestly I liked it until Jon left. Back then they just talked / joked about random things or made actually really constructive jokes - or actually discussed something. Issue was that they barely payed any attention to the game. At all.
Danny is better now than Jon ever was on the show. They've become far more attentive to the games that they're playing and they still break off to talk about other things. I have no idea what the hell you're even talking about.

Quote from: DracoDraco:  Saber was my bitch LONG before you heard about her.  I introduced you to FSN, loser.  D<
Oh, and still...
ILU JKIDDD

Says you. She likes me more. D<
And ILU2. o3o
IaFNSW.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: jkid101094 on August 01, 2014, 12:38:26 AM
Danny is better now than Jon ever was on the show. They've become far more attentive to the games that they're playing and they still break off to talk about other things. I have no idea what the hell you're even talking about.

I disagree. They still are horrible at paying attention at the game. Difference just is that someone has either already played the game and/or that they're making more visual jokes about some silly animation or something. I found Jon to be way funnier than Danny and Ross.

Hakudamashi

Because of my attention problem, I don't listen to podcasts.
OR ELSE!
Compliments to our Goddess for this piece of superspecialawesome!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on August 01, 2014, 02:14:45 AM
Because of my attention problem, I don't listen to podcasts.

Do you have trouble watching movies?

Hakudamashi

OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on August 01, 2014, 08:41:05 AM
No I don't.

What are the differences between a podcast and a movie that make it difficult for you to pay attention to a podcast but not to a movie?

Hakudamashi

A podcast is just people talking. No matter how interesting their convo, I'm gonna tune it out after some minutes with no visuals happening.
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay

Elija2

But what if the hosts were talking about something you're interested in?

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on August 03, 2014, 12:46:44 PM
But what if the hosts were talking about something you're interested in?

Quote from: Hakudamashi on August 01, 2014, 09:33:13 AM
No matter how interesting their convo, I'm gonna tune it out after some minutes with no visuals happening.

Elija2

I didn't know your ADD was that severe, Wind.

Hakudamashi

I don't know about having ADD, but I do have a serious issue when it comes to focusing on things.
My mom scolds me about it all the time...
OR ELSE!
DO NOTCLICK!
m'kay