Trying to Get Back Into Live-Action Shows

Started by Hakudamashi, July 31, 2014, 08:49:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowDOESrock

Well, you could just check out the Pilot (Episode 1) to see if it's interesting enough.

That's what I do for Anime / TV Shows and Manga / Comics.

Elija2

Quote from: Hakudamashi on August 14, 2014, 01:30:49 PM
They were recommended based on quality?

Well, that too obviously, but the mangas that I choose to read in the first place are short because I can finish them quicker. If I had spent a long amount of time on something that I didn't end up liking then that would be a huge waste of time. I'd just rather not take the risk unless I think it's something that I probably will like.

Quote from: Crystal Candy on August 14, 2014, 01:34:56 PM
Well, you could just check out the Pilot (Episode 1) to see if it's interesting enough.

That's what I do for Anime / TV Shows and Manga / Comics.

A lot of TV shows/comics only pick up a good way into the series. Always Sunny for example has a pretty rough first season.

shadowDOESrock

Quote from: Elija2 on August 14, 2014, 01:43:20 PM
A lot of TV shows/comics only pick up a good way into the series. Always Sunny for example has a pretty rough first season.

Yeah, ofcourse. Everything is established by then.

But, the pilot was good enough to get people to watch Episode 2. And the entire season was good enough for people to watch the entire thing.

Elija2

Eh, honestly I'm sure Primeval is a good show and all but I just don't have the time to commit myself to a TV show that I probably wouldn't like. I kinda have a backlog of things to do myself. I've even been forcing myself to read these short mangas that only take an hour to get through. I'm that lazy.